REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Fashion & Shopping

Fashion & Shopping Blackmarkers. A Filtered Selection of Clothing, Footwear and Accessories.
Gotta stay fresh! Latest fashion trends, new clothing lines, mega sales events, and awesome deals..

Old 04-22-2011, 11:29 AM   #1
My homepage has been set to RS

Fire/Water Proof Safe

Anyone have a Fire/water proof safe at home to keep all your documents (passport, identification,etc) or just valuable stuff in general?

Just in case there is a earthquake or fire.. You still got your valuable stuff protected...

I was looking at this one (below) from Canadian tire
http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/brows....jsp?locale=en

Anyone know where to buy something like this? (I know superstore sells 1 or 2 different ones..)

Edit: Not sure if this would fit better in House and Home Renovations but if any mods feel like moving it :P
Advertisement
MelonBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 12:41 PM   #2
I bringith the lowerballerith

staples should sell it but you have to find out which ones they have at their store

http://www.staples.ca/ENG/Catalog/ca...txtSearch=safe

I use a safety deposit box for documents, etc
VrrM604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 01:20 AM   #3
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,346 Times in 973 Posts
Depends how big you want it.

I've seen some people Esp. in the states with HUGE ass professionally made gun safes etc.

There are soem builders with concrete floors and a safe thats made to find in an enclosure to fit their safe. Really depends what you want to do / or how safe you want it to be.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 09:02 AM   #4
PJ
My name is PJ and I like dogs.

Thanked 1,683 Times in 532 Posts
Staples. Sentry is what I have

Hello my name is PJ.

Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 07:53 PM   #5
Banned (ABWS)

i have a general steel box one, that isn't water or fire proof.

but i only kept jewelry and money in there, and now i use it to store my jewellery and guns haha..
in the new home i will be installing a large fireproof one in my basement bolted to the concrete floor.
You can find some good deals @ fry's in USA they are extremely cheap a 2 hr fire rating one that had about 2 cu.ft of interior space sells for like 120$ on sale while regular was like 400$ it had one master key, and one key that you had to use with keypad.
My mom bought one of those for our store and somebody recently broke in and broke the keypad so now just the master key works and from the security video the guy was using a BIG ass crow bar with no luck and there was zero damage done to the safe.
baggdis300 is offline   Reply With Quote