REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Revscene Spotted (https://www.revscene.net/forums/revscene-spotted_189/)
-   -   Dusty Civic Si Turbo (https://www.revscene.net/forums/645860-dusty-civic-si-turbo.html)

kakawai 05-20-2011 10:53 PM

Dusty Civic Si Turbo

spotted it at the underground parking in Coq.
http://i56.tinypic.com/mcg9li.jpg

pinoy.solsi 05-20-2011 10:59 PM

looks nice.
wonder why its there

OBD1 05-20-2011 11:08 PM

That thing is a beast.

http://www.racinggreed.com/index.php...ect&sub=detail

Datsun 05-20-2011 11:33 PM

It looks like one of those abandoned cars in a Dubai airport parking lot.

jbsali 05-20-2011 11:47 PM

could have atleast put a cover over it...

jpark 05-21-2011 02:45 AM

holy shit thats nuts

Gtrr33 05-21-2011 04:50 AM

if i remember it blew the motor? it was for sale before.

Lowered_Klass 05-21-2011 08:49 AM

That's sad to see :(

Used to see this thing all the time in the TriCity area, and running at Mission.

Would love to know the story as to why it's sitting, and judging by the thick layer of 'underground parking lot dust/dirt', it's been quite some time.

pinoy.solsi 05-22-2011 07:30 AM

maybe hes waiting for some to steal it.....

twitchyzero 05-22-2011 09:55 AM

what a waste
if you already invested so much cash on your car it's probably chump change to replace the motor

taylor192 05-22-2011 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twitchyzero (Post 7443392)
what a waste
if you already invested so much cash on your car it's probably chump change to replace the motor

Depends, some kids spend every dime they have as they earn it on their cars, so if anything major breaks they have no savings to fix it.

Its nice the owner invested in the motor, cause the body is awful. Fender flares, holes cut in the hood, and an aluminum wing, yuck.

k20a 05-22-2011 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gtrr33 (Post 7442273)
if i remember it blew the motor? it was for sale before.

I think it blew the transmission, not the motor. lol

OBD1 05-22-2011 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k20a (Post 7443461)
I think it blew the transmission, not the motor. lol

Yup, I heard it went through 4 transmissions.

There is a build thread on this on the 8thcivic forum.

k20a 05-22-2011 09:17 PM

Yeah K series transmissions are not that strong for 400-500whp+. lolll

Lowered_Klass 05-22-2011 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taylor192 (Post 7443447)
Depends, some kids spend every dime they have as they earn it on their cars, so if anything major breaks they have no savings to fix it.

Its nice the owner invested in the motor, cause the body is awful. Fender flares, holes cut in the hood, and an aluminum wing, yuck.

I'm tryin' hard to bite my tounge here... but I'm sure you don't like people bashing your car, so what makes you think the owner gives a flying fuck what you think? :D Just sayin'... I don't have any love for the people bashin your car either, just to be clear :)

Either way, I want to see this thing out at Mission again! It always sounded awesome!

temp55 05-22-2011 10:10 PM

fucking SICK

taylor192 05-23-2011 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spoon_Fed (Post 7444516)
I'm tryin' hard to bite my tounge here... but I'm sure you don't like people bashing your car, so what makes you think the owner gives a flying fuck what you think? :D Just sayin'... I don't have any love for the people bashin your car either, just to be clear :)

Either way, I want to see this thing out at Mission again! It always sounded awesome!

If no-one gave a fuck what anyone else said there'd be no posts. :D The owner might not care what I think, yet why do you? You can just let posts go and not respond, I do it often as there are many dumb posts on RS. :whistle:

I understand why people don't respect my opinion cause they judge based on what I drive, so instead of biting your tongue to not lash out, how about actually responding to my criticism: This Civic would be in the Hall of Shame if it wasn't for the power it made, yet it looks like the owner went to pep boys and slapped various pieces that don't flow together on the car.

Jgresch 05-23-2011 03:52 PM

You get upset When people bash your car though.....
Posted via RS Mobile

Santofu 05-23-2011 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OBD1 (Post 7444421)
Yup, I heard it went through 4 transmissions.

There is a build thread on this on the 8thcivic forum.

Do you have a link that we can see his build thread?

twitchyzero 05-23-2011 03:58 PM

this civic looks better than your two-tone c230

Matsuda 05-23-2011 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Santoku (Post 7445121)
Do you have a link that we can see his build thread?

http://racinggreed.com/index.php?sec...ect&sub=detail

taylor192 05-23-2011 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jgresch (Post 7445115)
You get upset When people bash your car though.....
Posted via RS Mobile

It seems that way cause usually they chose to lash out at my car in a thread that has nothing to do with my car - like this thread - so I make fun of them for not being intelligent enough to attack my opinion and have to childishly result to the equivalent of name calling. I'm sure most of the people on here I respond to I could make fun of being fat, ugly, ... yet what's the point of lowering oneself to that level? :D

Spoon604 05-23-2011 09:29 PM

^ pos

Joreus 05-23-2011 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taylor192 (Post 7445322)
It seems that way cause usually they chose to lash out at my car in a thread that has nothing to do with my car - like this thread - so I make fun of them for not being intelligent enough to attack my opinion and have to childishly result to the equivalent of name calling. I'm sure most of the people on here I respond to I could make fun of being fat, ugly, ... yet what's the point of lowering oneself to that level? :D

Everything you've said thus far has been uneducated, misinformed hearsay and contradiction. You say he spends every dime squeezing out parts that he cannot afford, yet in reality money is no object to him. You say the body is awful and does not flow, yet nothing on the car isn't functional for a 550whp, 150+mph beast. You ask why others care what you think, yet we can respond with the exact same statement. Under the same lines, you mention letting posts go because they aren't worth responding to, yet you're clearly contradicting yourself while still trying to play the "I don't care" card. Then you mention how easy it would be to make fun of everyone that bashes your car, implying they are ugly or fat, but oh wait; once again that would be too easy because you won't stoop to that level. Well open your eyes cave-dweller, you're 60 ft. under.

I don't think people bash you and your opinion, or pick apart your posts because of your car.

You're just retarded.

taylor192 05-23-2011 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joreus (Post 7445404)
Everything you've said thus far has been uneducated, misinformed hearsay and contradiction. You say he spends every dime squeezing out parts that he cannot afford, yet in reality money is no object to him.

Here's my post. Please point out where I specifically said "he"- oh wait I didn't. I was replying to someone and you chose to take it out of context. Please don't lecture me on intellect if you cannot demonstrate basic understanding.

Quote:

Originally Posted by taylor192 (Post 7443447)

Quote:

You say the body is awful and does not flow, yet nothing on the car isn't functional for a 550whp, 150+mph beast.

You realize you didn't address my opinion, in fact you back it up. I specifically said it was nice this car makes that much power, yet perhaps you missed that. Use your "intellect" to go find it, hint its a few posts up.

Power or not, the car is hideous. I'll prove it by cross posting on a few forums where obvious sack riders won't bias the opinion.

Quote:

You ask why others care what you think, yet we can respond with the exact same statement.

Yawn, already been addressed. No posts means there's no RS... next please.

Quote:

Under the same lines, you mention letting posts go because they aren't worth responding to, yet you're clearly contradicting yourself while still trying to play the "I don't care" card.

Please look up the word highlighted in this quote, let me know what it means. I let many posts go, I choose to respond to some, like most members on any forum. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by taylor192
You can just let posts go and not respond, I do it often

Quote:

Then you mention how easy it would be to make fun of everyone that bashes your car, implying they are ugly or fat, but oh wait; once again that would be too easy because you won't stoop to that level. Well open your eyes cave-dweller, you're 60 ft. under.

I didn't bring my car into this thread, nor have I called anyone fat, ugly or a cave dweller. The view if nice from up here, how is it down there?

Quote:

I don't think people bash you and your opinion, or pick apart your posts because of your car.

Cause my car just magically became part of this discussion. There isn't a rolling eyes smilie big enough...

Quote:

You're just retarded.

Good job showing your true colours, far from the intellect you're trying to portray. :thumbsup: