REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > #RevsceneVLS General Chat

#RevsceneVLS General Chat SOCIAL LIFESTYLES ADSPACE AVAILABLE. CONTACT INFO@BLITZGEAR.COM
2016 VLS Community Head Moderator: SaucyWoman
2016 Social Media Liason: Blitzgear

@Revscene #RevsceneVLS. Vancouver LifeStyles Discussions: Car-free, political and current events, random thoughts, or topics that don't fit in the other forums. Remember to check out feature articles on the Main Website

Old 03-23-2011, 09:48 AM   #1
Strut

Does the fire department charge?

Say if you call them and they come over in a hurry to look over something but there is no fire, do they charge you (by sending a bill later)?
Advertisement
Skim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 10:53 PM   #2
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,382 Times in 416 Posts
when you call 911, they will ask you what the problem is, and then contact you to the fire department. then they will ask you whats wrong and i guess they will go from there.
i had a house fire before, and they did not charge, however it was a real fire.
if it is a legitimate reason such as having reason to believe there might be a emergency, i do not believe they WOULD charge you unless it was for a stupid reason.
k3mps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 12:36 AM   #3
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

I believe they do charge. I remember accidentally hitting the fire alarm with a volleyball in elementary school and remember them saying somethign about for every false alarm, it costs the school $50 or something. Not sure if it was more.

Last edited by 06TLer; 03-30-2011 at 12:39 AM. Reason: Edit: Elementary not highschool
06TLer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 12:38 AM   #4
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 3,340 Times in 841 Posts
My neighbour was charged like $300 for calling them when she was drunk trying to get into her house.... Idiot.
Posted via RS Mobile
Jgresch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 01:27 AM   #5
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 4,282 Times in 587 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06TLer View Post
I believe they do charge. I remember accidentally hitting the fire alarm with a volleyball in elementary school and remember them saying somethign about for every false alarm, it costs the school $50 or something. Not sure if it was more.
LOL "hitting the fire alarm with a volleyball"
cliffhanger33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 10:30 PM   #6
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,341 Times in 557 Posts
Quote:
i remember it was $500

and wtf is so important that you need the fire department to come look at?... if you call 911 for that, its likely they'll fine you for misuse of emergency services, i think theres even a criminal charge for it if you do it too many times
PiuYi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 10:32 PM   #7
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
Yea, its $500 and not $50.
Old 03-31-2011, 12:41 AM   #8
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
Quote:
how can this even happen? you have to pull the lever which is covered by a glass..
Old 03-31-2011, 12:47 AM   #9
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
Not all of them are covered in glass. But also, it does seem far fetched that a volleyball could get at a recessed lever.
Old 03-31-2011, 10:52 AM   #10
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOS'd View Post
Not all of them are covered in glass. But also, it does seem far fetched that a volleyball could get at a recessed lever.
Doesn't have to pull the lever, just has to break that glass rod to set it off.

In other words..

I would love to insult you but you wouldn't understand.
TekDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 11:55 AM   #11
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrariEnzo View Post
how can this even happen? you have to pull the lever which is covered by a glass..
My elementary school didn't have the glass thing covering it. This was back in 2000 or so. It was horrible, literally first minute of PE class, teacher told us to grab a partner and practice, I served it to my partner....yelled his name to run for it....went over his head...knocked the lever down and that was the end of PE class for that day...Assembed ourselves at the school field...fire trucks came...I stepped out infront of the whole school and walked away with the firemen to show them where it was and what happened....

Edit: This is what the old school ones looked like:
06TLer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 08:47 PM   #12
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Yes you get charged if it was a false alarm. Their reasoning is, what if someone at the same time, while rushing to you, actually has a real problem and they just wasted time coming (possibly lead to death)
Mining is offline   Reply With Quote