REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > #RevsceneVLS General Chat

#RevsceneVLS General Chat SOCIAL LIFESTYLES ADSPACE AVAILABLE. CONTACT INFO@BLITZGEAR.COM
2016 VLS Community Head Moderator: SaucyWoman
2016 Social Media Liason: Blitzgear

@Revscene #RevsceneVLS. Vancouver LifeStyles Discussions: Car-free, political and current events, random thoughts, or topics that don't fit in the other forums. Remember to check out feature articles on the Main Website

Old 02-05-2015, 10:50 AM   #1601
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 5,221 Times in 1,387 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
That is absolutely disgusting. Forward that article to metro news or the 24. I'm sure they will print and shame that person
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
What a fucking idiot. The amount of ignorance and stupidity in such a short article makes my head hurt. If he's going to bring up other parts of the world, in some places his precious child would be sold into slavery without a seconds hesistation, I mean humans are "just animals" too, right? She killed 6 dogs, dumped them in a ditch and claimed they were stolen, fuck her and fuck this sack of shit reporter.

Damnit all 8:30AM and I'm already pissed right off for the day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6o4__boi View Post
wow...this needs to be put on blast

what a fucking moron.

that's his twitter...definitely comes off as an arrogant prick

edit: fuck i wish i didn't read that...100/10 gears defintely grinded.
Already tweeted the article out to Metro, Van24, and the following, including Lynda Steele.

Advertisement
[13-03, 11:25] MG1 when you hit the brakes, it shoots cum at pedestrian - bukkake

[12-03, 19:06] meme405 That e30 is so mexiflushed I thought we were in albuquerque

[12-03, 23:03] rb when i see a modded element. I have nothing but respect. either the parents kicked him out or the guy is killing hookers in the back
Akinari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 11:09 AM   #1602
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,151 Times in 2,395 Posts
lol "aware you"
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-05-2015, 11:22 AM   #1603
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,576 Times in 4,294 Posts
Quote:
wow...this needs to be put on blast

what a fucking moron.

that's his twitter...definitely comes off as an arrogant prick

edit: fuck i wish i didn't read that...100/10 gears defintely grinded.
Just sent him a couple tweets that he retweeted lol

murd0c is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-05-2015, 11:55 AM   #1604
RS controls my life!

Thanked 1,245 Times in 274 Posts
I need to vent to avoid taking out some valve stems.
So the kids that live in the basement suite at our place have a minimum of 6 vehicles constantly that block our driveway and take up a quarter of our yard. We've asked them a number of times not to block the entrance or park in front of our garage. They have their own separate parking spots. I really don't think that's too much to ask. Yesterday Kyle went home at 2pm and the mexicans shitty jetta was parked in front of our garage and in kyles spot. I came home from work at 6pm and it was still parked there so kyle sent him a message asking him to move it. At 9pm it was still in the same spot. Unmoved. In front of the garage. Kyle had to move his car onto the grass in our front yard so I could get my car out in the morning and go to my interview.
He sent him another text stating I needed to get my car out and to please move his out of the way and the kid replied "Nah man, I'll do it tomorrow." I left this morning at 7am and his piece of shit stupid car was still in the way. His door was unlocked so I placed a good morning note on his seat.. he's lucky I didn't put it in neutral and roll it onto the highway.

We've put up with A LOT from these kids and we've been nothing but nice to them, even fixed their cars for free cause the moron put water in his clutch master.
Originally Posted by SkunkWorks View Post
I believe cars are meant to be driven. I see zero point in having a beautiful car and never driving it. Might as well have Miranda Kerr in your bed and sleeping on the ground cause you don't want to fudge her mascara...

We go through our entire lives being told what to do every step of the way. The garage was always the one place where you could indulge in your own passion, with not a care for the outside world.

Last edited by Godzira; 02-06-2015 at 08:40 AM.
Godzira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 12:29 PM   #1605
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,031 Times in 2,071 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
You want to know what grinds my gears? My stupid fucken co-worker who cuts his nails with nail clippers once a week at his fucken desk.... Are you fucken kidding me? it's fucken gross and wrong and not something to do in an office enviroment.. I just want to snap on the fuck face but he is a nice guy but still go home and do that in your fucken bathroom douche canoe!!!
I had an employee do the same thing... 730AM, office super quiet and all I can hear is click.... click...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 02:25 PM   #1606
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,576 Times in 4,294 Posts
Well it looks like I made Global news now due to my comments..

Reporter shares hate mail following opinion piece on sympathy for dog killer - BC | Globalnews.ca
murd0c is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-05-2015, 04:11 PM   #1607
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 5,221 Times in 1,387 Posts
Aaand the newspaper published another article to cover up their ass

Counter-point: Dogs are more than property - News - Surrey Now
[13-03, 11:25] MG1 when you hit the brakes, it shoots cum at pedestrian - bukkake

[12-03, 19:06] meme405 That e30 is so mexiflushed I thought we were in albuquerque

[12-03, 23:03] rb when i see a modded element. I have nothing but respect. either the parents kicked him out or the guy is killing hookers in the back
Akinari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 05:26 PM   #1608
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

REVSCENE FOR THE MOTHERFUCKING WIN!!!
adambomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 05:43 PM   #1609
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,820 Times in 501 Posts
Wow.

That's all I can really say. Just wow.

Wow that a person could be so specist and callous towards a touching and sensitive situation. That "opinion piece" regarding dogs made my blood boil. Not because I own a dog - but I do love them - but because it's so callous and insensitive. I could care less if it's directed at a blue whale or a pet goldfish, but for some ignorant prick to essentially devalue and degrade someone's personal relationship with their pet makes me sick. For many people, a dog, or any pet, is a valued member of the family. It certainly doesn't help that the guy looks and sounds like an utter and complete douche who implicitly believes that money can buy everything. I mean, who even says this?!

Quote:
A few thousand dollars could buy a pure-bred replacement from a top-notch breeder.
How would he feel if his child was murdered and someone else told him that his child "didn't make a difference in this world one way or another". Or that the "replacement" cost for his child is essentially nothing, so he shouldn't be upset. The fact that this pompous ass even put a monetary value on a relationship really shows me the extent of this "reporter's" sociopathic and ignorant mind.

Not to mention that dogs are companions for tons of people, such as seniors, empty nesters, the blind, mentally disabled, people who can't/won't conceive, etc.... just wow. What a short-sighted, selfish, callous piece of shit.

Articles like this only serve to reinforce my belief that the average house pet is more loyal and selfless than the average person. Smh.

Last edited by Tone Loc; 02-05-2015 at 06:10 PM.
Tone Loc is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-05-2015, 10:41 PM   #1610
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,561 Times in 455 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzira View Post
I need to vent to avoid taking out some valve stems.
So the kids that live in the basement suite at our place have a min. of 6 vehicles constantly that block our driveway and take up a quarter of our yard. We've asked them a number of times not to block the entrance or park in front of our garage. They have their own separate parking spots. I really don't think that's too much to ask. Yesterday my boyfriend went home at 2pm and his shitty jetta was parked in front of our garage and in my bfs spot. I came home from work at 6pm and it was still parked there so kyle sent him a message asking him to move it. At 9pm it was still in the same spot. Unmoved. In front of the garage. Kyle had to move his car onto the grass in our front yard so I could get my car out in the morning. He sent him another text stating I needed to access my car and to please move his out of the way and the kid replied "Nah man, I'll do it tomorrow." I left this morning at 7am and his piece of shit stupid car was still in the way. His door was unlocked so I placed a good morning note on his seat.. he's lucky I didn't put it in neutral and roll it onto the highway. ugh....thanks for letting me get it out.
Jesus, this has me all worked up. Nah man, I'll do it tomorrow? Time to have a face to face with your renter. Lay down some ground rules. Friends park on the street, and he parks where he's supposed to. End of story. If he and his friends continue this shit, tow them. Then add the tow cost to their rent.

Then there's that stupid fuck reporter, his article just angered up the blood something fierce.

God I hate people sometimes.
Lowered_Klass is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-06-2015, 08:13 AM   #1611
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowered_Klass View Post
Jesus, this has me all worked up. Nah man, I'll do it tomorrow? Time to have a face to face with your renter. Lay down some ground rules. Friends park on the street, and he parks where he's supposed to. End of story. If he and his friends continue this shit, tow them. Then add the tow cost to their rent.

God I hate people sometimes.
Yeah I was honestly really pissed about how rude they were being. We've put up with A LOT from these kids and we've been nothing but nice to them.

We spoke with the landlord yesterday and he told us he's "sick of these little peckerheads" I guess he's also been having problems with them, cheques bouncing chasing them for money, they're disrespectful, there's garbage and condoms ALL over our yard, they party until 2am on weeknights and I wake up at 6am Mon-Fri. We've never been rude to them about it before but THIS was the last straw. No one comes between me and car. EVER.

Our landlord lives 5 houses down from us so he sees they constantly block the driveway and even worse the entrance into our house off the highway and last night he came to talk to them and he almost hit their car that they purposely parked sideways to block the entrance.
(They also crumpled up my note and threw it on the ground.)

We live right off the pat bay highway and there isn't a side road so or even a side lane so you basically have to go from 100km to 0 real quick to turn into our house. If I hadn't been warned that they were parking there I would have FOR SURE hit his car and then I'd be responsible for some missing mexicans.

but aside from it all it looks like karma has caught up to them. Our landlord said its their last strike and instead of talking to them about it all last night (since clearly they don't listen)
He reviewed their lease agreement to find a way to evict them... if bouncing cheques isn't enough to kick them out then I don't know what else he would need.

It'll be really nice to have our parking spots again, no garbage in our yard and it'll be REALLY nice to get to bed before 2am on weeknights without hearing them screaming at eachother or partying.
I believe cars are meant to be driven. I see zero point in having a beautiful car and never driving it. Might as well have Miranda Kerr in your bed and sleeping on the ground cause you don't want to fudge her mascara...

We go through our entire lives being told what to do every step of the way. The garage was always the one place where you could indulge in your own passion, with not a care for the outside world.

Last edited by Godzira; 02-06-2015 at 08:40 AM.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-06-2015, 08:28 AM   #1612
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,899 Times in 1,380 Posts
What grinds my gears? How about ignorant "professionals" that completely fuck up and then lie about. Then when they get caught their all "poor me, trauma, blah, blah".

I can't even wrap my head around this Paulsen/McNair incident. My blood is boiling.
white rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-06-2015, 08:55 AM   #1613
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,872 Times in 3,849 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyColdMedina View Post
It certainly doesn't help that the guy looks and sounds like an utter and complete douche who implicitly believes that money can buy everything. I mean, who even says this?!

" A few thousand dollars could buy a pure-bred replacement from a top-notch breeder."
Very good post, and the fact that he even suggests buying a pure-bred "replacement" (anyone who has ever had any sort of relationship with anything knows there is no such thing) from a breeder shows such a mountainous level of stupidity I don't even know where to begin. IMO it should be pretty common knowledge not to buy an animal from a breeder and certainly not a purebred anything.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 11:59 AM   #1614
RS controls my life!

This has to do with my little rant but is it legal in BC to raise rent with fair warning??

Old 02-06-2015, 02:09 PM   #1615
ZN6
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,731 Times in 649 Posts
Quote:
This has to do with my little rant but is it legal in BC to raise rent with fair warning??
http://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/DownloadAs...4D392FE617B6B2

You must be served this notice AND a landlord must give a tenant at least 3 whole month's notice, in writing, of a rent increase.

In other news, fuck drivers downtown. A driver almost ran over my co-worker, myself and 2 other pedestrians. Can't recall his license plate but it was an Audi A5 with some grey shit color.
ZN6 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-06-2015, 02:11 PM   #1616
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZN6 View Post
http://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/DownloadAs...4D392FE617B6B2

You must be served this notice AND a landlord must give a tenant at least 3 whole month's notice, in writing, of a rent increase.

In other news, fuck drivers downtown. A driver almost ran over my co-worker, myself and 2 other pedestrians. Can't recall his license plate but it was an Audi A5 with some grey shit color.
Really good to know thanks!!! I'm sure if he gave them 3 months notice and doubled their rent they'd find a new place real quick anyways.

sorry for going off topic.

Old 02-06-2015, 02:31 PM   #1617
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
the fact that there is no past tense for the word "read"

why

6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 02:38 PM   #1618
RS controls my life!

Quote:
the fact that there is no past tense for the word "read"

why

One very irregular verb is "to read", which is the same when written down in the past tense, but pronounced differently. In the present tense, "read" is pronounced like the word "reed" or "seed", but in the past tense it is pronounced the same as "red".

Old 02-06-2015, 02:51 PM   #1619

lol yeah i know that...it just bothers me when i write sentences that have both read and read.

or sentences with had had, that that etc.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-07-2015, 07:20 PM   #1620
My name is Michael. J. Caboose, and I hate BABIES!

Thanked 1,421 Times in 678 Posts
Quote:
Really good to know thanks!!! I'm sure if he gave them 3 months notice and doubled their rent they'd find a new place real quick anyways.

sorry for going off topic.
That's not legal. He can only raise their rent by a certain percentage. I think it's something like 2.5% per year.

Rent Increases - During a Tenancy

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATUS105 View Post
IF I FIND YOU
I WILL EAT YOUR RICE!
Inaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 06:52 PM   #1621
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,872 Times in 3,849 Posts
Dirty fucking thieves and hit and runners. If anyone hears of an LED bar being sold in Kamloops let me know, I'll try to get more specifics on it.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 07:39 AM   #1622

fucking dog owners who don't pick up their dog's shit
fuck you, your family and your fucking face
i hope you fucking get ebola, cancer and aids all at the same time you fucking piece of shits.
Old 02-10-2015, 09:02 AM   #1623
RS controls my life!

So more info on our disrespectful little shit renters in the basement suite
they told us their mom owns a restaurant a while ago and just out of curiousity we googled the business name

this is the first thing that comes up when you google los taquitos

Quote:
new address is now CONFIRMED, yes they have moved again.
This is move #7 in 2 years and another local landlord will have
to deal with potential non payment and property damage

The NEW address is:
5705 Pat Bay Highway - Basement apartment
This is "almost" as nice as the 1.5 million dollar house they scammed last.

If you are a retailer considering carrying their product,
ask the following questions and get ORIGINAL copies not home made photoshop versions:

1: Copy of a business license
2: Proof of business insurance
3: Lab reports for their products
4: Proof of Foodsafe from BOTH of them

Should you see them driving the silver Volvo with Mexican License plates, call the police as this vehicle is illegal in Canada and has been driven for several years with these plates. Please also tell the police that they will lie about the address on their drivers licenses. They do not update these so bill collectors cannot find them.

If you see them carrying food from their house call VIHA as they have been given notice many times that they are NOT allowed to prepare or store any goods offsite of Melinda's kitchen. The contact number at VIHA is 250.519.3401

It is time to rid Victoria of people that work illegally, do not pay taxes and cheat landlords, staff and anyone else that come in contact with them.

- we have now also been informed that they are in collection with SYSCO, COLE FREIGHT and WASTE MANAGEMENT SERVICE
Apparently they buy tortillas and repackage them then sell them for double.... this would explain ALOT. All the cardboard boxes all over our yard, all the packaging everywhere and if they are running their scammy business out of the basement it would explain why our power bill is $700 every 2 months.

http://www.lostaquitos.net/

I'm getting really sick of dealing with these lowlifes. and even worse I'm afraid my car is going to be vandalized from someone else they might have pissed off

Last edited by Godzira; 02-10-2015 at 09:05 AM. Reason: link
This post thanked by:
Old 02-10-2015, 09:15 AM   #1624

^ goddam that's a huge pain in the ass
they sound like total scumbags
Old 02-11-2015, 06:11 PM   #1625
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

People who stick half a dozen aftermarket parts on their car or bike and call it "custom". Sorry but nothing is custom made on your vehicle, and it's not a custom car or bike. Also frustrates me when people post their "build" threads when once again they're not building anything, they're just sticking on parts which were designed for their vehicle.

tl;dr it's not a "custom build" it's a car or bike with a few aftermarket parts.
denham is offline   Reply With Quote