REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > House and Home Renovations

House and Home Renovations THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Designing your new condo or townhouse? Renovating your kitchen? Share your photos and project ideas with other experts here! We're not just modifying our cars anymore..

Old 03-15-2011, 03:07 PM   #1
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Tub/Shower stall doors

I'm looking to replace some shower doors (one is a stall and the other is a tub enclosure) in my rental unit with some updated hardware and glass. Is there any other options from HD and Rona that I could look at? I'm definitely not looking for some expensive Kohler options. I would also be looking for an installer as well.

Thanks!
Advertisement
Old 03-15-2011, 03:20 PM   #2
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 1,118 Times in 161 Posts
i think best bet would to be to head to one of those department stores and ask. they will show u what stuff u need maybe even some DIY tips
Jayboogz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 03:25 PM   #3
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
Yes, there are options outside of HD and Rona, those are just the options most people choose because they're simple for a minor DIY since they generally have products in stock. Go to a kitchen and bath specific supply store, they'll have lots of options available to you there and that should include lower end products that fit your budget.

Installation will be relatively simple, your best bet would probably be a good handyman if you have one, do not use the department store installation services.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayboogz View Post
i think best bet would to be to head to one of those department stores and ask. they will show u what stuff u need maybe even some DIY tips
Is taking advice from someone who learned their renovation skills from a self-directed computer program a good idea, no.
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 03:46 PM   #4
I am Hook'd on RS

http://goodandquickglass.com/

Gp check out that place, they have some options and can do custom glass work as well.
kalekain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 02:06 PM   #5
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Thanks for the suggestions. It would be an easy DIY if there weren't existing frames already installed and I'm not sure who did them, but it doesn't look all that great and it could be a massive headache. I do have a friend that is pretty good at this stuff, I'll bring him by and see what he thinks.

kalekain: Thanks for the tip...I'll check that place out!