REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > The John Norwich Riders Corner

The John Norwich Riders Corner In honour of our fellow moderator: John Norwich R.I.P. September 17th, 2014
Buy, sell, trade bikes and gear, set up bike rallies, meet discussions. #revscenebikes

Old 09-16-2011, 11:42 AM   #51
My bookmarks are Reddit and REVscene, in that order

Thanked 13,465 Times in 1,814 Posts
Can't it be derestricted or removed?
Advertisement
Old 09-16-2011, 12:19 PM   #52
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Yeah you can buy some "CDI" thing to remove your rev limit from 8k to 11-13k rpm apparantly. I need help with tuning my ruckus later on in the future wondering if anybody can gimme a hand or knows anything about it? I was told that after I install an exhaust on the ruckus you would have to "rejet" the carb. Is anybody experienced with this?
jaemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 02:23 PM   #53
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,440 Times in 4,281 Posts
The stock CDI is restricted to 8k RPM. Aftermarket CDIs are designed differently, allowing the ignition and the motor to rev up to 13k RPM.

If you want to rejet and to make this thing run reliably, you will have to take it to a proper shop with a dyno, othewrise, anybody else who does it in their back yard or whatever can be considered a con artist.

In the end, all that work isn't worth the extra RPM/speed. I would personally keep it stock especially if you ever plan on selling it. That or just buy a Ruckus that's already tuned/modified.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-26-2012, 08:22 AM   #54
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Anyone here have a 250cc Big Ruckus ?
Tetsugen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 05:17 PM   #55
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Hey I'm looking to get onto a Ruckus. Not many listed on Clist atm. Where else can I check for local sellers?
Full`Throttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 05:37 PM   #56
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,440 Times in 4,281 Posts
^
Be patient. They'll slowly pop up during the season. A lot of people won't be selling them because the weather isn't cooperating. The only other suggestion is to try the Ruckus forums. There is a "Canada" specific sub-forum on their site. Lots of Vancouver guys post there. Maybe you'll find something there? Good luck!

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 12:15 PM   #57
2010 RS Top Food Critic Winner

I saw a nice black ruckus the other night going southbound along Commercial. Is it anyone here?
K-Dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 11:38 AM   #58
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

fricken awesome hahahah
hpratvfrk is offline   Reply With Quote