REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Police Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/police-forum_143/)
-   -   got excessive speeding ticket (https://www.revscene.net/forums/639975-got-excessive-speeding-ticket.html)

jjiris 03-13-2011 05:45 PM

got excessive speeding ticket

just got my first excessive speeding ticket Saturday morning, car has been towed and stored for 7days!!! :(
has anyone try to dispute the excessive speeding ticket before???
is it any different than regular speeding ticket???
the cop told me if i try to dispute and the judge think im guilty, the judge may raise the ticket to $2000??? is it true???

PLEASE HELP ANY INFO WOULD BE APPRECIATE THANKS!!!

parm104 03-13-2011 06:13 PM

What could POSSIBLY be your justification to dispute an excessive speeding ticket?

I'm sure you could get your ticket raised for wasting the court's time...

Soundy 03-13-2011 06:14 PM

Were you actually speeding?

jjiris 03-13-2011 06:24 PM

yes i was speeding over 40km on knight street bridge
i was thinking if i can reduce the amount of my ticket by disputing.

sebberry 03-13-2011 06:30 PM

There is no dispute for an excessive speeding ticket.

On the other hand, if you got into a drunken brawl with someone and smashed a bottle over his head you'd have every right to have your case heard in court.

Spidey 03-13-2011 06:31 PM

*zips up flame suit... grabs a bowl of popcorn.

dn53 03-13-2011 06:39 PM

just curious-- was it at the usual spot (right before the bridge going southbound) or were they camping in the middle of it? and what time?

Nechako87 03-13-2011 06:40 PM

ur retarded.

this must be a dupe acct.

jjiris 03-13-2011 07:09 PM

it was on after bridge northbound
around 6am

gars 03-13-2011 07:14 PM

You never mentioned what the details of your ticket was, and how much the fine was for.

There are minimum fines, so it is possible that you won't have a lower fine by going to court.

jjiris 03-13-2011 07:29 PM

sorry the amount is $368 for excessive speeding

taylor192 03-13-2011 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjiris (Post 7342118)
sorry the amount is $368 for excessive speeding

That's the minimum fine, you won't get it reduced anymore.

Suck it up buttercup, you got off easy, the fine could have been much more.

dlo 03-13-2011 07:42 PM

over 40km? what the fuck.. and you want your ticket disputed when you are guilty? wont happen buddy

Soundy 03-13-2011 07:42 PM

So you were busted for speeding... you admit you were speeding...

Do the rest of the law-abiding public a favor and just suck it up. Disputing will serve no purpose but to tie up the courts, and the chances are better than good that the dispute will fail, wasting everyone's time, including your own.

If you do dispute, I will personally take time out of my own day to show up with a printed screenshot of this post to give to the JJP.

jjiris 03-13-2011 08:21 PM

i guess i just have to suck it up and learn the lesson hard way.
better than get my license suspended

xilley 03-13-2011 10:06 PM

minor

Soundy 03-13-2011 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjiris (Post 7342203)
i guess i just have to suck it up and learn the lesson hard way.
better than get my license suspended

That will happen if you get caught again.

Just fair warning.

crazyazn 03-13-2011 10:47 PM

^I thought just one excessive speeding ticket is enough for license suspension?

CP.AR 03-13-2011 11:02 PM

^ Yes according to new rules

Birchum 03-14-2011 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soundy (Post 7342139)
If you do dispute, I will personally take time out of my own day to show up with a printed screenshot of this post to give to the JJP.

You must have no life to do something so waistful lol, i hope you were kidding.

s300ae 03-14-2011 09:18 AM

Be a man. Accept your dues.

You got off lucky!
Posted via RS Mobile

JDM_DC2 03-14-2011 09:32 AM

By disputing the excessive speeding ticket the only thing you can achieve is having the court allow you to pay your ticket in installments if you really cant afford it at the time.

I hope you're aware of the icbc driver risk premiums. For an excessive speeding ticket you have to pay about $300 every year to icbc as well for 3 years after you pay the original $368. Theres no disputing those costs either just suck it up and learn from your mistakes. You're total cost for this ticket will be roughly $1268 at the end of the 3 years.

G-spec 03-14-2011 09:36 AM

that spot the very last block/street right before knight street bridge is one of the major accident spots in vancouver, my gf used to live literally on the last corner right before the bridge 69th n Knight, and within just 1 year ive witnessed numerous crashes, from a car going downhill towards the bridge literally fly up into the wall of the building on the right shaking the whole apartment building, to a bicyclist being fatally hit laid out on the sidewalk, because of speeders like you who lost control of their car.

OP slow the fuck down, and if those big ass fcking lines followed by the number 50 angled towards you for your viewing pleasure don't catch your attention, I hope this ticket does....

and on a lighter note, you have to be an idiot if you don't already know traffic cops fcking live sleep and eat at that spot, especially if you drive that route often

TheNewGirl 03-14-2011 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDM_DC2 (Post 7342991)
By disputing the excessive speeding ticket the only thing you can achieve is having the court allow you to pay your ticket in installments if you really cant afford it at the time.

I hope you're aware of the icbc driver risk premiums. For an excessive speeding ticket you have to pay about $300 every year to icbc as well for 3 years after you pay the original $368. Theres no disputing those costs either just suck it up and learn from your mistakes. You're total cost for this ticket will be roughly $1268 at the end of the 3 years.

Additionally if OP has an N, if he has any prior infractions he might get his license suspended. If he does not, and gets any further tickets in the next 2 years he WILL get it suspended.

Now... I don't know if because of the time change I'm feeling extra special bitchy this morning but this shit pisses me the fuck off. OP acknowledged that he's guilty and STILL wants to worm out of the consequences of his actions? Like what kind of pussy act is that?

As G-Spot pointed out, this IS a high crash zone. And while I won't begrudge anyone driving 10-15 over under normal circomstances, over 40 over in a place you should be slowing the fuck down not speeding up is so far from cool? OP, you're lucky you didn't wind up up killing someone.

PuYang 03-14-2011 09:51 AM

please dont misinterpret what im about to say, as i totally think you should just pay it up, and NOT speed in the future.

but, my friend at the time was in university, and got an excessive speeding ticket. he contacted the cop before going to court to dispute. my friend is a nice guy, and he was willing to man up, but due to money issues, he went to the cop in a nice manner in hopes they can lower the charge. the cop who was also a very nice guy, lowered the ticket to regular "speeding" instead of "excessive speeding".