I used to go on these alllll the time back in the day, but haven't as much these past couple summers.
My fav route used to be - ready for this shit? -
Leave my place (when I used to live in Coquitlam):
- Head along Barnet Hwy into Burnaby/Vancouver.
- Head down Hastings till you get to the Hwy 1 on ramp. Take the North Shore exit
- Over 2nd Narrows/Iron workers memorial bridge and enjoy a 'healthy' rip all the way to Horseshoe Bay, right into Horseshoe Bay village. Usually I'll stop at Starbucks if they're still open to rock a piss and grab a drink.
- Cruise back along Marine Dr, enjoying the twisties (as much as you can at night anyway)
- Take the Lions Gate Bridge into Downtown (here you can take a cruise through Stanley Park, stop for a break/stretch if you want before...)
- Right up Denman, left on Robson.
- Make your way down Robson to the Cambie St bridge, and down Cambie till 41st or 49th, turn right. Then make a left at Oak
- Basically stay on Oak till it turns into Hwy99
- Enjoy another 'healthy' rip along the hwy until almost White Rock.
- Take the Cresent Beach/King George Hwy south exit
- Make the right onto Cresent Rd, follow that till 128th st, make a left.
- Stay on 128th and that eventually turns into Marine Dr.
- Cruise along Marine Dr which will lead you to the White Rock strip/beach. stop for a break, stretch the legs, enjoy the view.
- Stay on Marine, which will eventually lead you to 176th st.
- Left on 176th st, and cruise that back to Hwy 1 where you can head back home, OR now you can cruise over the Golden Ears bridge if you don't want to mess with Port Mann construction.
It's one hell of a cruise, I'll give you that, but totally worth it if you're bored, looking to unwind, need to think, or have a shit load of music you wanna rip, but can't blast it at home