REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Fashion & Shopping (https://www.revscene.net/forums/fashion-shopping_34/)
-   -   Sportchek Massive Footwear Blowout, 5 Days ONLY! (https://www.revscene.net/forums/640308-sportchek-massive-footwear-blowout-5-days-only.html)

skiiipi 03-17-2011 12:18 AM

Sportchek Massive Footwear Blowout, 5 Days ONLY!

1 Attachment(s)
MODS, I'm posting in VOT due to the fact that the event begins immediately, VOT gets quite a bit more traffic than else where, so more RSers can take advantage of this deal.

This was just announced this morning on my conference call, but Sportchek is making an effort to clear out a large amount of 2010 and older footwear inventory. For the first time EVER, they are marking down ALL 2010 and older footwear by 50% off their last price (including items that were previously marked down). In my 9 years working for Sportchek, we have never gone so aggressive in terms of clearing out old product (and 2010 isnt exactly super aged inventory). So just thought I'd share this deal with you guys. The event goes on for 5 days, (March 17th to 21st). over 600,000 pair of shoes marked down as a company. Every store will have different sizing/styles availibility so YMMV. A lot of these deals are far below "cost" and cheaper than employee discount, so definately work checking out if you are in the market for shoes.

Here is just a few "deals" that poped up for me, these are mostly running shoes, but the promotion applies to all footwear (excluding golf/cycling) including basketball, trend/skate, trainers etc.

Asics GT2150-$79.88
Asics Gel 1150-$64.88
Asics Nimbus 12-$94.88
Saucony Grid Hybrid Run Dry-$59.88
Asics Kayano 16-$99.88

These are just a select few that I remembered (i'm in the market for new runners haha), but there are much much more, so definately worth going in to check it out.

dark0821 03-17-2011 12:25 AM

:D sounds great =D

busdriverman 03-17-2011 12:36 AM

THANKS OP!!!

Fobman 03-17-2011 12:40 AM

nice!
thank you

anyone know if they carry converse?

BrRsn 03-17-2011 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fobman (Post 7348447)
nice!
thank you

anyone know if they carry converse?

They do.

Good deal, the kayano's/nimbus are usually ~$200

Culverin 03-17-2011 12:43 AM

That's exactly what I was thinking.
I'd love to grab another pay of Kayanos.
But then I remembered that I worked there and they don't stock my size.

Fobman 03-17-2011 12:45 AM

do we need to print this out ?

mrclean604 03-17-2011 12:46 AM

thanks.
definitely gonna check this out

BrRsn 03-17-2011 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Culverin (Post 7348455)

What size are you? You could always call in and get them to put it on hold. I'd buy as many pairs as you could if you really like the Kayano (really don't change much year to year). They give you 30 day price protection so if you want, you can go buy your size before the crazy rush starts, then just go return them and re-buy them at the discounted price. (err .. unless the sale already started)

Are you wide foot or something? Look into the Nimbus 10, I got a wide foot and it comes in 2E and fits pretty good. The kayano (10? i think) also came in wide. My favs.

Euro7r 03-17-2011 12:54 AM

Damn, tempted to check this out.

Vansterdam 03-17-2011 12:56 AM

Thanks!!
Posted via RS Mobile

skiiipi 03-17-2011 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Culverin (Post 7348455)

We usually dont stock anything smaller than a men's 8, so if you are 7 or 7.5....we dont have a lot of options for you.
also depending on your size, you may have better luck at certain locations.
if you used to work for SC, see if u know someone that can do a quick inventory search for you so u are not blindly looking

Quote:

Originally Posted by dhillon09 (Post 7348464)
What size are you? You could always call in and get them to put it on hold. I'd buy as many pairs as you could if you really like the Kayano (really don't change much year to year). They give you 30 day price protection so if you want, you can go buy your size before the crazy rush starts, then just go return them and re-buy them at the discounted price. (err .. unless the sale already started)

Are you wide foot or something? Look into the Nimbus 10, I got a wide foot and it comes in 2E and fits pretty good. The kayano (10? i think) also came in wide. My favs.

unfortunately I dont think any stores will be doing holds for this event, first come first serve, but nothing says you cant call to check though.

Goonish 03-17-2011 01:21 AM

Will everything be stocked on racks or will we have to ask for it to be retrieved from the back room? Do you know of any particular store that will have an excess of soccer cleats to choose from?

Thanks for posting.

skiiipi 03-17-2011 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goonish (Post 7348492)
Will everything be stocked on racks or will we have to ask for it to be retrieved from the back room? Do you know of any particular store that will have an excess of soccer cleats to choose from?

Thanks for posting.

there is a 6 man crew tomrrow morning at 7am at my store to try to pull as much stuff onto the floor/into bunks as possible
there will still be a large amount in the back.

every store will have a slightly different set up.
Your best bet for more selection would be your bigger stores, Metrotown, Park Royal, Richmond are your biggest, followed by Langley, Coquitlam, Pacific Center are the next volume down.

AutozamAZ-3 03-17-2011 01:44 AM

sweet.. wouldnt mind grabbing some nike frees

Culverin 03-17-2011 02:49 AM

Yeppers, I'm a girly size 7. There is no luck for me. I just grab mine down from the states.

I worked there for 5 years, this is the best sale I've ever seen there.
Consistently top sales wherever I worked. Lols, I miss the retail game sometimes.
Working a day job at an office just doesn't light the same fire under your butt.

I'm a huge Asics fan boy. I rarely ever had to "sell" those to the customers.
All I had to to was just convince them to try on the shoes and it's game over, sale is made.

Nimbus if you've got proper feet.
Kayano if you've got flat feet like me.

Happy hunting guys.

Vansterdam 03-17-2011 02:52 AM

Never heard of kayano what's so great about it. Comfort?

I need a new pair of shoxs,adidas or pumas

Kinda interested in these kayano
Posted via RS Mobile

skiiipi 03-17-2011 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Culverin (Post 7348539)
Yeppers, I'm a girly size 7. There is no luck for me. I just grab mine down from the states.

I worked there for 5 years, this is the best sale I've ever seen there.
Consistently top sales wherever I worked. Lols, I miss the retail game sometimes.
Working a day job at an office just doesn't light the same fire under your butt.

I'm a huge Asics fan boy. I rarely ever had to "sell" those to the customers.
All I had to to was just convince them to try on the shoes and it's game over, sale is made.

Nimbus if you've got proper feet.
Kayano if you've got flat feet like me.

Happy hunting guys.

Out of curiosity, what store did u work at?
Posted via RS Mobile

skiiipi 03-17-2011 03:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vansterdam (Post 7348540)
Never heard of kayano what's so great about it. Comfort?

I need a new pair of shoxs,adidas or pumas

Kinda interested in these kayano
Posted via RS Mobile

Kayano is asics's top of the line stability shoe. Designed for someone with a moderate to over pronating foot. Asics uses gel for cushioning which is quite resiliant, and last a long time. (Vs companies that uses eva or variation of it, which loses its cushioning abilities rather quickly)

Asics also has developed quite the reputation in the running world, the 21XX series + kayanos consistantly win top stiability shoe catatories while the Nimbus is regarded as one of the most comfortable neutrual running shoes. (For someone with a rigid arch).
Posted via RS Mobile

Culverin 03-17-2011 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skiiipi (Post 7348543)
Out of curiosity, what store did u work at?
Posted via RS Mobile

I worked at 333, Station Square before it closed.

And after taking a break from retail for a year and just doing my regular day job, I came back for a christmas season, worked at metropolis (Coast side) and outsold all the sales staff there.

I know this sounds rather bitchy, but I found it amusing how easy it was to beat the staff on their own turf with simple honesty to the customers and being nice to the cashiers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by skiiipi (Post 7348545)
Kayano is asics's top of the line stability shoe. Designed for someone with a moderate to over pronating foot. Asics uses gel for cushioning which is quite resiliant, and last a long time. (Vs companies that uses eva or variation of it, which loses its cushioning abilities rather quickly)

Asics also has developed quite the reputation in the running world, the 21XX series + kayanos consistantly win top stiability shoe catatories while the Nimbus is regarded as one of the most comfortable neutrual running shoes. (For someone with a rigid arch).
Posted via RS Mobile

Yep. :)
I like durability, and despite being the Kayanos feeling like the cushion more, my absolute favorite pair of shoes to date would be my GT-2100. The first Asics I tried on, owned, and got converted in.

I've got shopping elsewhere at Running Room and Rackets & Runners. I've got to admit that nothing else I've tried on since holds a flame to my Kayano and GT-2100. The closest I've found was a pair of Pearl Izumi, but somehow, I think the fit was off.

I'm still holding my breath for the day they come out with a full heel (or at least mostly gel heel) model for structured cushioning similar to the Kinsei or Kinetic.

Vansterdam 03-17-2011 06:11 AM

hopefully they will have some kayanos left for me to try out when i go today :)

skiiipi 03-17-2011 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Culverin (Post 7348573)
I worked at 333, Station Square before it closed.

And after taking a break from retail for a year and just doing my regular day job, I came back for a christmas season, worked at metropolis (Coast side) and outsold all the sales staff there.

I know this sounds rather bitchy, but I found it amusing how easy it was to beat the staff on their own turf with simple honesty to the customers and being nice to the cashiers.

So u must've worked with sarb, eric and those guys + all the different managers that came in and out of that store.....weins, bond, cartwright etc...
Posted via RS Mobile

Oleophobic 03-17-2011 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skiiipi (Post 7348494)
Your best bet for more selection would be your bigger stores, Metrotown, Park Royal, Richmond are your biggest, followed by Langley, Coquitlam, Pacific Center are the next volume down.

Just wondering what about the West Broadway store? That seems like a big store too

gilly 03-17-2011 10:45 AM

yes mall closes at 9. i can go after work. THANKS OP

gilly 03-17-2011 10:45 AM

jw, are they all marked down already on the shoe racks? I don't have to ask which shoe has the 50% off right?