REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 04-03-2011, 09:08 PM   #1
SiRVs up, dude

Girl makes more than guy...

So.. just a very hypothetical question. But what is your stance on a girl that makes more money than a guy? I am not talking 20-30k more per year, that is totally doable in my books. But what if the girl is making in the ball park of 150-200,000$ more than you?

Is it just me, or is it a total ego bust?

Old 04-03-2011, 09:20 PM   #2
Banned (ABWS)

hell no, i`d be milking the shi outta that, lock it down, cheat on her then while getting a frd to cheat with her then take the loot
liu13 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-03-2011, 09:20 PM   #3
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 3,340 Times in 841 Posts
Insert: Men and woman should have equal oppurtunities and it shouldn't matter!
Insert: Why isn't she in the kitchen?
Insert: Pics of said girlfriend?

Wow, fuck I actually just re-read your post, it doesn't say anything about the guy and girl being together, do you mean to say that just in generally women making more then men? Or significant others?

If it's the first one, then grow up.
If it's the later, same thing. She obviously did something right if shes making 6 figures more than her man. The guy should use it as motivation to go out and get a higher paying job if money is that important to him. He is probably lucky that they are together and the girl isn't some "stay at home mom" gold digger.
Jgresch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 09:20 PM   #4
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,352 Times in 445 Posts
Fuck that. That's awesome, hook me up!
Posted via RS Mobile
vafanculo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 09:35 PM   #5
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Unless you're only in it for her money, what the fuck difference should it make?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 09:42 PM   #6
Ask me about how I answered the question "How fat is TOO fat?"

Thanked 4,122 Times in 1,141 Posts
somewhat of an ego bust, but nobody likes a dumb girl thats completely dependent on your either, unless shes a hot young piece of ass that you use for your own personal pleasure... not like.. wife

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
Current
e92 335i 6MT FBO
e90 330i 6MT
Former
e46 330ci 5MT - RIP
uc1 5AT
em2 5MT
db7 5AT - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyota86 View Post
the guys over at lambo vancouver said there are 60-70 pre-orders already. don't quote me though.
The_AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 09:49 PM   #7
SiRVs up, dude

Wow 3 replies all at the same time.

This girl is actually very nice, and pretty decent looking too. I'm just trying to think longer term implications.. a lot of the financial aspects of a relationship (I'm not talking about who treats to dinner/movie etc) I'm talking things like mortgage.. how do you split that? Is it best to split it as a fraction of each others salary? Split the mortgage payments 50/50?

Also, culture also plays a role. Two traditional Asian families. The girls parents probably wont' be huge fans of the idea that their daughter is the breadwinner in the family. The entire family dynamic could potentially be affected..
Old 04-03-2011, 09:52 PM   #8
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
you can be Mr.Mom -- nothing wrong with that.

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 09:54 PM   #9
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 3,340 Times in 841 Posts
split mortgage 50/50 I think would be the obvious solution. And if her parents judge you based on how much money you make I don't think they are doin it right.
Jgresch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 09:56 PM   #10
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,426 Times in 482 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiR_vfung View Post
So.. just a very hypothetical question. But what is your stance on a girl that makes more money than a guy? I am not talking 20-30k more per year, that is totally doable in my books. But what if the girl is making in the ball park of 150-200,000$ more than you?

Is it just me, or is it a total ego bust?

just you
Fafine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 10:05 PM   #11
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiR_vfung View Post
This girl is actually very nice, and pretty decent looking too. I'm just trying to think longer term implications.. a lot of the financial aspects of a relationship (I'm not talking about who treats to dinner/movie etc) I'm talking things like mortgage.. how do you split that? Is it best to split it as a fraction of each others salary? Split the mortgage payments 50/50?
I'd say do it whichever way you're both comfortable with... just have it in writing, that should you split up, any joint assets are also divided with the same split. If you're paying 50/50 on the mortgage and sell the house, then you split the profits 50/50. If she's paying 75% of the mortgage, then she gets 75% of any profit. For example.

If she wants to pay 100% of it... then she keeps 100% of it if you go your separate ways. Or does that make too much sense?

Obviously if you get married, things change... if you're together long enough to be considered common-law, that may affect things as well - that's a question best asked of a lawyer or financial consultant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 10:15 PM   #12
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
she must really love the man.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 10:27 PM   #13
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

as long as it's clear who wears the pants, it doesn't matter...
Old 04-03-2011, 10:47 PM   #14
Treasure Chest MOD

Thanked 1,602 Times in 704 Posts
Society has changed. With more opportunities given to women, its expected that many will come out very successful financially. So now what? They no longer need a husband that can support them and love them all the same? No buddy, it doesnt work that way. social status shouldn't have to be an obstacle in love. Although she may have a higher salary then you, that does not by any means make you less of a man. In fact, quite the opposite. I hate it when people associate cash with status, because in the end, it doesnt matter. Its finding the job you love and can be respected for because of your passion for it that makes you the man you are. Im sure the parents should know now that a husband that can take care of their daughter well is whats best for her. Not a guy that simply matches her digits in the bank.
instantneedles is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-04-2011, 04:52 AM   #15
The "You'd Know" Moderator

One thing to keep in mind may be the different values you and the girl have; and that may change the way you strike a conversation with her.

Ezekiel 25:17. The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.
impactX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 05:42 AM   #16
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Tell her to put a ring on ur finger lol
Posted via RS Mobile
civic_rice is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-04-2011, 07:59 AM   #17
Who's naughty? I___i

have your own accounts and a joint account where you guys contribute 50/50 for all expenses.

OR

milk the ca$h cowwwwwww, GOLD DIGGIN FTW
Szeto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 08:04 AM   #18
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

I know a couple that are well into their golden ages....and well, the husbands asks the wife if she can buy him his porsche....shes got a collection of cars including the classic 300SL everyone sees once in awhile in vancity.
"Just because any car nut can tell you every possible performance specification of a Ferrari doesn't mean he can drive. Most of these people live in places where they've never even seen a Ferrari, much less ever owned one themselves."
Supafly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 08:13 AM   #19
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 1,619 Times in 378 Posts
fuck,

how sweet would it be if my gf made 100k + a year,

id milk that shit so hard
Glove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 09:10 AM   #20
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,341 Times in 970 Posts
I can tellyou if the girl makes 100K and you make say 40 k, sooner of later, your values will change.

The circle of friends she hangs out with are VIPs, wearing nice clothes, driving nice cars (not from mom and dad but just what they can afford), whereas you're in the lower income zone. They go fine dining at West, at Market and you're still stuck at trying to make ends meet. They are driving decent cars and you're rolling in a corolla. They go on yearly vacations to Grand Caymen and you're trying to see if you can afford plane tickets while they are spending $200 on a bottle of champgne.

It's just life and it's when there's such a gap, the experiences will soon segregating and it'll take a toll on you. Just imagine, before you would shop at old navy & gap when you were in high school and you would go to the movies with tons of junk food trying to save your 8 dollar/ hr income, now you're in your late 20s, making 17 bucks an hour, you don't mind buying popcorn ....

a shift in perspectives will occur and that's what will kill the relationship.
6793026 is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-04-2011, 01:30 PM   #21
Ask me about how I answered the question "How fat is TOO fat?"

Thanked 4,122 Times in 1,141 Posts
Slightly off topic but now I'm wondering how many of you younger guys actually go out with older women who are already established?
Posted via RS Mobile
The_AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 03:21 PM   #22
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,459 Times in 1,126 Posts
^ Since university, I have largely dated older women. It obviously hasn't quite worked out, but older women are what I seem to attract.

As 6793026 said, you'll be from 2 different worlds. Unless she's abnormally humble, it won't work over the long-term because she will have to sacrifice her lifestyle. Most women in their 20's will not sacrifice their lifestyle, especially if they are actually spending real money (not the money of their parents)
Posted via RS Mobile
Tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 05:17 PM   #23
Banned (ABWS)

Is there a problem with woman making more money then men ? It might hurt your ego a little bit , but she loves you enough to be with you (I'm pretty sure you are just talking out loud saying what if) . Shouldn't be a problem unless she pampers you a lot and makes you feel extremely uncomfortable .
ConCho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 05:55 PM   #24
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
i got no problem being with a girl who makes 10x what i make...

wich is why me and my friends occasionally go to west van bars to search for single desperate milfs who are looking to make a bad decision
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-04-2011, 06:09 PM   #25
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6793026 View Post
I can tellyou if the girl makes 100K and you make say 40 k, sooner of later, your values will change.

The circle of friends she hangs out with are VIPs, wearing nice clothes, driving nice cars (not from mom and dad but just what they can afford), whereas you're in the lower income zone. They go fine dining at West, at Market and you're still stuck at trying to make ends meet. They are driving decent cars and you're rolling in a corolla. They go on yearly vacations to Grand Caymen and you're trying to see if you can afford plane tickets while they are spending $200 on a bottle of champgne.

It's just life and it's when there's such a gap, the experiences will soon segregating and it'll take a toll on you. Just imagine, before you would shop at old navy & gap when you were in high school and you would go to the movies with tons of junk food trying to save your 8 dollar/ hr income, now you're in your late 20s, making 17 bucks an hour, you don't mind buying popcorn ....

a shift in perspectives will occur and that's what will kill the relationship.
nice stereotyping, how many ppl making 100k+ do you even know?
that sounds more like a 250k salary

my parents and a few of my close friends make 100k+ and they are grounded as the next guy, they dont take first class vacations, dont drive 60k+ cars, and dont dine at overpriced restaurants

even some millionaires i know dont live a lavish lifestyle though they can afford it, they live like a guy living with a 40k salary, however they do have expensive hobbies such as hookers, drugs and gambling, but in public you wouldnt think they make even more than 50k

Last edited by liu13; 04-04-2011 at 06:26 PM.
liu13 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: