REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > #RevsceneVLS General Chat

#RevsceneVLS General Chat SOCIAL LIFESTYLES ADSPACE AVAILABLE. CONTACT INFO@BLITZGEAR.COM
2016 VLS Community Head Moderator: SaucyWoman
2016 Social Media Liason: Blitzgear

@Revscene #RevsceneVLS. Vancouver LifeStyles Discussions: Car-free, political and current events, random thoughts, or topics that don't fit in the other forums. Remember to check out feature articles on the Main Website

Old 02-18-2016, 04:58 PM   #1801
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 2,490 Times in 553 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYWALKER View Post
I am from East Vancouver

One on Kerr Northbound by 54th Ave.
Another on 33rd in between Nanaimo and Clarendon.
Pot Hole on Marine Drive between Burnaby and Vancouver right by the Bridge facing West Bound (Ooooh that one is fucking deep, I hit it once, I swear I thought my tie rod or bearing was going to break T_T)

JUST POTHOLES AND BUMPS.. EVERYWHERE FUCK

MY ALIGNMENT IS NOW FUCKED T_T
All those potholes are in the area I live in
Advertisement
8th May 2021 - 30th Sept 2023

'99 SAAB 9-3 (3DR) (5MT) (sold)
'02 SAAB 9-5 Aero (5MT)
27th Sept 2015 - 17th Sept 2017

'03 Corolla (4AT)
2009-2020

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Klondike is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-26-2016, 11:22 PM   #1802
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
When your significant other decides to go gluten-free, buys all gluten-free items when she goes grocery shopping, and then she eats the remaining gluten-filled goodies herself

Last edited by Jmac; 02-26-2016 at 11:45 PM.
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 11:55 PM   #1803
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,905 Times in 3,868 Posts
Why the fuck would you go gluten free if you're not allergic to gluten? Does your SO realize how stupid that is?
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 12:08 AM   #1804

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
Why the fuck would you go gluten free if you're not allergic to gluten? Does your SO realize how stupid that is?
Believe me, I've had the conversation with her. She seems to think it'll help her lose weight and feel better ... Which is ridiculous since many gluten-free items are overloaded with sugar.

Her mom is legit celiac and I was misdiagnosed as celiac 17 years ago. There's no fucking way I'd ever voluntarily go gluten-free again. I haven't been able to eat potatoes since (the gluten-free selection then was basically just potato-based and rice-based items; my parents went primarily potato for me).
Old 02-27-2016, 12:14 AM   #1805

She'll also gain weight because IIRC the stuff they have to use to replace the gluten is quite fattening and rather unhealthy for you. Hard to believe she'd fall for that nonsense if her mom is actually celiac. I'm guessing this is a fairly serious relationship?
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Quote:
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Old 02-27-2016, 12:18 AM   #1806

13 years

Eating a balanced diet and exercising more is too simple. She needs to make these things complicated.

I fully expect this stuff to sit in my cupboards until it gets thrown out, much like the past fad diets she's tried.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-09-2016, 09:05 AM   #1807
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Thanked 1,225 Times in 223 Posts
What grind your gears you say? It kinda still bothers me this morning. Last night, I got yelled at by a cyclist for letting someone cross the street. I reviewed my dash cam footage and the cyclist and I have never encounter before (you can see the pedestrian react when the guy yelled at me). All decked out in his fucking lime green vest, tighty twat pants and fucking dick shitting attitude. He caught me off guard when he yelled into my window, only thing I could do was calmly tell him the guy was crossing. I guess that got him more pissed and got the best out of it when he half way ate shit because his feet were clicked into his pedals. The amount of fucks given last night were none because I looked at him and laughed.

Sorry for such a long post, had to get it off my mind. Hope you all have a great day.
toehook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 07:34 AM   #1808
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
when you're typing in one window and another window opens up and hijacks whatever you're typing

its 20fucking16, if i wanted to switch over to another window to type my fucking password, i will do so at my fucking discretion, not because some fuckface program decided to fucking highjack it
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-25-2016, 02:14 PM   #1809
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,045 Times in 419 Posts
Flawed design of a product.

Anyone have a Dyson v6? The filter is designed by a retard. There is a half inch nipple for you to grip, turn counter clockwise and pull out. It's literally impossible to remove without using a tool.

Now I have a sore finger and thumb. A vacuum I once thought was perfect is destroyed by one flawed design.
mr_chin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 01:08 PM   #1810
I am Hook'd on RS

What grinds my wheels...useless co-workers who get paid and get the same benefits you do but absolutely do nothing at work. The worst thing is that they get away with their lazy attitude.
plat27265 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-27-2016, 08:18 AM   #1811

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6o4__boi View Post
when you're typing in one window and another window opens up and hijacks whatever you're typing

its 20fucking16, if i wanted to switch over to another window to type my fucking password, i will do so at my fucking discretion, not because some fuckface program decided to fucking highjack it
Steam of all things just did this to me, to tell me it had an update. I would have though the people making the program designed solely for organizing and running games would be intelligent enough to NOT make it do that (since I was playing a non-Steam game and it minimized it on me).
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 03-27-2016, 12:36 PM   #1812
My name is Michael. J. Caboose, and I hate BABIES!

Thanked 1,421 Times in 678 Posts
Weird, mine never does that

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATUS105 View Post
IF I FIND YOU
I WILL EAT YOUR RICE!
Inaii is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-28-2016, 09:37 AM   #1813
I am Hook'd on RS

Here's more gear grinders:
1. Buffoon car owners that outfit HID's in their halogen headlights. They do not care if they distract other drivers due to the glare it creates just as long as their ride looks cool.

2. Tailgaters. IMHO, one of the major causes of pile-ups in highways. Keep in mind the 2-second rule and keep off my butt! If you are in a hurry, go into the fast lane.

3. Door dings. Parked in a section of a parking lot far away from the multitude. An Asian chick with her LR Evoque parks right beside my car (of all parking spots) and swings her door wide open with no care in the world. BANG! My car gets a door ding. I call her attention and she just gives me a shy giggle like they do with their mouth covered. Walks away with no care in the world. Not an apology. I should have kicked her Evoque's door in while she was away.

4. Cigarette Butts. Drivers who flick their cigarette butts out of their cars expecting someone to pick up after them. Dumb asses know how to walk into a store to buy cigarettes but are too lazy to dispose of the butts properly. They ought to be shot.

I'll get off my soap box for now. Just have to vent some steam.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-30-2016, 02:04 PM   #1814
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
professionals and businesses that don't return voicemail messages within 72 business hours.

U think i don't forget? U think i call you because i want to talk about how your day is going?
no, i've got shit to do and your dumb ass isn't helping. What the hell is the point of your fucking voicemail when you don't bother returning calls on it. I'd understand if you were screening cold calls but I clearly state the purpose, who i'm from and the quick gist of why we need to speak. Hint fucking hint, it's pertinent to the business you are running. If I can return all my calls and messages within 48 business hours, you should be able to within 72. I know you're not a wall-street company dealing with high call volume on a consistent basis.

If you can't be bothered to return messages when people clearly took the time to leave them, you shouldn't be in fucking business.
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-03-2016, 10:15 PM   #1815
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,341 Times in 557 Posts
people who stand and loiter around crosswalks but aren't actually looking to cross
PiuYi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-03-2016, 10:26 PM   #1816
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,420 Times in 917 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by plat27265 View Post
3. Door dings. Parked in a section of a parking lot far away from the multitude. An Asian chick with her LR Evoque parks right beside my car (of all parking spots) and swings her door wide open with no care in the world. BANG! My car gets a door ding. I call her attention and she just gives me a shy giggle like they do with their mouth covered. Walks away with no care in the world. Not an apology. I should have kicked her Evoque's door in while she was away.
Can't you file a claim for it.

2022 Velo N
2005 S2000
2007 CSX Type-S [Sold]
2002 RSX-S [T-Boned]
Gerbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 11:21 PM   #1817
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,762 Times in 904 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_chin View Post
Flawed design of a product.

Anyone have a Dyson v6? The filter is designed by a retard. There is a half inch nipple for you to grip, turn counter clockwise and pull out. It's literally impossible to remove without using a tool.

Now I have a sore finger and thumb. A vacuum I once thought was perfect is destroyed by one flawed design.
yup have the v6 but I'm pretty sure you don't turn it when you put in or remove the filter you simply drop it in and leave it which is why a lot of people complain online that it just falls out sometimes.

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 09:22 AM   #1818
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbs View Post
Can't you file a claim for it.
Yes, but I forgot to do it since the door ding was barely noticeable. I was so pissed off at that time and I was in a hurry for my next appointment. Also, said Asian chick does not seem to speak any english. She ought to be shot!

My car still has that door ding. It does have another door ding that is quite deep, the size of a quarter. That one it picked up at another parking lot. I do not know who did it.

Last edited by plat27265; 04-04-2016 at 09:28 AM.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-05-2016, 02:29 PM   #1819
I am Hook'd on RS

OK, I was responding to a thread in another forum when I remembered my ex-boss. He really grinds my gears as well as my co-workers' gears. This one will trump all others, I promise

What grinds my gears are people who are cocky and get ahead in life without an ounce of sweat. Some of us spent a lot of sweat and tears just to get where we are today in life. No, my ex-boss has a nice M.O. He was known to chase the Owners' daughter everywhere he worked. Well, when I joined my previous employer, he chased the company owner's daughter and bagged her. After a year, he owns part of the company.

Another 'what grinds my gears' moment is when both him and his father-in-law (owner of the company) starts 'keeping up with each other.' By this I mean: if one has a new toy, the other buys the same toy. The drive similar upscale cars. If one shows up with the latest iPhone, the other rushes out and buys the same. One gets a tablet, the other gets the same tablet. During the company picnic at the boss' home, we noticed that they wear the same slippers and smoke the same cigars. They both own the same breed of dog. Heck, I won't be surprised if they wore the same underwear!

The last thing that grinds my gears is when my ex-boss walks into the office in the morning. He whistles but he can't whistle properly. You know how a half-arsed whistle sounds like. Looking smug and cocky. That drove me nuts! That's it! I resigned after seven long and gear grinding years. I have had enough.
Old 04-12-2016, 09:31 AM   #1820
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

What grinds my gears.. The lack of communication.

Today, the construction sign bearers decided to get pissed off at me for their own mistake. There was only one lane and I saw that there were still traffic coming. The sign bearer in front of me flipped his sign from "stop" to "slow" and told me to go. I didn't move and he kept waving and yelling to go. Then when I saw it was safe, I inched forward and he flipped the sign to "stop" and kept smacking his sign and yelling "stop".

omnomnomnivore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-12-2016, 10:52 AM   #1821
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,235 Times in 1,221 Posts
Those sign bearers are retarded, I've seen plenty of times where they aren't even paying attention, or holding the sign showing stop while waving their hand for you to go.
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-12-2016, 11:53 AM   #1822

The internal e-market at work. No one ever lists a price and usually they provide the vaguest description you can imagine with no pictures ... Then they proceed to repost it every day because, shockingly, it doesn't sell. And, naturally, the moderators don't do anything regarding the spam even when reported.

Example:
Selling dad's old Lincoln. New tires.

No price, no model, no year, no pictures ...

Posted today:
1985 Celica Hatchback needs new home. 273000 km, motor good but requires other repairs for road worthy.

This is one of the better ones, sadly, but still lacks pictures and other important information like a price.

Then, if you actually make the mistake of e-mailing them for more information, they respond with "see the ad on Craiglist/Kijiji/UsedVictoria"... With no link provided
This post thanked by:
Old 04-12-2016, 01:25 PM   #1823
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,753 Times in 3,868 Posts
What grinds my gears? When someone singing the national anthem fades in and out from English to French. Fuck off with that shit.

Imagine the star spangled banner being in half Spanish. Hell would break loose
Old 04-15-2016, 01:47 AM   #1824
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

When your friend msgs you to make plans to come hang out and bails out last minute... Or doesn't even say anything the day of
Two days in a row now... Lol why even bother asking me then?

Whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiuYi View Post
people who stand and loiter around crosswalks but aren't actually looking to cross
esp when people stand on the edge of the curb at an intersection... wth.

Last edited by guurl; 04-15-2016 at 01:54 AM.
guurl is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-15-2016, 11:39 AM   #1825
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by guurl View Post
When your friend msgs you to make plans to come hang out and bails out last minute... Or doesn't even say anything the day of
Two days in a row now... Lol why even bother asking me then?

Whatever

esp when people stand on the edge of the curb at an intersection... wth.
Agreed
swiftshift is offline   Reply With Quote