REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 05-11-2011, 10:27 AM   #1
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Cypress Mountain 2011/2012 season preview.

http://www.kingsnowmag.com/articles/...s-park-preview

That is all.
Advertisement

Vangruver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 11:57 AM   #2

as I thought,

unless the thread has working out, protein, or how to lose my belly fat......maybe hockey....no one really cares.

Old 05-11-2011, 03:10 PM   #3
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

that's fresh as hell. finally. i'm in
Full`Throttle is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-11-2011, 09:09 PM   #4
LYC
I don't get it

Daaaanng. I'd be up there if I didn't destroy my ankle.
LYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 09:32 PM   #5
UFO
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Looks sick, wish I was more of a park rider. Is that up top at Skychair? Personally, I was quite satisfied with the jumps and the park that was there this year
UFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 09:33 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
Looks sick, wish I was more of a park rider. Is that up top at Skychair? Personally, I was quite satisfied with the jumps and the park that was there this year
That was up at sky yes.

My buddy matt, is the one that's been building the set up for the last week, but they are waiting on consistent sun before they go up and film some more.

I may or maynot go up to check it out, but I don't think I'll ride it....might just hang out and drink with the rest of them.

In regards to cypress's jumps?

The best jump line that cypress mountain had, was when they were called Cypress Bowl, this was back in the late 90's.

Back then there was no rails, no boxes, and jibbing wasn't really something mainstream. There was no highspeed detachable quad chairs, and the boards were stupid primitive.

Their "park" was more of a jump line, as was other mountains having the same thing. It was actually the best jump line I've ever ridden and the tables were actually table tops like what you'd see in motocross. Today's local mountain jumps are either step up's or step downs for liability reasons. Where as table tops were a jump with a little lip flat top deck and a steep steep landing. Come up short on a true table, you eat sh!t on the flat.

But if you come up short on a step up or a step down, you'll most likely just crash without too much pain. It's a safety thing.

Cypress used to have a triple jump line that was on blue run on the eagle chair side [for the life of me I can't remember that run's name since they changed it to maelle ricker's gold run] That triple line was a 20 to 30 to 40 with a double take off at the 40 [one short and one long] and that was it.

Then they had fun little hips and transfers on the windjammer run.....it was ALWAYS icey there however because of the fact that windjammer never got much sun.

during that time and a few years after, they then had the park off of Horizon, directly underneath the Lions Express [formerly known as Sunrise] Where they would have a "show off kicker", rails, and a few other smaller jumps. That show off table/kicker was great if you knew how to stomp tricks, it was where I learned how to spin and I wish I had the pictures of which to show.

After cypress bowl sold the mountain to boyne resorts [http://www.boyneresorts.com/ ]the company wanted to make cypress the best in vancouver. Sure enough they didn't need to considering it has the most rideable terrain in the lower mainland. Prices went up, helmet rule for the park came into effect, and everything is GROOMED, it's the corporate american feel for it.

Then away went the jumps, big jumps that is. Jumps that were fun, and in a good location. Because aparently flat groomers brings in film crews and increases exposure outside the lower mainland.

It's still common knowledge that cypress has a poor terrain park.

It will always have that till Alterna/Mackdog/Videograss/Sandbox film crews decide to come back to cypress.

this is just the start, this will change the way you'll see this mountain.