REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Relationship & Gender Discussion (https://www.revscene.net/forums/relationship-gender-discussion_17/)
-   -   Meaningful/Creative gifts you have gotten a girl? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/642368-meaningful-creative-gifts-you-have-gotten-girl.html)

insomniac 04-08-2011 06:05 PM

Meaningful/Creative gifts you have gotten a girl?

im not looking for suggestions on what to get someone because i have already got one for her. i spent quite a bit of my time shopping for a gift for her and i dont do it normally to everyone.. im just wondering what creative gifts you guys have gotten your girl or what meaningful gifts you have gotten her

what i got the girl i like (if we were together i wouldnt of been such a cheapass and wouldve bought her someone more expensive :o) was:

i emptied a ipad box and put:
-a pen with her name printed on it
-a shirt
-2 sets of earrings because she loves earrings
-chocolate
-hershey's kisses to fill the empty spaces
and most importantly a corny card

wrapped all of it in wrapping paper and the ipad box.. but when you open the ipad box there was a sheet of paper with trollface printed on it saying that theres no ipad :troll:
i thought everything was going well till i found out that she already knew..
long story short: girl works at a clothing store, got sweet hookups and knows the bday girl more than i do so she helped me choose. i had to tell the girl that worked there or she wouldnt help me :(

so, post what creative things you have gotten someone haha
ps: was mine a okay gift?

ConCho 04-08-2011 06:26 PM

You know those jar with the stars ? I made 50 and wrote 50 different reasons why I love her and with 50th one was a big one saying , more to come .

It's not really expensive $10 for the jar and $5 for the stars , it's time consuming but it's really cute .

Araaadi 04-08-2011 06:54 PM

Umm we'll my gf got me a ps3 and 3 games an extra controller. So I had to step up my game. Her bday is in mid of april. I ordered her a purple digital camera. She wants it so bad but I told her its not released till mid may. So she won't see it comming. I am looking for a mickey mouse birthday card and I was going to write some cheese. I wanted to find a birthday card that plays Amazed - Lonestar because its like our song, but I have no luck so far. I'm getting her 7 purple roses and 6 other purple flowers cause she hates 12 and loves purple. I also got the only pic of us together and I'm going to frame it.
Posted via RS Mobile

tiger_handheld 04-08-2011 07:06 PM

- a cd

<3 envee 04-08-2011 08:42 PM

+1 to the stars. I remember one of my friends folded the number of stars equivalent to their birthday. So a birthday in November 15 = 1115 stars...yup takes a lot of time lol If you ask me what I would get, I would probably go to one of those asian hello kitty stores. I remember I got a hello kitty cup for someone during xmas. Whatever gifts you get, it's the thoughts that counts right?? regardless of the price

I'd say your gift is good; seems like you put a lot of effort into it and it's "different". It's creative and you thought about her likes too.

jtanner_ 04-08-2011 08:50 PM

Before I started dating my now ex, I took momentos from every place we had been and made a short scrapbook with lyrics and pictures almost like a trail of the things I'd learned about her and what we had in common and the places we had visited together over a span of maybe 3 months. On the cover I called it "Our Story...". I'm not the very artsy person but I went all out on this bitch (the album not the girl lol). On the last page all it said was "To be continued...?" and when she had gotten to that page I asked her out. She started crying and it was a pretty G moment.

We dated for a little over 2 years before things ended.

As for your gift I definitely think it's good. As long as there's some sentimental value there the $$ shouldn't really matter (to an extent of course) but you also mentioned you're not dating yet)

Hope everything goes well man.
Posted via RS Mobile

RCubed 04-08-2011 08:57 PM

a bracelet inside a kinder surprise.
Opened carefully, put bracelet in, rewrap.
The re-wrapping process is retardedly hard though.

Or jewelry taped on your passenger mirror. Pick her up, drive around and say, "Hey, you have something on your face."

etcetc

Girls like surprises. I cant remember the last time I just handed her a gift. Its always gotta be unexpected :)

jtanner_ 04-08-2011 09:02 PM

^ that jewelry line is siiick haha.

Mad props for resealing/wrapping a kinder surprise. That's just on another level
Posted via RS Mobile

insomniac 04-08-2011 09:08 PM

^agreed LOL
so you have to break the egg? or did you cut the egg? :O
damn rcubed brings it to another level lol

edit: another thing i did with my ex was slip candy/chocolate into her bag or pocket with a note every once in a while lol
once i even made a playlist on her ipod named "reasons why i love ____"
and i renamed all the songs to the reasons lol

RCubed 04-08-2011 09:10 PM

Nah, you can split the egg in 2 pieces easily. Its "pre-cut".
The whole chocolate part is easy.. Its the tin-foil wrap part thats hard.
I tried doing it as is, but it doesnt stick well. Heating the tinfoil works, but it warms up the chocolate too much..

If you do plan on doing it, buy like.. 9 of them at least. Lol.

<3 envee 04-08-2011 10:26 PM

wow talk about creativity. All these ideas are something I would surely keep in mind and i hope I can pull off these genius methods one day...I love the scrapbook idea and the "to be continued" scheme. And ^ wow, where were you when i needed ideas haha

CP.AR 04-08-2011 10:35 PM

My girlfriend's name starts with a "C"

I made a C out of a piece of wood (the whole thing was about 6" tall)
and then wrote out all the words that can describe her on it, sorted by alphabet, written in different colours... attached some fake flowers on the side, and put a small piece of string on the back so she can hang it on her wall :)

ConCho 04-08-2011 10:38 PM

Another thing I did was write her some poems and drew her a cartoon picture of us . Yes I was young but hey it was absolutely cute .

miss_crayon 04-09-2011 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtanner_ (Post 7381755)
Before I started dating my now ex, I took momentos from every place we had been and made a short scrapbook with lyrics and pictures almost like a trail of the things I'd learned about her and what we had in common and the places we had visited together over a span of maybe 3 months. On the cover I called it "Our Story...". I'm not the very artsy person but I went all out on this bitch (the album not the girl lol). On the last page all it said was "To be continued...?" and when she had gotten to that page I asked her out. She started crying and it was a pretty G moment.

As for your gift I definitely think it's good. As long as there's some sentimental value there the $$ shouldn't really matter (to an extent of course) but you also mentioned you're not dating yet)

Posted via RS Mobile

If you are who I think it is, that girl is my friend. And it was sweet with what you did.
Posted via RS Mobile

PK-EK 04-09-2011 09:50 AM

She told me that her friends all bought her stuffed animals and each one had a story hehind it. but she didn't bring them all over for school; and left them in HK.
She was really down and really missed her friends that week.
so I went and bought the biggest teddy bear I could find.
sneaked into her dorm room (some fucking guy holding a huge bear in an all girls dorm room; ppl will look at you)
put it at her front door with a note that said "lets be friends"
knocked on the door and ran.......
lame, i know.....

some other things I did, not really gifts but sweet and meaningful.
I would buy her coffee, she has never had just straight coffee before. so I got her what I drank; Double Double. she told me that if was a little too sweet; so the next time I got her a coffee, I got her a One and A Half sugar and didn't say anything. surprisingly she noticed.
she also told me that she had a sore throat and how she would use to drink honey water to make it better; I went out and bought these really convenient individual packets of honey for her; so she wouldn't have to keep a huge jar of it in her dorm room.

Wow.... this shit makes me so sad

its not about money or price; its about thought.

BTW. she wasn't my girlfriend....

Jsunu 04-09-2011 10:05 AM

Bah I am not as imaginative as you guys but probably the thing that took so much effort to make was a metal engraved poem on a custom frame

I used to work at an engraving place so I had the materials to make the thing, but it was a bitch to first write the entire poem out, design the format, and finally engrave the bitch.

The first time it messed up and punched a whole through the metal, the second time it had a spelling mistake :mad:. Finally the third pass I got it right.

But seeing her face after seeing it made it all worth it!

6793026 04-09-2011 10:24 AM

Rcubed.. dude.. MAD props to you on that kinders.. You are right, the tin foil part is gay ass and must hvae taken eons for you to do. I would have done it on a HUGE easter kinders surprise instead.

deep87 04-09-2011 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Picard (Post 7381886)

and then wrote out all the words that can describe her on it...

This could work for bad breakups aswell :troll:

Not really racist! 04-09-2011 01:33 PM

anybody know where i can buy a huge/relatively big hello kitty without having to pay 300% mark up prices / the cheapest? :S

as for meaningful gifts... a photo frame with your SOs name engraved on it with your picture and a message on the back always works wonders!

noTirl 04-09-2011 01:34 PM

pochacco inside a snoopy house w/snoopy card

her favourite character of all time...when she showed me i thought it was snoopy

also was very surprised to find out this was her first pochacco stuffy

http://img508.imageshack.us/i/snoopo.jpg/
:fullofwin:

buddy 04-09-2011 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Picard (Post 7381886)

and then wrote out all the words that can describe her on it, sorted by alphabet, written in different colours... attached some fake flowers on the side, and put a small piece of string on the back so she can hang it on her wall :)

I did exacylt the same thing, and my wife's name starts with a "C" too ..

I remember exactly those words that describe her wonderful, wonderful characteristic ...
Clever...... Unique..... Naive...... Terrific ...

FerrariEnzo 04-09-2011 01:40 PM

condoms!

Jgresch 04-09-2011 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtanner_ (Post 7381755)

Posted via RS Mobile

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_htS1j5u96Y...00/seth700.jpg
Dude, that IS pimp! Why didn't I think of that!

Some good ideas in this thread 0_o

liu13 04-09-2011 02:00 PM

jesus, u guys are insane

i got my girl 3 flowers, coffee beans, a collection of my favorite romantic movies, filled her ipod with the best love songs, and some Chekhov novels

bad5oh 04-09-2011 05:43 PM

I got my GF an apron. She took the hint ;)