REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   easiest martial art to learn and useful too (https://www.revscene.net/forums/641815-easiest-martial-art-learn-useful-too.html)

smalone_99 04-02-2011 10:08 PM

easiest martial art to learn and useful too

which is the easiest of all the martial arts to learn and also useful too. i took karate and hate kata. too much memorzing and form and structure. i also found it useless and repeptive and boring . i took it for just 3 months.

any suggestions. muay thai looks fun. jiu justu looks hard and i tried it and its kind of hard. i just took trial lessons one time
how bout aikdo. im taking it and its so far kind of complicated. just took one lesson so far

jeedee 04-02-2011 10:26 PM

There is no "easiest" form of martial arts. It can take months or even years to master a certain one. You don't learn it overnight or in a week :rolleyes:

To answer your question, it's better to be well-rounded in every aspect in martial arts.

instantneedles 04-02-2011 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeedee (Post 7373044)
There is no "easiest" form of martial arts. It can take months or even years to master a certain one. You don't learn it overnight or in a week :rolleyes:

To answer your question, it's better to be well-rounded in every aspect in martial arts.

adding to what he said, there are no easy routes in martial arts, as with anything. different martial arts definetly have their advantages over other ones, but it is in your best interest to seek these advantages and utilize them to accomodate your own body type and fighting style...

yes, the structure in form in karate may be repetitive, but it allows you to focus on the detail behind every move... it may not seem practical to use in a fight, but once you understand the principles learned through kata (kata is something passed down from many generations in japan, and has been proven to be beneficial in fighting) will allow you to apply them in a real fight if need be. Some principles that can be learned from kata are but not limited to: opponent visualization, weight shifting, combinations (which can be shortened from the traditional when using in real life), ways to strengthen the body, exploring the weaknesses of the body, spirit, focus, form, targeting, dynamics of the human body and its natural capabilities....

much can be learned from kata. remember kata itself is something that was passed down from generation after generation, improved from master after master.

As a practitioner for 9 years, and a black belt for 4, i have learned that karate is not something that can be grasped in a matter of weeks or even months as with any other martial art...personally, i really enjoy karate because it has something more than fighting, unlike muay thai, crav maga, etc.... it has a set form and i find that certain styles of karate (in particular my style) really focuses on the details of moves from all parts of the body (not just a particular area unlike some other martial arts) which really allows for perfection. Karate is exceptional in that it is easy to learn and hard to excel in at the same time, and that is what makes it challenging. Once you have gained the principles learned through karate tho, after years of dedication, i can almost guarantee you that you will have a vast knowledge of the principles of martial arts, and you will be able to start incorporating different styles to suit your own needs for efficiency....I highly recommend you join karate again, as it really is a basis to most other martial arts....

duyxngoc 04-02-2011 11:41 PM

Every form of karate or fighting is unique in its own way. If you are learning self defence then might as well learn some grappling forms but if you are serious and want a well built style aim for any one of them. Ive only completed tae kwon do with a black belt but its worth it to learn any form. No form is better than the rest. Its just how someone executes it better than the rest. Even though there are so many different styles out there. The roots are the aame. There is attacking and defence. Learning self control and discipline is important. You have to be mature and ready to learn. Easiest thing to do is be over confident and cocky thinking of yourself so highly when you completed somwthing.
Posted via RS Mobile

SkinnyPupp 04-02-2011 11:45 PM

Probably depends on your reason for wanting to learn. If you want to learn a martial skill to better yourself, looking for something "easy" automatically means you fail.

But if you want to learn practical self defense, then it makes sense to want to learn something that doesn't require complicated technique. In that case, krav maga is probably your best bet.

Check out Tactix gym for classes in Vancouver

RayBot 04-02-2011 11:55 PM

Okay....Cheapest gym....free leagues....Easiest martial arts??

Does anyone see a trend here??

Dude, it seems like you're looking for a handout.

The_Situation 04-03-2011 01:03 PM

Try training Affliction

illicitstylz 04-03-2011 01:28 PM

why bother with years of dedication and training.

go kop yourself some affliction, silverstar, tapout Tee's and NO DOUBT nobody will mess with you brah.

incubus 04-03-2011 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Situation (Post 7373474)
Try training Affliction

http://images1.memegenerator.net/Ima...norant-mma-fan

gdoh 04-03-2011 03:17 PM

:facepalm::facepalm:

SkinnyPupp 04-03-2011 04:08 PM

Did I get :troll:ed?

murd0c 04-03-2011 04:14 PM

everyone who gave a response in this thread got :troll:ed

The_AK 04-03-2011 09:48 PM

op probably gets picked on at high school,
get a cool haircut, wear a wifebeater, and carry around a lighter, people will stop fucking with you

RayBot 04-04-2011 09:12 AM

Okay....just to get back on topic here...

Women's self defense courses are provided for free at the community centres.

StealthFighter 04-04-2011 04:02 PM

buy a billy blank's tae bo dvd.