REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Vacations and World Travel

Vacations and World Travel Visiting our beautiful city? Come stay at the Arbutus Vista - Vancouver's Bed & Breakfast.
How was your trip? Which tour packages would you recommend/avoid? Must do's and must eats? Share tips, photos and experiences with other senior RS members who just want to get away..

Old 05-14-2011, 02:19 PM   #1
RS controls my life!

Toronto

Sorry not sure whether to put this in the dining section or not, but I am going to be heading to Toronto at the end of the month with the lady and was wondering if you guys can recommend any Italian restos that offer delicious food along with a not too loud atmosphere? Thanks in advance!
Advertisement
wc19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 05:07 PM   #2
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,508 Times in 4,310 Posts
I know you asked for quiet atmosphere but only if you're in for a fun Italian dining experience with all the action, check out Terroni. The food is not bad for what you pay. Expect line ups at their Queen Street location so be patient. Mind you, tables clear pretty quickly.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 09:00 PM   #3
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

bleh..... I've been to Terroni's on 3 separate occasions and it's always been bad. I have no idea why people like that place. One time one of the guys with us even found a piece of chewed up gum in his dessert. 100% no joke.

If you're looking for good Italian food. There's Ciao in Yorkville. Decent price, great food, in a trendy upscale area. There's also Buca (King West area) which has great charcuterie and cheeses. I found the pizza there a bit too oily but others swear by it. Reservations are required at both. Both King West and Yorkville are great areas to grab drinks afterwards as well.
97ITR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 09:18 PM   #4
RS Veteran

LOL!

That's gotta suck.

Haven't had a problem with Terroni during my visits.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
Old 05-16-2011, 01:52 AM   #5
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,091 Times in 773 Posts
don't mean to hijack, but I'm visiting toronto in the near future to check out education options. Is there any recommendation of what I should check out (areas to live in while going to school there?)
Meowjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 09:56 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinHurricane View Post
don't mean to hijack, but I'm visiting toronto in the near future to check out education options. Is there any recommendation of what I should check out (areas to live in while going to school there?)
Yonge & Eglinton or Yonge & Sheppard are popular areas with students if you're looking at living outside of downtown. Both of these sit right on the Yonge subway line and about 15-20 minute subway ride into downtown. King West and Queen West areas are right in the entertainment districts and are also great choices but are more expensive.

Alternatively, I used to live across the Harborfront (Queens Quay W and York St) and loved it there. It's the southern part of downtown Toronto on the shores of Lake Ontario.
Old 05-16-2011, 09:57 AM   #7

Oh, as per the OP, I forgot to add Nota Bene. Another great Italian restaurant in the Queen West area. It won best new restaurant in 2009.
Old 05-16-2011, 12:17 PM   #8
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

OP: if you want good atmosphere and fine dining ~ just check out Yorkville ... plenty of places to eat at and I've tried out a lot of restaurants there, no complaints so far (but prepare to pay for it ... haha)

MajinHurricane: might be easier if you specify which school? and if UofT, what campus?
KuSouL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 03:44 PM   #9
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,091 Times in 773 Posts
^I'm doing research right now on the requirements for programs etc... So I'll get back to this thread. I've discovered that I actually have nothing here for me so I shouldn't have to stay in this city, especially since the program here (nursing) is competative as fuck.
Meowjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 04:16 PM   #10
RS Veteran

UofT has an info session on residence this week (Edit: Tuesday, May 17 @ 6:30pm) at the Vancouver Convention Centre. You have to pre-register online (sorry, don't have link handy.)

Any way, we're getting off-topic here.

Old 05-19-2011, 09:28 PM   #11
RS controls my life!

Thanks for all the reply guys! Thanks 97ITR, I was recommended Ciao as well and have booked a table for that night. Planning to check out Panorama as well for some drinks afterwards, apparently it is a good place to just wind down and hangout for the night.

Majin: Yes alot of my clients have kids who are having trouble applying for nursing as the waitlist is growing. I've heard for a couple years about the waitlist at Langara is approximately 2-3 years long?
wc19 is offline   Reply With Quote