REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Relationship & Gender Discussion (https://www.revscene.net/forums/relationship-gender-discussion_17/)
-   -   Girl makes more than guy... (https://www.revscene.net/forums/641883-girl-makes-more-than-guy.html)

SiRV 04-03-2011 09:08 PM

Girl makes more than guy...

So.. just a very hypothetical question. But what is your stance on a girl that makes more money than a guy? I am not talking 20-30k more per year, that is totally doable in my books. But what if the girl is making in the ball park of 150-200,000$ more than you?

Is it just me, or is it a total ego bust?

liu13 04-03-2011 09:20 PM

hell no, i`d be milking the shi outta that, lock it down, cheat on her then while getting a frd to cheat with her then take the loot

Jgresch 04-03-2011 09:20 PM

Insert: Men and woman should have equal oppurtunities and it shouldn't matter!
Insert: Why isn't she in the kitchen?
Insert: Pics of said girlfriend?

Wow, fuck I actually just re-read your post, it doesn't say anything about the guy and girl being together, do you mean to say that just in generally women making more then men? Or significant others?

If it's the first one, then grow up.
If it's the later, same thing. She obviously did something right if shes making 6 figures more than her man. The guy should use it as motivation to go out and get a higher paying job if money is that important to him. He is probably lucky that they are together and the girl isn't some "stay at home mom" gold digger.

vafanculo 04-03-2011 09:20 PM

Fuck that. That's awesome, hook me up!
Posted via RS Mobile

Soundy 04-03-2011 09:35 PM

Unless you're only in it for her money, what the fuck difference should it make?

The_AK 04-03-2011 09:42 PM

somewhat of an ego bust, but nobody likes a dumb girl thats completely dependent on your either, unless shes a hot young piece of ass that you use for your own personal pleasure... not like.. wife

SiRV 04-03-2011 09:49 PM

Wow 3 replies all at the same time.

This girl is actually very nice, and pretty decent looking too. I'm just trying to think longer term implications.. a lot of the financial aspects of a relationship (I'm not talking about who treats to dinner/movie etc) I'm talking things like mortgage.. how do you split that? Is it best to split it as a fraction of each others salary? Split the mortgage payments 50/50?

Also, culture also plays a role. Two traditional Asian families. The girls parents probably wont' be huge fans of the idea that their daughter is the breadwinner in the family. The entire family dynamic could potentially be affected..

tiger_handheld 04-03-2011 09:52 PM

you can be Mr.Mom -- nothing wrong with that.

Jgresch 04-03-2011 09:54 PM

split mortgage 50/50 I think would be the obvious solution. And if her parents judge you based on how much money you make I don't think they are doin it right.

Fafine 04-03-2011 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SiR_vfung (Post 7374062)
So.. just a very hypothetical question. But what is your stance on a girl that makes more money than a guy? I am not talking 20-30k more per year, that is totally doable in my books. But what if the girl is making in the ball park of 150-200,000$ more than you?

Is it just me, or is it a total ego bust?

just you

Soundy 04-03-2011 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SiR_vfung (Post 7374118)
This girl is actually very nice, and pretty decent looking too. I'm just trying to think longer term implications.. a lot of the financial aspects of a relationship (I'm not talking about who treats to dinner/movie etc) I'm talking things like mortgage.. how do you split that? Is it best to split it as a fraction of each others salary? Split the mortgage payments 50/50?

I'd say do it whichever way you're both comfortable with... just have it in writing, that should you split up, any joint assets are also divided with the same split. If you're paying 50/50 on the mortgage and sell the house, then you split the profits 50/50. If she's paying 75% of the mortgage, then she gets 75% of any profit. For example.

If she wants to pay 100% of it... then she keeps 100% of it if you go your separate ways. Or does that make too much sense?

Obviously if you get married, things change... if you're together long enough to be considered common-law, that may affect things as well - that's a question best asked of a lawyer or financial consultant.

Ulic Qel-Droma 04-03-2011 10:15 PM

she must really love the man.

What_the? 04-03-2011 10:27 PM

as long as it's clear who wears the pants, it doesn't matter...

instantneedles 04-03-2011 10:47 PM

Society has changed. With more opportunities given to women, its expected that many will come out very successful financially. So now what? They no longer need a husband that can support them and love them all the same? No buddy, it doesnt work that way. social status shouldn't have to be an obstacle in love. Although she may have a higher salary then you, that does not by any means make you less of a man. In fact, quite the opposite. I hate it when people associate cash with status, because in the end, it doesnt matter. Its finding the job you love and can be respected for because of your passion for it that makes you the man you are. Im sure the parents should know now that a husband that can take care of their daughter well is whats best for her. Not a guy that simply matches her digits in the bank.

impactX 04-04-2011 04:52 AM

One thing to keep in mind may be the different values you and the girl have; and that may change the way you strike a conversation with her.

civic_rice 04-04-2011 05:42 AM

Tell her to put a ring on ur finger lol
Posted via RS Mobile

Szeto 04-04-2011 07:59 AM

have your own accounts and a joint account where you guys contribute 50/50 for all expenses.

OR

milk the ca$h cowwwwwww, GOLD DIGGIN FTW :troll:

Supafly 04-04-2011 08:04 AM

I know a couple that are well into their golden ages....and well, the husbands asks the wife if she can buy him his porsche....shes got a collection of cars including the classic 300SL everyone sees once in awhile in vancity.:)

Glove 04-04-2011 08:13 AM

fuck,

how sweet would it be if my gf made 100k + a year,

id milk that shit so hard

6793026 04-04-2011 09:10 AM

I can tellyou if the girl makes 100K and you make say 40 k, sooner of later, your values will change.

The circle of friends she hangs out with are VIPs, wearing nice clothes, driving nice cars (not from mom and dad but just what they can afford), whereas you're in the lower income zone. They go fine dining at West, at Market and you're still stuck at trying to make ends meet. They are driving decent cars and you're rolling in a corolla. They go on yearly vacations to Grand Caymen and you're trying to see if you can afford plane tickets while they are spending $200 on a bottle of champgne.

It's just life and it's when there's such a gap, the experiences will soon segregating and it'll take a toll on you. Just imagine, before you would shop at old navy & gap when you were in high school and you would go to the movies with tons of junk food trying to save your 8 dollar/ hr income, now you're in your late 20s, making 17 bucks an hour, you don't mind buying popcorn ....

a shift in perspectives will occur and that's what will kill the relationship.

The_AK 04-04-2011 01:30 PM

Slightly off topic but now I'm wondering how many of you younger guys actually go out with older women who are already established?
Posted via RS Mobile

Tapioca 04-04-2011 03:21 PM

^ Since university, I have largely dated older women. It obviously hasn't quite worked out, but older women are what I seem to attract.

As 6793026 said, you'll be from 2 different worlds. Unless she's abnormally humble, it won't work over the long-term because she will have to sacrifice her lifestyle. Most women in their 20's will not sacrifice their lifestyle, especially if they are actually spending real money (not the money of their parents)
Posted via RS Mobile

ConCho 04-04-2011 05:17 PM

Is there a problem with woman making more money then men ? It might hurt your ego a little bit , but she loves you enough to be with you (I'm pretty sure you are just talking out loud saying what if) . Shouldn't be a problem unless she pampers you a lot and makes you feel extremely uncomfortable .

stewie 04-04-2011 05:55 PM

i got no problem being with a girl who makes 10x what i make...

wich is why me and my friends occasionally go to west van bars to search for single desperate milfs who are looking to make a bad decision :)

liu13 04-04-2011 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6793026 (Post 7374625)
I can tellyou if the girl makes 100K and you make say 40 k, sooner of later, your values will change.

The circle of friends she hangs out with are VIPs, wearing nice clothes, driving nice cars (not from mom and dad but just what they can afford), whereas you're in the lower income zone. They go fine dining at West, at Market and you're still stuck at trying to make ends meet. They are driving decent cars and you're rolling in a corolla. They go on yearly vacations to Grand Caymen and you're trying to see if you can afford plane tickets while they are spending $200 on a bottle of champgne.

It's just life and it's when there's such a gap, the experiences will soon segregating and it'll take a toll on you. Just imagine, before you would shop at old navy & gap when you were in high school and you would go to the movies with tons of junk food trying to save your 8 dollar/ hr income, now you're in your late 20s, making 17 bucks an hour, you don't mind buying popcorn ....

a shift in perspectives will occur and that's what will kill the relationship.

nice stereotyping, how many ppl making 100k+ do you even know?
that sounds more like a 250k salary

my parents and a few of my close friends make 100k+ and they are grounded as the next guy, they dont take first class vacations, dont drive 60k+ cars, and dont dine at overpriced restaurants

even some millionaires i know dont live a lavish lifestyle though they can afford it, they live like a guy living with a 40k salary, however they do have expensive hobbies such as hookers, drugs and gambling, but in public you wouldnt think they make even more than 50k