REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 04-12-2011, 10:46 AM   #26
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,307 Times in 1,775 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impulse_x View Post
This guy knows.

I'm asian, well, 75% anyway. And I've dated white girls, mixed girls, and asian girls.

Like Lolkai said, most white girls and asian guys just have different lifestyles, at least in Vancouver. It's just how we all grew up. Which would you expect to see at a rock concert? What about at an arcade?

It really comes down to who you are, and who she is. And everyone's different, regardless of your race.
Your hobbies, clothing style, food choices, brand of humour, music preferences, all come into play. I'm not saying you have to like all the same things, but just generally speaking.

How many asian guys do you know that wear Etnies and know all the words to Journey's Don't Stop Believin, or Aerosmith's Don't Wanna Miss a Thing?

So the way I see it, it's not what you are, but who you are.
Not so much the Etnies part but the rest, I do!

Not going to lie, had more than a few drunken occasions to memorize the songs. Not mention I can only really remember when I'm drunk.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 11:59 AM   #27
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Quote:
This guy knows.

I'm asian, well, 75% anyway. And I've dated white girls, mixed girls, and asian girls.

Like Lolkai said, most white girls and asian guys just have different lifestyles, at least in Vancouver. It's just how we all grew up. Which would you expect to see at a rock concert? What about at an arcade?

It really comes down to who you are, and who she is. And everyone's different, regardless of your race.
Your hobbies, clothing style, food choices, brand of humour, music preferences, all come into play. I'm not saying you have to like all the same things, but just generally speaking.

How many asian guys do you know that wear Etnies and know all the words to Journey's Don't Stop Believin, or Aerosmith's Don't Wanna Miss a Thing?

Is that journey?? I love this song.........and i love it when amateurs sing it!

elbee is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-12-2011, 12:27 PM   #28
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Quote:
This guy knows.

I've found this thread really interesting as an actual white girl. I have to agree that it's where and who you are. There's certain things that can't be changed, height, race, your family being bat shit crazy, these sorts of things have to be worked around but there's a lot you can do and for the most part I tell all my guy friends to get the hell out into the world doing things they enjoy doing and they'll meet girls who also do things they enjoy doing.

Also - the whole pick up artist bull shit REEKS of desperation. It's gotten cliche and is no longer impressive to the sober. It's like a big ass red flag 'hey I'm trying to convince you to like me against your better judgement' and it has the opposite effect. I'd rather have a slightly nervous guy walk over and say hey then someone working off a script that I promise, sounds cooler in your head then it does coming out of your mouth.

Develop your own style if you legitimately want to meet people, don't borrow someone elses.
Old 04-12-2011, 12:59 PM   #29
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 1,133 Times in 309 Posts
This has been in Ulic's sig for years and years and it's just as relevant today I guess.

Quote:
silvia i have a couple asian guy friends that do very well with the ladies. but guess what, they go to the gym, they dont have long hair, they dont wear orange pants, and they dont play counterstrike. its not the ethnicity that the girls dont like, its the style and personality.
Babykiller - And next to that, there's a little dot called a period. It's not the stuff you eat out of your sisters gash, it's a handy little tool for breaking up sentences so they don't look like nonsensical retard garbage.
Brianrietta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 02:07 PM   #30
PJ
My name is PJ and I like dogs.

Thanked 1,683 Times in 532 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRS View Post
Not so much the Etnies part but the rest, I do!

Not going to lie, had more than a few drunken occasions to memorize the songs. Not mention I can only really remember when I'm drunk.
Haha me too! Even though I'm 3/4 Asian (i just consider myself an asian boy), I grew up skateboarding, playing guitar and going to rock shows. I guess it makes sense that my first couple girlfriends were white.
Posted via RS Mobile
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 07:30 PM   #31
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

^bro those are total white traits haha!

I used to not know the lyrics to Journey-Don't stop believin' but after working at a hotel with karaoke every night, it just gets drilled into you since every fucken drunk person has to sing this.
Old 04-13-2011, 06:25 AM   #32
PJ
My name is PJ and I like dogs.

Thanked 1,683 Times in 532 Posts
^ Haha, I have no idea why. I guess I just fell into it. I was never really into video games and Pokemon cards.

Hello my name is PJ.

Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 06:40 AM   #33
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

lol....go to aubar....lots of drunk white girls will grope you after a few shots of red dragons and grenades.
"Just because any car nut can tell you every possible performance specification of a Ferrari doesn't mean he can drive. Most of these people live in places where they've never even seen a Ferrari, much less ever owned one themselves."
Supafly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 12:31 PM   #34
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

I have really close friends who are white and who are asian. it's been said before and I'll say it again, it's the differences in cultures that makes a gap.

Eg. My white girl friend's idea of hanging out is to go to an open mic night and have some beers. The entire time I was there it was 99% white people, I saw maybe 2 other asian people there that night.

My chinese girl friend's idea of hanging out is bbt maybe go karaoke or try a new restuarant. I usually see about 99% asian people at these places, occasionally a white person.

The key to bridging this "gap" is to just be open minded to trying different experiences and to have fun. I had a blast at my first open mic night, some of the people sucked but I made it fun by focusing on what i liked, not what i didn't like.

Last edited by Kamui712; 04-13-2011 at 12:37 PM.
Kamui712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 12:39 PM   #35
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,777 Times in 8,170 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewGirl View Post
I've found this thread really interesting as an actual white girl. I have to agree that it's where and who you are. There's certain things that can't be changed, height, race, your family being bat shit crazy, these sorts of things have to be worked around but there's a lot you can do and for the most part I tell all my guy friends to get the hell out into the world doing things they enjoy doing and they'll meet girls who also do things they enjoy doing.

Also - the whole pick up artist bull shit REEKS of desperation. It's gotten cliche and is no longer impressive to the sober. It's like a big ass red flag 'hey I'm trying to convince you to like me against your better judgement' and it has the opposite effect. I'd rather have a slightly nervous guy walk over and say hey then someone working off a script that I promise, sounds cooler in your head then it does coming out of your mouth.

Develop your own style if you legitimately want to meet people, don't borrow someone elses.
Ronald Lee disagrees. He'd have you begging for his dick in minutes.

SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 12:57 PM   #36
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

dude its sooo much easier getting white girls than asian girls.

most likely white girls don't know alot about asian culture show them a few things take them out grab ramen or something just play it cool keep her interested and BAM you got them on your nuts
g604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 12:59 PM   #37
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

straight up i bow to every white girl I meet haha it works not lying
g604 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-14-2011, 10:15 AM   #38
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

I have a bunch of asian buddies and I'm pretty sure they ALL have white girlfriends...
Trots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 09:27 PM   #39
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

^ thats cuz you from victoria
Old 04-15-2011, 10:10 AM   #40
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,207 Times in 432 Posts
what we talking about when we say 'asian'?

ive seen alot of brown and flips with white gf's but its extremely rare to see chinese/korean/japanese with white gf's

so for the people who are saying they're asian and been with a white gf, what kind of asian are u?

at the end of the day, i think being what kind of asian you are plays a big part in this
dachinesedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 10:42 AM   #41
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,151 Times in 2,395 Posts
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-15-2011, 11:01 AM   #42
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,123 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dachinesedude View Post

so for the people who are saying they're asian and been with a white gf, what kind of asian are u?

at the end of the day, i think being what kind of asian you are plays a big part in this
I'm a CBC and I've had lots of fun with white women.
Posted via RS Mobile
Tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 12:19 PM   #43
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:

ive seen alot of brown and flips with white gf's but its extremely rare to see chinese/korean/japanese with white gf's

CBC as well.
BlackV62K2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 05:10 AM   #44
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

The #1 reason is because you lack true confidence. Girls in general can easily sense your aura of desperation. If you can develop an appearance where people (men and women) can easily approach and talk to you, it will increase your chances in meeting any girl.

Most girls are attracted to guys with power and status too. With the right combination of having the right aura and knowing the right people, you just stand and wait - the girls will come to you naturally.
GeneralCho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 09:54 AM   #45
Banned By Establishment

yup i totally agree with what you just stated. im sure it happens if your a chinese, korean, jap guy that is like at least 5 10 and nice car it doesnt hurt and your english is good and all but still its very rare to see.
the guys that say the get it. well i like to see it or its just really all talk.

Quote:

smalone_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 11:28 AM   #46
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,785 Times in 3,891 Posts
this has to be the first time joe_45 has responded to his own thread
he's probably started half of the thread in this forum and never reply back.
i only click on thread titles from outside the forum when i know it's joe's
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 12:25 AM   #47
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,538 Times in 1,502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene View Post
This has been in Ulic's sig for years and years and it's just as relevant today I guess.
lol, it's relevant everyday, this topic has been brought up a lot for years.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 05:34 AM   #48
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonick View Post
Man I feel old now. That movie was a fucking classic. Lost here on RS though.
white_guilt is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-20-2011, 05:45 AM   #49
They let me be a moderator. LOL

Thanked 3,670 Times in 867 Posts
CBC
I've dated Cousins.

Ukranian ones

Ex and I stayed friends.
She brought out her cousin to the bar a few months later. Got that shit on the same night.

Btw,
I'm not tall: 5'7.
I'm not rich.
I barely work out.
SpuGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 05:45 AM   #50
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,777 Times in 8,170 Posts
LOL LONG DUCK DONG!!!
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: