REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 04-18-2011, 05:25 AM   #1
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,989 Times in 538 Posts
Nissan Leaf - Nismo Edition xD

source: http://www.autoblog.com/2011/04/17/n...rify-new-york/

Nissan Leaf NISMO RC

Quote:
Nissan will unveil a racing variant of the Leaf electric car at the New York Auto Show, but the Nissan Leaf NISMO RC has little in common with its more pedestrian "sibling." NISMO started with a lithium ion battery pack and badging from a stock Leaf, then built a completely new vehicle around it.

There are no rear doors; the carpeting, navigation and stereo system are gone; and the battery pack has been relocated to the middle of the vehicle for better weight distribution. Speaking of weight, the NISMO RC is about 40 percent lighter than the production Leaf, as a carbon fiber monocoque platform and more compact dimensions cut total weight to just 2,068 pounds. The race-ready Leaf is also a foot shorter and 6.7 inches wider, and with a scant 2.4 inches of ground clearance.

While the Nissan Leaf NISMO Nismo RC is a different animal than its production namesake, it still carries a familial resemblance, at least up front. Nissan employed LED lighting all around, a driver-adjustable rear wing and plenty of NISMO/Zero Emission graphics to ensure that onlookers know this is no fossil-fuel burner.

Nissan says the NISMO RC will be used for demonstration purposes, so don't expect this Leaf to compete any time soon. The automaker does say, however, that it's considering a zero-emission spec series for the future. With an estimated run time of 20 minutes under racing conditions, the 30 minute quick-charge time (to achieve 80 percent capacity) would make for some leisurely pit stops. When the Leaf NISMO RC is in motion, its 80kW AC motor generates 107 horsepower and 207 pound-feet of torque; good enough for a 0-60 time of 6.85 seconds and a 93-mph top speed. No land-speed records there, folks, but we're betting this particular Leaf would be a blast to drive anyway. Hit the jump to read over Nissan's press release.

interesting for sure... but damn only 20 min is the deal breaker LOL... unless 30 second full battery swaps or smth xD
Advertisement

AE101 Rolla 96' //Sold
RPS13 240SX 90' //STOLEN
RMS13 240SX 91' //Scrapped
RHS13 240SX 90' //Scrapped
S35 Rogue 12' //Gifted to Parents
GD 6MT Elantra 13' //Sold
CZ4A 5MT GSR Evo 08' // Totalled
Ioniq DCT 19' //Traded in
NA MX-5 5MT 97' // Sold
Prius Prime 21' //Traded in
Tesla Model 3 RWD DD
GSX-R 600 K5' Mental Therapy
Prius Prime 24' New Kids Carrier
dark0821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 07:22 AM   #2
PM me for my nudes

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,001 Posts
It's like a full sized RC car xD
Posted via RS Mobile
smoothie. is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-18-2011, 07:30 AM   #3
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

what a colossal waste of money ... unless of course nissan wants to invest in their own racing series.
Revillusion GT is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-18-2011, 07:44 AM   #4
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,372 Times in 3,904 Posts
they're gonna bring it to LeMans and WRC
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 03:22 PM   #5
Rs has made me the man i am today!

I still stand by the fact that what we're actually seeing is a new beginning of the automotive industry. Tesla can already make a 3.6 sec 0-60 roadster that goes 280miles per charge (so they claim) and that's quicker than many current cars. The only thing that sucks is the extra weight of the batteries and the charge times. Don't forget about hydrogen fuel cells... That technology is no different from EV's and the only difference is that the hydrogen reactions are used to charge up the batteries while the ones coming out next year are plug ins. Instantaneous torque and no gear shifting will eventually replace the best current engines and flappy paddle gear boxes. It'll be sad that future cars won't have any exhaust notes though
Old 04-18-2011, 03:57 PM   #6
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 4,578 Times in 934 Posts
it would be nice if at some point gas stations carry fully charged swappable batterries. Like they do with propane tanks.
vitaminG is offline   Reply With Quote