REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Manufacturer Tech Forums > Euro Tech Resources

Euro Tech Resources All Euros (VW, BMW, Benz, Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini, etc) Tech info
THIS ADSPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT

Old 04-09-2011, 10:10 AM   #1
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

BMW front seats question

Hi i have a driver's and passenger BMW leather seat in my 92 civic and i cant remember which model they are from. any how is there a way to know if it is a heated seat or not?i see some wires sticking out from underneath but dont know if thats for the seat belt beeper thing or something else.let me know what you all think.thanks.

http://s1085.photobucket.com/albums/j424/lilzed_747/?action=view&current=DSC00943.jpg
http://s1085.photobucket.com/albums/j424/lilzed_747/?action=view&current=DSC00945.jpg
Advertisement

Last edited by lilzed747; 04-10-2011 at 02:58 PM.
lilzed747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 11:30 AM   #2
?NR
MonoPod 1 of 3

Thanked 1,024 Times in 444 Posts
can you provide a picture?
?NR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 03:01 PM   #3

added pics but you have to click on them to see them. sorry they dont show up for some reason.
Old 04-13-2011, 06:08 PM   #4
?NR
MonoPod 1 of 3

thanks for the picture reference.

they do resemble the basic mechanical seats from either E36 or E46 chassis, though I suspect it is the latter, maybe off a E46 320/323/325

that wire is quite possibly from the OC3 seat mat sensor. Dependent on the actual seat, it may or may not come with heated leather. If it is, it is incorporated with the seat bottom leather. Any possible way to find the tag underneath the seat leather? those numbers will help in identifying what those seats belonged to.

ps : the wire you found, was it passenger or driver side?
Old 04-13-2011, 10:42 PM   #5

thanks for the response! i wont be able to check the tag till the weekend. as well the wire was from the bottom of the passenger seat. ill get back to you with a tag number or something in the next couple of days.
Old 04-13-2011, 11:15 PM   #6
?NR
MonoPod 1 of 3

ok sure, that'll help me track it down. So the wire is from the passenger side? if it is most likely its a part of the seat occupancy sensor, which is predominantly on the passenger side for airbag deactivation *except certain 7 series*.

lemme know.
Old 04-16-2011, 11:16 AM   #7

ok yesterday while at work i got a chance to look under the seat for numbers. i found couple stickers with numbers but im pretty sure this one is the right one...

NR: 3681610
MA:NO:420

there was also this number etched on a metal bracket and also on a sticker: 822B420

i also noticed that the driver's side doesnt have any wires so im guessin that the heated seats are a bust? lol.
Old 04-19-2011, 07:11 PM   #8
?NR
MonoPod 1 of 3

If the driver side doesnt have wires sticking out like the passenger side as depicted in the picture, then what you see on the passenger side is part of the OC3 occupancy detection mat, which in this case won't be useful or working in your honda.

I'll look at those numbers, and if that production date is correct then those would typically belong on a E83 X3

if that is the case, as mentioned before the heating elements are intergrated with the vinyl or leather seat cover. While it is possibly there, you are lacking the control units and electrical for activation. I'll try to trace and ident those numbers you posted and will get back to you.