REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > #RevsceneVLS General Chat

#RevsceneVLS General Chat SOCIAL LIFESTYLES ADSPACE AVAILABLE. CONTACT INFO@BLITZGEAR.COM
2016 VLS Community Head Moderator: SaucyWoman
2016 Social Media Liason: Blitzgear

@Revscene #RevsceneVLS. Vancouver LifeStyles Discussions: Car-free, political and current events, random thoughts, or topics that don't fit in the other forums. Remember to check out feature articles on the Main Website

Old 05-10-2011, 11:41 AM   #51
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by r6_4life View Post
happened a month after i got my new car. i wasn't a 100% used to how the engine delivers power and how it reacts in the rain while at WOT. the car's rear end basically lost traction because of shitty tires and when vtec kicked in (no joke) around 7k and crashed right into the center divider on knight bridge. A second later i was starring at pavement because the rear end actually rode up the center divider at aprox 150km/h. the whole time i was thinking "oh shit im gonna flip over the bridge. get ready." luckily the car landed back on 4 wheels and did multiple 360s from the very top of knight bridge all the way down to the "welcome to vancouver" sign.
i couldn't believe i didn't hit anything else, other than the first impact with the center divider.
And why were you doing 150km/h???.....thats just...facepalm.

wait a minute....if you crashed at aprox. 150km/h..doesnt that mean you were going faster?....

------------------
Advertisement
"Just because any car nut can tell you every possible performance specification of a Ferrari doesn't mean he can drive. Most of these people live in places where they've never even seen a Ferrari, much less ever owned one themselves."
Supafly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 12:17 PM   #52
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

couple years ago while vacationing in thailand, i was in a motor bike accident. was going about 80km/hr down a main street wearing nothing but helmet, shorts, tanktop and slippers, next thing you know it some idiot merges into my line and forces me to switch lines hitting another bike. That Sent me and my bike skidding down about 10 meters.. messed up my knee had to return home early
aznorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 12:50 PM   #53
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supafly View Post
And why were you doing 150km/h???.....thats just...facepalm.

wait a minute....if you crashed at aprox. 150km/h..doesnt that mean you were going faster?....

------------------
the last glimpse of the speedometer was 150....no doubt that was stupid and immature. lesson learned.
by the way, i never noticed how narrow the bridge is until after the accident. O_o
46_valentinor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 02:44 PM   #54
YOU CANT CUT BACK ON FUNDING! YOU WILL REGRET THIS

Thanked 3,092 Times in 1,038 Posts
I've had 3 cases of head injury (each time thinking I was going to die)

1.) When I was about three years old I feel through a glass table. Shards of glass was wedged in my forehead in addition to a minor concussion from hitting the floor head first afterwards. Stayed in the hospital for a good 2 weeks and had 20 something stitches to my head. To this day, 18 years later, my family is still against buying any form of glass furniture.

2.) when I was in grade 3, I was on a see-saw when some idiots and myself decided it would be funny to have someone jump off the other side with me sitting on the opposite side. What followed was a mid-air somersault in a elementary school playground followed by the painful meeting of my head and the centre of see-saw. 7 stitches later, I was healed but with a lifelong fear of any form of cantilever device.
Oh yeah, an ugly scar like harry potter's now resides on my forehead, and hurts whenever I sweat.

3.) About half a year after my experience above. my undivided attention on my bike caused me to flip forwards on the perimeter of the same playground. Only this time one of those little nasty playground pebbles/filler got lodged in the back of my head and caused an infection. A trip to the hospital due to concussion symptoms and 5 stitches later and I'm all good.
Old 05-10-2011, 09:22 PM   #55
mb_
WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB

Thanked 7,010 Times in 1,890 Posts
- Got into a huge car accident when I was like 3 or 4 years old. Don't remember it at all but my parents said the medics said I was lucky not to be seriously injured.

- I was in the left lane and there was a bus stopped at a bus stop.. the guy behind the bus cut me off and I narrowly missed flying over the median and hitting the on-coming semi

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowguy View Post
fuck you hipster
Quote:
Originally Posted by trollguy View Post
then fuck you hipster akinari
Quote:
[23-05, 11:34] FastAnna suck a dick ygay
mb_ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 10:20 PM   #56
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 1,148 Times in 139 Posts
when i was 4 my mom was driving on a round a bout when i decided to open the back door w/o a seatbelt. (this was back in dubai)
Old 05-10-2011, 11:38 PM   #57

Thanked 4,282 Times in 587 Posts
Snowboarding on the Symphony run on Whistler. It was foggy that time and the top of the mountain had almost no visibility. As I was sitting on a slope to rest, from behind, a loose snowboard came flying down and nearly hit me on the back of my head by less than 2 inches. Could have definitely broken my occipital to say the least.
her: why are all guys asking the same f**king question?
me: i uno.... so can I tap that
her: stfu you got a gf
me: tap together?

no reply...
cliffhanger33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 01:01 AM   #58
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,091 Times in 773 Posts
Driving in richmond
Meowjin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-11-2011, 01:10 AM   #59
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,776 Times in 444 Posts
.45 to my head by a shaky drug addict;

5.56 rounds hitting a wall three feet in front of me.

Both in Rio.

Do I win?

Edit: And there was this time too that I was in a 767, and we hit severe turbulence and the plane dropped "about 200 feet", according to the co-pilot after the flight. That was some scary 5 seconds there, but the gun-to-head and bullets-in-the-wall still beats it.

Last edited by Mr.C; 05-11-2011 at 01:16 AM.
Mr.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 02:57 AM   #60
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,079 Times in 368 Posts
I was about 9 years old in the Philippines on a tricycle (Motorcycle taxi with cart attached to the side, no doors, no seatbelts). Traffic was busy as you would imagine a busy street in Asia full of motorcycles. I got off the seat when we were near our stop at my cousin's house and somehow ended hanging off one of the cart's bars with one hand as the bike was still moving quite fast. I struggled pretty hard not to let go. Luckily, I did hold on until the motorcycle was able to stop. If I had let go I would of probably rolled under a bunch of other bikes.

My cousin gave me shit for forgetting to pay after we got off.

I spent 6 months in the Philippines and almost died at least once.
Old 05-11-2011, 03:45 AM   #61
I bringith the lowerballerith

was drinking, tried the breathlyzer they had at the place and it read .25ish, decided to drive anyways. had 3 friends in the car and they were keep saying, "drive safe." i got annoyed and decided to speed upto 160km/h to give them a 'scare'. suddenly i saw a cop on the other side of the highway barrier and i know he saaw me so i sped more in hopes that i can gtfo of the area before whoever he called on radio can get to me. upon the highway exit i was going ot fast so i started to slide but i managed to control it and basically drifted the whole 'roundabout' exit. slowed down and everyone got home safe no tickets, fucking passed out rightaway on the bed. next time ill drink a little bit less when i drive
geeknerd is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-11-2011, 04:21 AM   #62
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

a few years ago-747 powerless and in a nose dive,

This summer
--- had a fireball shoot through a 6" pipe my welder was cutting with his acetylene torch while putting on a pressure regulator/guage with a flange on the other side of him, which caused the damn thing to fly about 50feet in the air and almost hit me (PPE or not, that would have hurt pretty bad).

same week i got chased up a tree blind next to my oil camp i was staying in with 5 other guys by a mother black bear and 3 cubs. I was the last one up and it was Face to Face on the opposite side of the stairs from me. Jumped over its foot as i ran up the ladder and no i never spilled a drop of my beer

Then a month after when i left work to come back to BC my friend and i got run off the dirt road by oncoming traffic and the car after fishtail right to the otherside of the road then the ass end went into the edge of the ditch causing the car to whip to the left crossed the road then flipped. got away with a few cuts and bruising.
Prolowtone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 09:39 PM   #63
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

i was coming back from Merritt last summer when the tires popped from the heat, lost control of the car, and the car went off the cliff. fortunately, no injuries, but the car is now a goner. rip 91 mazda protege.
doanzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 10:27 PM   #64
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 4,970 Times in 385 Posts
- i don't know if this was close to a death or not , but went biking w/ friends last summer around hastings area @ 10pm-ish , and i crashed face-first into the back of a minivan
got my front tooth KO'd, and the one beside it damaged . mouth was bleeding like a bitch and had a mild concussion . i fell on my knees and hands when i tried to get up after crashing, couldn't even stand up LOL

- climbing up a small waterfall up in Squamish , almost slipped and drowned but hung onto one of a tree's branches for dear life and pulled myself up . i'm not a great swimmer so GG
V4NC1TY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 10:35 PM   #65

Thanked 4,282 Times in 587 Posts
Dam this may sound stuipd, but first time blazing it was during school and I got really friken stoned. My heart pounded so fast, everything was spinning, everything was so slow andloud, my chest was burning thought it was like a heart attack, my mouth was dry, MY legs and hands were shaking
I was freaking out, thought I wouldn't last it. And I had two more classes to go through till the day ended . Didn't enjoy any minute of it
her: why are all guys asking the same f**king question?
me: i uno.... so can I tap that
her: stfu you got a gf
me: tap together?

no reply...

Last edited by cliffhanger33; 05-11-2011 at 11:29 PM.
cliffhanger33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 11:06 PM   #66
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,121 Times in 669 Posts
driving like an idiot when i just got my license, cant believe how stupid i was
xilley is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-11-2011, 11:32 PM   #67
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,474 Times in 543 Posts
I fell into that pond in sun sui wah when I was little I almost drowned..
RevYouUp is offline   Reply With Quote