REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Police Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/police-forum_143/)
-   -   speeding ticket & no N sign (https://www.revscene.net/forums/645742-speeding-ticket-no-n-sign.html)

b92 05-19-2011 04:21 AM

speeding ticket & no N sign

what is percentage I would win if I were to dispute my tickets? Never disputed a ticket before so is there a audience that watches you? Do I have to dress nicely?.

I was traveling southbound knight towards westminster hwy towards hwy 99 I believe. It was raining, I did not know the posted speed limit which the cop said was 80kms, I was going around 90-100kms. The officer was going 100 or more beside me, decides to fall back behind me and pull me over maybe because I was the only vehicle that did not go behind him.

I've never had ticketed in B.C. before during the 7 years with my license.

I had a temporary N sign printed off on white paper behind my tinted window and he gives me a ticket for that also. Is he not speeding? pisses me off how cops think they can do anything they want.

Matlock 05-19-2011 05:15 AM

Aren't there lots of max 80 kmph signs on that road?

zulutango 05-19-2011 05:17 AM

Yep a Noob. You were paced by the Police car and that is a 100% legal method of measuring your speed. How dare he legally do what you were doing illegally? He is permitted to do that and in fact it probably is part of his training and job description. It is up to you to know what speed limit that applies when you drive, soecially when you are 20 over on a rainy night.

Your N...what does it say on the back of your DL ?...."must clearly display official new driver's sign"....you are wrong on both requirements....a homemade white sign behind tint. Not offical and not clearly displayed even if it was the official N. Not sure what there is to dispute in both cases. You were caught red-handed. After 7 years in BC you still are an N. That might be a clue to your problems here. Maybe time for some self-examinination of your driving habits?

Soundy 05-19-2011 05:37 AM

^In fairness, he did say "temporary N sign", which suggests the "permitted" one printed off the ICBC site...

bloodline129 05-19-2011 05:48 AM

Dispute it, dress accordingly n hope cop doesn't come. If he does at least u might save ur license from suspension n maybe get milder price to pay
Posted via RS Mobile

xilley 05-19-2011 07:44 AM

"is he not speeding?" LOL? whos to catch them
and why do you have your N for 7 years? why didnt you get a class 5 already
when i read your thread i thought it was some 16 year old speeding with their L again :facepalm:

b92 05-19-2011 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zulutango (Post 7439728)
Yep a Noob. You were paced by the Police car and that is a 100% legal method of measuring your speed. How dare he legally do what you were doing illegally? He is permitted to do that and in fact it probably is part of his training and job description. It is up to you to know what speed limit that applies when you drive, soecially when you are 20 over on a rainy night.

Your N...what does it say on the back of your DL ?...."must clearly display official new driver's sign"....you are wrong on both requirements....a homemade white sign behind tint. Not offical and not clearly displayed even if it was the official N. Not sure what there is to dispute in both cases. You were caught red-handed. After 7 years in BC you still are an N. That might be a clue to your problems here. Maybe time for some self-examinination of your driving habits?

The N sign is printed off from the ICBC site, NOT homemade. 7 Years with my N, I have no rush to get my class 5 duh. I stated I was moving on the lane beside him while he was going faster until he decided to slow all the way so he can swing into my lane and flash his lights. My driving habits have been responsible therefore no tickets until that night.

Cop probably thought "oh, this guy never got a ticket before and he probably thinks hes not gonna get one again".

Just sayin, cops are not always right. Common this one time this other cop pulls me over and says I have a N license, I CANNOT have passengers at all in the vehicle. Its as if he didn't know what "exempt" means.

Glove 05-19-2011 08:24 AM

your done son,

dispute it anyway and hope that it takes 2 years to get a court date,

get your class 5 in the meantime,

when court comes around you wont lose your lisence

b92 05-19-2011 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glove (Post 7439818)
your done son,

dispute it anyway and hope that it takes 2 years to get a court date,

get your class 5 in the meantime,

when court comes around you wont lose your lisence

was gonna get my class 5, no time due to work. How many tickets is it until license is suspended anyways?

gars 05-19-2011 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b92 (Post 7439819)
was gonna get my class 5, no time due to work. How many tickets is it until license is suspended anyways?

Pretty hardcore job if you can't find one day off in the 7 years to take a road test. Glad my job is flexible :)

Which section number did they ticket you with?

Glove 05-19-2011 08:55 AM

if you wanna keep your lisence,

get your class 5 now

b92 05-19-2011 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gars (Post 7439841)
Pretty hardcore job if you can't find one day off in the 7 years to take a road test. Glad my job is flexible :)

Which section number did they ticket you with?

not sure, the ticket is in my car but it was speeding and NO DISPLAY OF N sign even when i had the authorized temp from icbc, i printed it off, no time to create or get a plastic shielding for it to be taped outside of my vehicle. quite unfair to me.

bigzz786786 05-19-2011 09:17 AM

4 points with your N, you sir, just got 4 or more points

dispute it, get your full license so you don't get it taken away

Dragon-88 05-19-2011 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b92 (Post 7439852)
not sure, the ticket is in my car but it was speeding and NO DISPLAY OF N sign even when i had the authorized temp from icbc, i printed it off, no time to create or get a plastic shielding for it to be taped outside of my vehicle. quite unfair to me.

Honestly everything you did couldve been avoided.
No time to get a N sign? You couldve gone to ICBC and asked for 5 if you really wanted to.. Now you have tonnes of spares... Was your temp N sign properly displayed? No.. You couldve taped it to the outside of your window and removed it with a little windex. Atleast then it is displayed properly..

You have been driving for 7 years?? Yet you choose to ignore the 10+ speed limit signs along knight street bridge.. So in your case how is that justified as not being fair?

Also if you didnt know knight street in richmond is pretty bad when its raining.. Lots of puddles on the side of the road, so you going 90-100 couldve easily spun out and hit a median.. Luckily that didnt happen.

My advice to you is to just pay the ticket and get over it. Stop being lazy and get your class 5. Or else dont complain when you are knowingly in the wrong.

ruthless 05-19-2011 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b92 (Post 7439798)
The N sign is printed off from the ICBC site, NOT homemade. 7 Years with my N, I have no rush to get my class 5 duh. I stated I was moving on the lane beside him while he was going faster until he decided to slow all the way so he can swing into my lane and flash his lights. My driving habits have been responsible therefore no tickets until that night.

Cop probably thought "oh, this guy never got a ticket before and he probably thinks hes not gonna get one again".

Just sayin, cops are not always right. Common this one time this other cop pulls me over and says I have a N license, I CANNOT have passengers at all in the vehicle. Its as if he didn't know what "exempt" means.

:rofl: :facepalm:
Like stated above, the N, whether printed off online, or the green one they give you was NOT CLEARLY DISPLAYED
You have no chance of winning this dispute, the officer did nothing wrong, please don't try and dispute only to clog up the system some more...especially since you have no chance of winning

rriggi 05-19-2011 01:07 PM

Why didn't you slow down like every other person does around a police car to ensure they dont get a ticket?

One Whistler officer told me, that the only time you can use the temp online one, is between the hours that the ICBC office is closed in that area.

gars 05-19-2011 01:51 PM

And there are a few drivers licensing offices in the GVRD that are open quite late.

Notably the Metrotown Location -
Open Mon - Tue - 10-6
Wed - Fri - 10-9
and Sat - 10-6

As well as the Richmond (Ironwood Plaza) location
Open Mon - Thu - 9-6
Fri - 9-8
and Sat 9-5

When I was 16, my Dad made me bus to the Drivers Licensing Centre to get a new N sign before he would let me drive it the car again. Never lost another sign.

cruz-in 05-20-2011 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gars (Post 7440128)
When I was 16, my Dad made me bus to the Drivers Licensing Centre to get a new N sign before he would let me drive it the car again. Never lost another sign.

epic dad right there...

Gumby 05-20-2011 10:41 AM

Thanks for the amusement, b92. :)

taylor192 05-21-2011 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b92 (Post 7439712)
Is he not speeding? pisses me off how cops think they can do anything they want.

Officers are not supposed to be breaking the law unless they have cause, and catching speeders is cause. Considering you were speeding, the officer can speed to catch you.

How dumb are you? Speeding beside a cop? Most people get let off for 10-20 over, yet most people slow down to the limit once they see an officer.

Pay your ticket and don't waste the courts time.

taylor192 05-21-2011 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b92 (Post 7439852)

Driving is a privilege not a right. There is no notion of fairness - I don't get let off not wearing my seat belt if it is malfunctioning, you don't get off driving cause you lost your N.

Almost everyone has a ziplock bag or plastic wrap in their kitchen, or you can buy it at any corner store. You could have made something to display your N properly, yet did not, so too bad so sad.

I will give you credit for printing to the official one and trying to display it - a judge might let you go with a warning for trying to do the right thing too.

KamalB 05-21-2011 01:51 PM

I have the same situation. I disputed it, and told the court how my family is on welfare etc. They will cut your fees significantly. Since the day of my ticket, i've sold my car to help pay off debts.