REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Entertainment Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/entertainment-forum_27/)
-   -   Footsteps into Gangland (https://www.revscene.net/forums/641707-footsteps-into-gangland.html)

Happy 04-01-2011 07:27 PM

Footsteps into Gangland

looks like a raw movie
filmed locally in vancouver
check out the trailer

SYNOPSIS:
Choices ultimately shape the people we become, even if you were supposed to be something else in life, a simple choice can alter your life beyond imagine. Himit (Jatinder Thandi) has just gotten off the ferry coming from a small town seeking new beginnings in Metro Vancouver. Himit called the one and only person he could, his younger cousin Vicky (Arvind Johal). Vicky and Himit grew up together on Vancouver Island but had lost touch when Vicky and his family moved to the mainland. Vicky, now the underboss of a street-gang, educates and with subtlety, tries to recruit Himit to join him.

Choices can also have profound effects unknowingly on the lives of others. Mya (Mannu Sandhu) has spent most of her life in the foster care system. Shifted from one home to another, Mya now 17, has only to wait until her 18th birthday before she can take control of her own life and escape the abuse she regularly faces from her foster father. For now, Mya uses partying and drugs to escape the torments of her emotions.

Footsteps Into Gangland is director Mani Amar's film adaptation of true events that have shattered the South Asian community of Vancouver. Footsteps Into Gangland will give the audience and especially parents a true and unbiased look into a single day of the lives of these characters. Gritty, unhindered dialogue accompanied with Amar's poetic filming style, the film will undoubtedly make you question, "where will your footsteps lead you?"

Manic! 04-01-2011 07:42 PM

The first 15 seconds of the trailer is going to cause a lot of controversy.

Edit: already started

BrRsn 04-01-2011 08:15 PM

I went to the premiere with a few friends and it was good but what pissed me off the most was the camera work. It seems like almost everything is out of focus.

A lot of the scenes don't flow .. they'll have a serious scene and then some random goofy joke to break it up .. on top of that a lot of the stuff is way over exaggerated and almost painful to watch (ie the blowjob scene in the car). I watched it with good friends that I hadn't seen in awhile, I guess that's the only reason why I sat through it lol.

At the end (~last 15 mins) there's a huge twist that comes from something similar that actually happened in surrey 10 years ago (those of you who watched the movie know what I'm talking about), so I guess that made it more interesting.