REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > HealthCare & Wellness

HealthCare & Wellness Breaking the Chains of Addiction. The Last Door Recovery Society
Mature discussion surrounding important health issues and concerns. Alternative therapies, healthcare questions, discussion of community resources, peer support help, group therapy, etc.

Old 04-27-2011, 11:14 PM   #1
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Wisdom teeth/Braces

Here's my problem, I had my braces off for about a year now and my wisdom teeth are kicking in. It has not cause any discomfort or anything but will my staight teeth get misalign once again if I don't do anything aobut it?

Jeff89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 11:20 PM   #2
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,818 Times in 3,901 Posts
it might creating crowding..especially if it's coming out at funny angles (impaction)
go talk to your orthodontist and take x-rays...i'm sure he/she was expecting it to come out soon enough. dont bother cheaping out now after you've spend thousands on braces...it will just cost you more in the long run if there's going to be space issue/misalignment
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 03:20 AM   #3
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

^ pretty much all you need to know in this post

the usual reasons to remove them are cause of the chance of over crowding, growing out at funny angles, and the possibility it'll get infected because you can't clean it.

i had braces too, and even though i took out four molars, i still didn't have room for the wisdoms.

but in the end i got xrays and i was told i should get em out, so i did
2005 Honda Jazz

BuySell Feedback
Quote:
"It's called Sex Panther by Odeon. It's illegal in nine countries... Yep, it's made with bits of real panther, so you know it's good ... They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time it works, every time. "
Leopold Stotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 09:47 AM   #4
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,321 Times in 5,639 Posts
my dentist recently told me, unless they are coming in overtop of the existing teeth, Wisdom teeth almost never contribute to crowding
Old 04-29-2011, 10:03 AM   #5
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
my dentist recently told me, unless they are coming in overtop of the existing teeth, Wisdom teeth almost never contribute to crowding
I have all my wisdoms teeth still. Luckily for me they all grew out straight/I am not prone to cavities...

I know a lot of dentists get their patients to remove wisdoms teeth out because a lot of the time, people don't clean that far back well enough and causes decay.. So to prevent this in the future, they recommend them getting it removed. Like mentioned, unless they are impacted, they shouldn't cause much issue...

Don't you have retainers from when you had braces? If so, you should be still wearing them every night or so for the rest of your life to maintain retention. If you wear your retainers on while your wisdoms teeth start to crown, it will also decrease chance of your other teeth from moving.
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 12:47 AM   #6
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

I currently have braces on and my wisdom teeth(only have top 2) grew out straight. My orthodontist put brackets on there too.

Quote:
Originally posted by european
i'd say its a bear... from what i've learned from winnie the pooh. you should be able to lure it with some honey.. and it'll be your friend for life!! then you'll meet his friends.. that crazy owl!! and that lazy ass donkey.. whats his name.. Eore or something.. if you meet his llitte piggy friend.. roast him and eat some ribs!! hahahaha.. wtf am i on!! hahaha i'm going nuts over here!!!
Sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote