REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   HealthCare & Wellness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/healthcare-wellness_269/)
-   -   Not sleepy at all >< (https://www.revscene.net/forums/642231-not-sleepy-all.html)

Mr.HappySilp 04-07-2011 01:11 AM

Not sleepy at all ><

For the past year or so I don't feel sleepy at all. Like I can literally stay up all night and not sleep, go to work the next day and feel fine.

Not sure what's wrong but is like 2am now and I am still wide awake O_o. I usually have only 1 cup of coffee in the morning and that's about it.

Most days I actually force myself to sleep. Is not stress that's for sure (my job is pretty slack, no pressure at all). I don't have any pressure from family been single for a few years and I don't have a lot on my mind.

I just don't get it I don't get sleepy at all. Well actually other people say I look sleepy and at work they always think I am napping but I usually just close my eyes for them to rest (starting at a monitior after a while really hurts my eyes so I usually let them rest for a bit).

Have anyone encounter this issue before?

jeedee 04-07-2011 01:22 AM

Looks like you're having insomnia. Are you taking naps during the day? Try to avoid them if you want a full nights rest.

Also try working out/having a run before you go to bed. I find doing physical activities make me sleep easier.

I'm only up right now cause I got a bio test to study for and took a nap earlier lol

Hope you get some sleep!

Fobman 04-07-2011 01:48 AM

smoke some weed

TheNewGirl 04-07-2011 05:19 AM

I'm a life long insomniac myself. There's something called a 'mental routine' that you can train yourself to do to cue yourself to sleep and that will help a lot.

Also, turn off most of the lights and get away from your computer or tv a half hour or hour before bed, melatonine, the hormone your body produces that cues sleep, is light sensitive. Most of us stay in a well lit room right until we want to sleep this interferes with it's production. You want melatonine production to begin at least a half hour if not an hour prior to when you want to sleep or your body won't be ready when you lay down. Then the cycle of being frusterated with not being able to sleep interferes with the process that gets you there.

BUT first you need to go to you doctor. Sleep disturbance is actually the first symptom for a lot of health issues (Blood pressure, diabeties, thyriod problems).

Supafly 04-07-2011 11:29 AM

wow, im the complete opposite. I can never get enough sleep; it doesn't matter if I'm getting 4hrs or 8hrs of sleep, I still feel as if Im hungover. Went to the docs to get checked up and he said I'm "healthy" (no Blood pressure, diabeties, thyriod problems). . I even went to the extent of buying a mattress and new pillows to combat problems with sleep. Still nothing...

Mr.HappySilp 04-07-2011 11:49 AM

^^ I guess I should try to get away from the computer 30mins before bed.I also sleep in teh dark, no night light or anything like that. I haven't notice anything bad with my body yet.

What mattress and pillows do you use Supafly? I got a new set last year and it was the most comfy mattress I ever had lol.

Edit last night I went to bed at around 3:30am 4am and got up around 7 or so.

liu13 04-07-2011 11:58 AM

wow u are godly, for 1 year now? that cant be healthy

turn off your computer 2 hours before u go to bed, dont watch tv, play white noise and focus on your breathing in bed

Supafly 04-07-2011 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp (Post 7379627)
^^ I guess I should try to get away from the computer 30mins before bed.I also sleep in teh dark, no night light or anything like that. I haven't notice anything bad with my body yet.

What mattress and pillows do you use Supafly? I got a new set last year and it was the most comfy mattress I ever had lol.

iirc, i switched from goose down pillows to the conformed foam pillows (seahorse brand??) and same deal with the matress...I switched from a super softbed to a firm mattress with a pillow top from the seahorse brand aswell...

and I'm still somewhat f-d up every morning....maybe i'll see a nutrienist or a sleep doctor in the near future...I cannot see this as being healthy longterm.

TheNewGirl 04-07-2011 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp (Post 7379627)

Well the trick is to get the lights dim BEFORE sleep not while you sleep. I start turning off lights in the house getting it progressively darker towards bed time so say I need to be asleep by 12, at 10 I might start turning off some lights, at 10:30 some more, 11 everything's off but the TV and my lamp. At 11:30 the TV goes off and I read for a bit. It's like... simulating sunset. Which is the trigger to start manufacturing the chemicals that tell your body sleep time is now.

That said, you can be a short sleeper. I have for long stretches of time gotten 4 hours-ish a night of sleep and been pretty much fine and at my best I sleep 6. It IS though linked with other health conditions and so my doctor lectures me constantly about it.

You should also, as I said, still see your doctor. It's very important to rule out conditions which you may not even be aware you could have.

MrGoodbar 04-07-2011 12:28 PM

i jog about 5km almost every day after work. I skipped yesterday and already noticed difference in my sleeping habits from just one day of rest from running. By about 10 I'm already feeling sleepy on days that I jog. Skipping that one day delayed my sleepiness by almost an hour and I was groggy the next morning.

Maybe it's time to get some excercise to tire out your body.

buddy 04-07-2011 01:51 PM

you need to get laid ...

LiquidTurbo 04-07-2011 10:49 PM

Stop staying up so late on the computer. The monitor fucks up your sleeping cycles...

melloman 04-13-2011 02:30 PM

Damn I'm like Supafly. Doesn't matter if I get 7 hours (my normal), 5 hours, or 10 hours. I'm still tired and wanting to sleep more. I used to be like you HappySlip and eventually grew out of it. You should still see a doctor to get a grasp on everything, otherwise my advice to you would be to exercise, or do some sort of activity that wears your body out.

I got a girlfriend (my excuse for lack of sleep) and she wears me out physically and mentally =P

Supafly 04-14-2011 07:16 AM

Water guys drink shitloads of water....I was dehydrated which lead to my groggy behavior....a girl friend suggested that I double up on my dosage of water and cut back on simple carbs...works like a charm.:)

yellowpower 04-14-2011 08:21 PM

Yeah i have this problem too... but even on nights where I go hard at the gym with cardio i still cant sleep

RiceIntegraRS 04-14-2011 09:56 PM

To help me fall asleep, i setup a playlist on my iphone for me to listen to. Songs which are really soft and i know very well. I listen to it everynight and it has been working for me for the past 4 months. Im usually out by the 3rd or 4th song. Its kinda like leaving the TV on while u sleep

yellowpower 04-16-2011 10:58 PM

I found this, pretty informational, must read!

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=126977823