REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 03-23-2011, 11:55 PM   #1
Banned By Establishment

seat belt ticket-guilty plea

Hey guys,

So i went to court and plead guilty to a seat belt ticket. The judge reduced the fine from 130 to 85, however i recieved the letter in the mail today saying i owe the full amount. my question is who do i call, or how do i prove the judge reduced the fine?

thanks
Advertisement
z-33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 04:15 AM   #2
I bringith the lowerballerith

When the JJP makes his findings, he writes his judgement/fine amount owing on a form that goes up to the Court Registry that same day. I would call the Court Registry of the courthouse that you attended, and/or an ICBC Drivers Services Center. They'd be able to look into it more in-depth than an Autoplan agent would.

What is the timeline between the trial and receiving the letter? Have you already paid the $85?
"Never give a match up halfway through. Never say that you do not feel up to it, that your condition is bad, and throw in the towel. Fight to the very end, always looking for your chance to break through." - Kazuzo Kudo
sho_bc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 09:33 PM   #3
Banned By Establishment

hey man thanks for the quick reply. The trial was held on March 7, however i have not paid as i asked for time to pay and the judge gave me until April.1. Ill give them a call and see what they say.

Thanks buddy.
z-33 is offline   Reply With Quote