Welcome to the Vancouver's Top Classifieds and Automotive Forum - REVscene.net forums.
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!
The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Hipchecking is RARELY seen in real hockey anyways so it should be kept to being seldom used like in NHL 11.
They need to redo it completely if you ask me. Hipchecking isn't just crouching down really low and pretty much stop skating. There should still be momentum as you skate into the opponent with your hip sticking out.
GO Canucks GO!
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there
I'm not a big fan of the "new physics" engine. The body checking is so unrealistic, and the collision detection is a joke.
- Hitting animations look scripted with people falling the wrong way when they are hit.
- Running full speed at somebody skating straight with their head down results in them standing you up and continuing on with the puck.
- Goalies getting stuck in the net.
- Stupid hip checks
- Getting nudged from behind results in your guy suddenly losing all his speed and forward momentum
- A person in the middle of an "animation" makes them invincible until the animation is complete. For example, i had a guy "slide through" 2 forwards and 2 dmen because somebody poke checked him behind, which put him into the "tripped and stumble" animation. This is fine...except nobody could touch him or the puck in his possession until the stupid animation finished. By the time the animation finished, he had already slid through the entire team and had an easy goal.
You would think these things would be polished off, considering they weren't re-making the game ground up. Those testers must have fallen asleep!
I think we have lack of competition to blame.
EA knows this game is going to sell. It's not like gamers can jump to another series.
I can't even get my boosts and equipment slots to unlock after grinding out an entire season with my offline BAP (40 games required and I played 59 to be sure). To add insult to injury, my offline BAP is forever stuck on Amateur1 with everything stuck at 100% achieved and the next card won't unlock for me.
So now I've resorted to unlocking my equipment slots/boosts online.
i down. play any position but goalie and centre, and preferably on the right side
Forgot to mention, I'm on PS3.
I can play any skater position, but don't play goaltender. Generally best as RW or RD, but I'm still comfortable on the left side with either position. I'm pretty good defensively as a center, but I'm not great offensively as a center.
I play alot of offline season mode. Anyone on the same boat? if so, anyone notice how easy it is to play on pro mode then once you switch it to all star mode, the AI gets godlike? shitty weak skaters suddenly out skating your superstars with easy, crazy dekes/dangles and snipe shots, the computer intercepting all your passes even if it's way behind them, they magically reach back and pick off the passes with ease. Their tape to tape passing and ease of getting the puck off you even if they just bump you. I can still win on all star but not easily like the previous years NHL's. I won't dare play the CPU on superstar mode this year because of this.