REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > #RevsceneVLS General Chat

#RevsceneVLS General Chat SOCIAL LIFESTYLES ADSPACE AVAILABLE. CONTACT INFO@BLITZGEAR.COM
2016 VLS Community Head Moderator: SaucyWoman
2016 Social Media Liason: Blitzgear

@Revscene #RevsceneVLS. Vancouver LifeStyles Discussions: Car-free, political and current events, random thoughts, or topics that don't fit in the other forums. Remember to check out feature articles on the Main Website

Old 03-29-2011, 11:14 AM   #26
Banned (ABWS)

i work at a warehouse and well the craft of stock i was lifting fell ontop of me and knocked me out it supposedly plugged my wind pipe
Advertisement
FlyingHigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 11:38 AM   #27
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,352 Times in 445 Posts
Opening day olympics ceremony in Richmond. Driving back on number 2, I see the car ahead of me was doing a left turn, and I stupidly thought it would be a smart idea to follow him and do a U-Turn...

Well, the van turned, and as I was just beginning my turn, a car blew by the intersection and I JUST stopped in time.Pretty sure an extra inch forward, and he woulda smoked my front bumper. My wife was in the passenger seat, and she would have been smoked. I still get goosebumps thinking about "what if".

But I swore to myself that night forward, drive as safe as possible. Only takes a splitsecond bad decision to change your life forever.
Posted via RS Mobile
vafanculo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 12:15 PM   #28
RS controls my life!

Thanked 1,179 Times in 229 Posts
I dont remember when this happened but was told to me. When I was about 4 years old, I was left unattended near a swimming pool...poor me. Next thing you know, someone spots me, legs hanging up the air in the pool. My face was blue and was pretty much dead for a min or two til someone performed CPR. Apparently after I told them I saw a white light!! What if I walked through it...Freaky shit.
Old 03-29-2011, 12:27 PM   #29
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

My precious '02 civic SIR vs a semi. Civic lost...I was completely KO'd and got rushed to the hospital.
epicbeardman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 10:03 AM   #30
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Heart stopped.

I had been in a bicycle vs minivan accident earlier in the day (broken bones, but no broken head thanks to a helmet ). During my stay in the hospital my heart stopped a few times.
Erik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 11:42 AM   #31
Banned (ABWS)

Snowboarding at Cypress . Went with my friend at night and it was snowing . We were on a black run heading down really face . I went over the edge at about 25% of my board . I was lucky I fell backwards . I took it easy on the way down . Really frightening . Not a lot of people on patrol at night .
duyxngoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 04:54 PM   #32
Banned (ABWS)

choked on a fat piece of meat on a skewer in Tropika down @ Cambie. Was choking so hard that the whole restaurant was looking at me and I was lucky enough that a huge white guy right beside my table gave me a bear hug to save my life. I swallowed the fat
dignatas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 05:03 PM   #33
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,811 Times in 8,187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dignatas View Post
choked on a fat piece of meat on a skewer in Tropika down @ Cambie. Was choking so hard that the whole restaurant was looking at me and I was lucky enough that a huge white guy right beside my table gave me a bear hug to save my life. I swallowed the fat
Good thing he grew up watching GI Joe like I did! I guarantee that's where he learned it
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 12:49 PM   #34

Watching little fockers.

I don't know how i survived man.
aaaa322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 12:54 PM   #35
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

I almost drown twice - once in California in an undertow, trying to pull my little brother out of the water and once in in PEI when I got stung by a jelly fish a ways out from the shore. After the second time, the taste and smell of salt water makes me a bit queasy.
Old 04-06-2011, 04:49 PM   #36
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berzerker View Post
Now I'm paranoid as shit driving in the rain.

Berz out.
LOL fuck i am also shit scared driving in the rain. i got tboned in my ITR. some asian lady was driving a mini van. she was speeding most likely. hit my passenger side, i flew up on the curb and then hit a pole. both side of my car damaged. me and my buddy walked out with no scratch , just dizzy. car completely totaled. now when ever it rains i dont even want to drive.

Time goes by puffing on lye, hopin that it gets me high!
da-suu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 02:13 AM   #37
I subscribe to Revscene

When I flipped my car over onto on coming traffic during rush hour @ Mary hill bypass
Posted via RS Mobile
DC5-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 02:40 AM   #38
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 4,550 Times in 463 Posts
Me and my buddies went cliffdiving from a cave in the beach. It had recently rained so the waves were a bit stronger than usual. Nobody really wanted to jump in, so i volunteered to go in first to literally test out the waters (like a dumbass).

After a few minutes I was getting exhausted just trying to stay afloat so I tried to climb the flimsy wooden ladder up to dry land. The rough waves wouldn't allow me to do so easily though so it kept repeatedly hammering me against the rocks.

My buddies tried as hard as they could to help me out but it was just too slippery. I honestly thought I was gonna drown. Then I finally used every bit of my remaining strength to just climb the fuck up. I finally did, luckily escaping with only minor cuts + bruises, as well as a busted fingernail.
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy View Post
my rule of thumb when picking between 2 or more girls .. always go with the one with bigger boobs
palepilsenpin0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 06:47 AM   #39
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,647 Times in 2,303 Posts
almost drowned when i was 4 or 5just remembered
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 03:44 PM   #40
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,557 Times in 511 Posts
When I was 15 I went Dirt biking in Squamish on the logging roads. I was on a 250cc while my uncle was on his 400cc.. We were cruising on the curvy roads and on the side was a huge 50+ foot drop.. I was trying to keep up but cut a corner too close and ended up having to go wide, I got to a point where there was no road but the cliff slammed on the brakes and was litterally 2inches from the cliff.. Scared the shit out of me since If I went down he wouldnt of known where I wouldve dropped. Throught out the day I wouldnt take the bike outta 3rd gear. Was a scary moment.

On a side note, Almost broke something driving down a loggin road went to pass my uncle around a large corner, just as the corner ended there was this huge water way going right across the road about 2ft wide basically hit it front wheel first going atleast 40+km, flipped the bike and myself. Hurt like a bitch.. Funniest part was when I fell my bike made it back on its 2 wheels and was heading for 2 guys who just did the same thing and was just resting for recovery.

Another time dirt biking in Nanaimo, It was near the end of the day of doing trails so we were just cruising the track and just hanging out.. I was just cruising over the medium size jumps since I was riding a 4 stroke and was farely new at riding.. Just as I was about to call it a day I figure what the hell just one more cruise over the humps, as I come around the corner I see the mound and go towards it, just then my arm stiffens up and now my bike is WOT heading for the jump. At this point I'm 10ft in the air table top style I push my bike off just in time for me to land and roll. Came out with a tone of scratches, bent handle bars and needed a new clutch handle..

Current:
2006 Honda Fourtrax Rancher 400cc ATV (Offroad trails + Winter Snow Plow)
1995 Toyota Tacoma (Toy Hauler)
2003 Honda Civic SIR (Daily Beater)
2018 KTM 390 Duke (Gas Saver)
2017 Subaru WRX Sport-Tech + STI 6MT (Weekend Track)

Past:
2014 Honda Grom
1971 MG MGB Tourer
Kayo MR125 Race Bike
2001 Honda Odyssey
2009 Toyota Corolla CE
2007 Honda Ruckus
2007 Husqvarna SM610 SuperMoto
2001 Honda S2000
Dragon-88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 03:55 PM   #41
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,560 Times in 1,710 Posts
1. Trying to sneak into a rave back in the day. Climbed this 8 foot high construction fence, smashed out of my mind. Got to the top, in my drunken stupor thought I could jump from this flimsy fence and land on my feet. Didn't work so well, my foot got caught and I landed face first HARD into concrete. Lost a tooth, broke my nose, busted up my lip badly. Doctors said I could've been paralysed or died it I didn't work out so much, and was physically fit.

2. Stabbed at during a robery in the Caribean.

3. Shot at by corupt military in Nigeria.

Good life I've had.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 04:18 PM   #42
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,647 Times in 2,303 Posts
^ dude craziest stories so far from this thread
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 05:50 PM   #43

Thanked 1,022 Times in 203 Posts
I was walking with headphones jamming to some tunes, suddenly this insane driver stops like literally 1cm from me and almost hit me...
Posted via RS Mobile
nl96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 04:34 PM   #44
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

ooh i've had many :|

i just asked my mom, and when i was about 8 months or 9 months i was crawling around near where my dad worked (once again) and i stumbled and got a nail through my throat luckily it missed the big vein that goes through there

as a child (age 1-2), my dad always worked on cars and shit, my mom had got her cousin to babysit me, she took her eyes off me for about 2 minutes i had walked outside, tripped and got the sharp side of the hammer to the side of my head

hmm 4 or 5 years old? i was biking around the local highschool, and my bike had hit a rock and there was a electrical pole that was left on the pavement there from the portable building that used to be there, the pole hit my belly when i fell lucky enough the pole wasnt sharp enough to go THROUGH my stomach
mruppal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 04:42 PM   #45
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 1,806 Times in 215 Posts
fucking yesterday..

riding my bike standing up trying to gain full speed, i turn from the road onto a crosswalk and what do you know.. a car was trying to back up onto the roadway. Luckily for me i swerved at the last second and managed to escape, otherwise my balls would've been destroyed by that 1978 pontiac firebird's metal spoiler..

Funny how just less than one second could change your life
AlphaKappa is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-09-2011, 04:48 PM   #46
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOS'd View Post
One time, I asked this girl out and she said no.
Don't they always say no? EMOTOS'D
6insomnia9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 11:06 PM   #47

Thanked 1,958 Times in 287 Posts
at about 17, my friend and I were driving in his 63 impala, on a highway between qualicum beach and horne lake... it was during lunch hour and we were trying to get there and back in time for class cause we wanted some used junkyard parts.

the car was new to him, and didnt know there was a large bulge in the tread on a rear tire.

Old car, no seatbelts, at about 60 mph the car started vibrating, then passed at 70 mph... then at 80 mph it came back more violent... tried to slow down, and 75,70,65,60 all were voilent now... BAM, Rear tire blew on highway just as the road curved for oncoming bridge. The impala turned and road up the median maybe a foot, then did a complete sideways slide across both lanes.. literally blocking both lanes of traffic while cars swerved to avoid us. traffic slowed and we pushed the car to the side of the road.

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...a3fc/event.png
MWR34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 11:13 PM   #48
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,543 Times in 840 Posts
got hit by a corolla going 30-40km in 2006,

corolla took more damage then i did, cracked windshield, dent on hood and cracked headlight

i got a cut where the license plate bolt was and had a limp for 3 weeks
Qmx323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 10:15 AM   #49
Trollollolloing RS sine 2005

Thanked 2,471 Times in 704 Posts
1 morning while heading to school, driving north on 4 road crossing grandville ave. For sure I had a green light as another car was beside me crossing that intersection at the sametime. Right as I'm in the middle of the intersection I look left and see a green crv comming towards me at a really really fast pace. Guess what, it was a clai driving and I'm pretty sure she didn't even know she had a red light. She came so close to me I could literally see what kind of light bulb she's using, I remember seeing the headlight right in my face.

Another time was when I was about 5 years old, I remember crossing a big intersection with my mom. As I finish crossing and step onto the sidewalk, a motorcycle cruiser clipped me and knocked me over. I THOUGHT I missed the step onto the side walk and fell but my mom who was about 10 steps behind me said the motorcycle clipped me. This one happened when I was in china.
Posted via RS Mobile
TOPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 11:00 AM   #50
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

happened a month after i got my new car. i wasn't a 100% used to how the engine delivers power and how it reacts in the rain while at WOT. the car's rear end basically lost traction because of shitty tires and when vtec kicked in (no joke) around 7k and crashed right into the center divider on knight bridge. A second later i was starring at pavement because the rear end actually rode up the center divider at aprox 150km/h. the whole time i was thinking "oh shit im gonna flip over the bridge. get ready." luckily the car landed back on 4 wheels and did multiple 360s from the very top of knight bridge all the way down to the "welcome to vancouver" sign.
i couldn't believe i didn't hit anything else, other than the first impact with the center divider.
46_valentinor is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by: