REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Music & Clubbing (https://www.revscene.net/forums/music-clubbing_31/)
-   -   Downtown nightlife (https://www.revscene.net/forums/641272-downtown-nightlife.html)

saucywoman 03-28-2011 01:58 PM

Downtown nightlife

So I won tix to Canucks final home game of season and a nights stay at Rosedale on Robson and with my birthday being on the sunday I wanna go out while I'm down there just not sure what's good around there?

We're open to either pubs or clubs, but we want them close to our hotel. Thanks :)

illicitstylz 03-28-2011 02:04 PM

just go straight to the rosedale.

i'll find a good home for the tickets ;)

on a serious note, Circa Lounge is definitely a place you should check out!

Nice upscale bar, lounge, small dance floor upstairs, right off granville.

ajax 03-28-2011 02:07 PM

Don't let the valets at rosedale park your car! Lol Mine got dented at my stay, hotel was nice though! And the management handled it very professionally but just don't use valet.
Posted via RS Mobile

saucywoman 03-28-2011 02:54 PM

ajax thanks for heads up, but I'm cheap and don't wanna pay for valet so I'll do it myself, lol

illicitstylz it looks like it's closed?

keep in mind I'll be hitting wherever on a thurs night

Bonka 03-28-2011 03:14 PM

The restaurant inside Rosedale's (Rosie's on Robson) I thought was pretty decent for an Irish pub. Close proximity is nice if you need to stumble back to your suite :)

saucywoman 03-31-2011 06:00 AM

bonka thanks for that, we'll might check it out once we get checked in.. It's also my birthday on the 10th and the person i'm bringing can't celebrate with me on the weekend so we were looking to celebrate it while we're down there too so i'd prob wanna go where there's a nice big crowd :)

adambomb 03-31-2011 07:15 AM

The Roxy on Granville after hockey games ---> :fullofwin:

'nuff said.

saucywoman 03-31-2011 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adambomb (Post 7369003)
The Roxy on Granville after hockey games ---> :fullofwin:

'nuff said.

please enlighten me, lol

6793026 03-31-2011 08:39 AM

Roxy is a place where the line ups are long and it's a very caucasian oriented place. you won't hear too much hip hop R&B there. you do get a few crazy drunk white girls and guys if you are there long enough.

adambomb 03-31-2011 08:40 AM

If you want to wear a super tight dress, 6 inch heels, a half pound of make-up, listen to hip-hop and have drinks with people who like to pretend they are rich. Places on Granville like Joseph Richard or Republic will gladly accept you and will have a big crowd.

But if you want to have a good time in semi-comfortable clothing. (like your Canucks jersey) Go to the Roxy. Trust me, just go. But get there early, the line can be long. Once you get inside, you'll know why. I find it has the best atmosphere downtown. Every bar has it douche bags, but Roxy seems to be less douchy. The line can be discouraging sometimes, you might even have to leave the hockey game a few mins before the end of the game so you don't have to deal with the line. The bouncers won't take any grease, but people always show up who are a friends of somebody who is affilated with the bar and they get let in. They get in, infront of you, which is the discouraging part. But once you're inside, all is forgotten. Trust me.

I'm not affiliated with the Roxy, I have to wait in line like everyone else.

Caucasian oriented? But i'm asian...:speechless: and i've seen asians at the Roxy, what you won't see at the Roxy is Hongers and Fobs.

saucywoman 03-31-2011 08:54 AM

i'm white and don't really care if it's caucasian or asian oriented, and sorry but there is no way I am leaving a canucks game early to get into a bar... Maybe we'll just stick to a pub. I looked at thurs night and saw it was troysrus playing rock music on the thurs which sounds pretty good but like I said there's no way I am leaving the hockey game early as that's the main reason I'm coming down and is my birthday present, everything else is just secondary ;) lol

thanks for the info though :)

Tapioca 03-31-2011 09:01 AM

The Roxy is probably one of the few places downtown where anyone, from the rich to the more modest, can have a great time.

The Shark Club is right across the arena and I know on Saturdays they used to open up the floor for dancing. There will be a significant crowd there to watch the game, so it might be another alternative if you want a good crowd. In terms of other pubs, there's Doolin's on Granville and Nelson (Irish pub) or the Cellar nightclub which is beneath Doolin's.

bcrdukes 03-31-2011 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by illicitstylz (Post 7364755)
on a serious note, Circa Lounge is definitely a place you should check out!

Didn't the Circa Lounge close shop recently? :confused:

saucywoman 03-31-2011 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tapioca (Post 7369100)
I know on Saturdays they used to open up the floor for dancing. .

i'm there next thursday night :p

thanks for the post though :)

who knows where we'll end up, maybe just walk around and see what looks good.

dinamix 03-31-2011 12:58 PM

If it's your Bday , you can probably get you and 2 other people into any club without lining up . Just show them your Id. Cover will he free for you. Go to granville. I suggest you go to el furniture warehouse or ceilis to pre drink then go check Barcelona or republic for some good music. I usually only go to roxy on the weekdays
Posted via RS Mobile

saucywoman 03-31-2011 04:14 PM

My birthday isn't actually until the 10th :s
Posted via RS Mobile

Meowjin 04-01-2011 10:39 AM

Saucywoman, I work at caprice, if you wanna go out I'll hook you up, Just drop me a PM.

Our saturday's are packed. We are a European dance club. While roxy may be fun, the lineup is quite long, and I woulnd't really consider it a club, more like a well lit bar filled with cougars and girls who try to fuck hockey players. Fun times can be had there, but not my scene.

If you have any questions about the clubs on the strip just pm me, Ive been working downtown now for 4 years.

white_guilt 04-01-2011 11:02 AM

Circa has been closed for a long ass time now. The place was TERRIBLE anyways- I know because I worked there. Here's a hint for you: want to meet the players after the game? They can always be found at 100 Days in Yaletown. I have met so many players after the home games there. 100 Days is also super pretentious and you need a guest list to get in if you come late, BUT it has no cover. It is a lounge/club thing. As for clubs / bars: if you're white, steer clear of Fabric or Boss, since it's wall to wall Asians. Like literally 100 percent Asians, and you will stick out and none of them can speak English anyways so good luck making conversation.

Republic should be avoided like the plague unless you like partying with Surrey trash.
Caprice is overrated , and also Surrey-trashy at times. The Roxy is an AMAZING place (there's a reason why it's been around forever), with no pretentious attitude, and while it's predominantly white, it is still more multicultural than Fabric/Boss or Republic on Saturdays (when it is essentially Bollywood). Roxy is also a place where you can run into a hockey player or 2 and fuck a cougar or 2 , or pick up a college aged chick or 2. Good times. It's a semi-pub/club (although it has a dance floor). Ceiles is another good one. Pretty much all the Irish pubs /clubs in Vancouver are good times.

Lamplighter is another good one, but good luck getting in without a guest list. However, the best overall club in Vancouver of all time? From my experience in the industry, and 4 yrs of partying and living DT....

FORTUNE SOUND CLUB. Go there, be blown away.

Meowjin 04-01-2011 11:30 AM

Be blown away by what? Crowd, Music?

She's in downtown, I don't think she would want to go to chinatown when it can be hit or miss, when she can just walk down granville and just choose a club.

white_guilt 04-01-2011 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MajinHurricane (Post 7371108)
Be blown away by what? Crowd, Music?

She's in downtown, I don't think she would want to go to chinatown when it can be hit or miss, when she can just walk down granville and just choose a club.

Crowd's douche-free. Music is unique and eclectic. Best sound system in Vancouver, great decor. It's in Chinatown so not many people know about it yet, but for people who really know their clubs this is the place. Ironically it's in Chinatown, but is 80 percent white.

Meowjin 04-01-2011 04:17 PM

Douch free = hipster?

I know its a decent club. But you have to post what type of crowd it is.
Posted via RS Mobile

If I remember correctly, saucy women is older. Roxy, republic and caprice and barcelona ginger would be a better choice on a saturday

Z3guy 04-01-2011 05:50 PM

Joe's Apartment on Granville.....it is like the younger version of the Roxy...great houseband.......drink prices are very reasonable....great unpretenious attitude....

tiger_handheld 04-01-2011 06:06 PM

www.clubzone.com

you can browse the venue listings to get reviews/music types...

saucywoman 04-01-2011 09:30 PM

Thursday night is when I'm there, not sat
Posted via RS Mobile

Meowjin 04-01-2011 10:32 PM

When did you wanna go out
Posted via RS Mobile