REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > #RevsceneVLS General Chat

#RevsceneVLS General Chat SOCIAL LIFESTYLES ADSPACE AVAILABLE. CONTACT INFO@BLITZGEAR.COM
2016 VLS Community Head Moderator: SaucyWoman
2016 Social Media Liason: Blitzgear

@Revscene #RevsceneVLS. Vancouver LifeStyles Discussions: Car-free, political and current events, random thoughts, or topics that don't fit in the other forums. Remember to check out feature articles on the Main Website

Old 03-29-2011, 02:24 PM   #1
RS Lurker, I don't post!

Trying to sell a truck

Hey guys,

Long time creeper, first time poster.

I am just finally getting into cars now (I'm 21). My mother just gave me her truck in which she smoked in for 15+ years. I have cleaned the bad boy out, and she won't let me keep it (first car is not allowed to be standard =/) so I have to sell it. I want to try and get rid of the smoke smell to up the value, do you guys have any suggestions? I have heard good things about activated charcoal and airbombs but I am not sure where to get them. Even if I were to ship it to a letter carrier and pick it up it is still a ridiculous price to pay for something that I can't trust when there are mixed reviews.

http://www.gardenscure.com/420/secur...ed-carbon.html

http://www.ehow.com/video_5113196_ci...l-out-car.html

http://www.topoftheline.com/odbomairvens.html

So I guess in short, do any of you guys know which product I should go after, and if there is a cheaper alternative than shipping it?

Several friends who use this forum suggested I come here for advice. Thanks a lot for all your help guys =)
Advertisement
Catliketheif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 02:27 PM   #2
not the mod you're looking for

Thanked 1,534 Times in 555 Posts
Use the power of steam!! Steam cleaning worked wonders in my corolla years ago.

Off topic, but you're 21. Why is your mother not letting you get a standard car?
Posted via RS Mobile
FN-2199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 12:54 PM   #3
RS Lurker, I don't post!

She wants me to teach my brother when he gets his license. There is not much I can do about it. How much does steam cleaning set you back?
Catliketheif is offline   Reply With Quote