REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Fashion & Shopping

Fashion & Shopping Blackmarkers. A Filtered Selection of Clothing, Footwear and Accessories.
Gotta stay fresh! Latest fashion trends, new clothing lines, mega sales events, and awesome deals..

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2013, 07:30 PM   #1701
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
Mr.Money's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Vancouver DT
Posts: 2,500
Thanked 2,040 Times in 538 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Special K View Post
Missed the Vs at Livestock. It seems like they only had 5-6 pairs... Sigh
Posted via RS Mobile
those fuckers already sell them to employee's also...i've seen it
Advertisement
__________________
Fly Your Own Flag.
Mr.Money is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 07:32 PM   #1702
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)
 
Tim Budong's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: The Womb
Posts: 16,518
Thanked 10,744 Times in 2,067 Posts
I want the Vs..

that is all
Tim Budong is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 03:30 PM   #1703
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy
 
KingCrimson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: 604
Posts: 340
Thanked 125 Times in 30 Posts


Copped these last night
KingCrimson is offline  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-25-2013, 03:56 PM   #1704
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001
 
Mike Oxbig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 8,948
Thanked 2,491 Times in 875 Posts
^ legit shit, haters gon hate
Mike Oxbig is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 05:17 PM   #1705
Need to Seek Professional Help
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,069
Thanked 246 Times in 114 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Earl View Post
^ legit shit, haters gon hate
Legit as in his shoe itself or the Concord 11s?

Sole is icy blue.
Posted via RS Mobile
Special K is offline  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-25-2013, 10:50 PM   #1706
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)
 
Tim Budong's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: The Womb
Posts: 16,518
Thanked 10,744 Times in 2,067 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Special K View Post
Legit as in his shoe itself or the Concord 11s?

Sole is icy blue.
Posted via RS Mobile
too icy to be legit

even under flash
Tim Budong is offline  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-25-2013, 11:08 PM   #1707
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001
 
Mike Oxbig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 8,948
Thanked 2,491 Times in 875 Posts
Its the same if you put them side to side with the or

But these are gm
Mike Oxbig is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 11:33 PM   #1708
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
Mr.Money's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Vancouver DT
Posts: 2,500
Thanked 2,040 Times in 538 Posts
how much did u pay for them?.
__________________
Fly Your Own Flag.
Mr.Money is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:05 AM   #1709
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001
 
Mike Oxbig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 8,948
Thanked 2,491 Times in 875 Posts
.
Mike Oxbig is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:42 AM   #1710
Rs has made me the man i am today!
 
will068's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: van
Posts: 3,289
Thanked 429 Times in 177 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Money View Post
those fuckers already sell them to employee's also...i've seen it
You can snitch on them to Nike Headquarters. They lose their Jordan Account. Just like how Nike Robson lost their Jordan Account - employees taking the loot for themselves first after Nike Canada instructed all the retailers not too. It's a lose lose situation. We either lose a store that carry nice releases or we get stores that prioritizes the limited shoes for themselves.

One example for Livestock Gastown. For the Yeezy 2 release, not only did some of the employees get some pairs for themselves, but for friends as well. E.g. even a hairdresser/barber at the barber shop next door told me she got hooked up with the Yeezy's. At the end of the day, it's a lose-lose situation.
__________________
RS Buy&Sell Rating
will068 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:56 AM   #1711
Rs has made me the man i am today!
 
will068's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: van
Posts: 3,289
Thanked 429 Times in 177 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Earl View Post
Its the same if you put them side to side with the or

But these are gm
Incorrect, Fake is fake. Let's hope he didn't pay much for them. Best way to know the difference is a side by side comparison with a legit pair. I did that for my friend. I could see the differences on the outside. Similar materials, but the differences on the outside are mostly on the stitching on the patent leather, number size and positioning at the heel.

In the inside (e.g. cushioning, etc), well, I can't tell.

Other reviews with pics of so called gm/grey market / fake pairs:

Air Jordan XI CONCORD AFTERMATH thread. STILL NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING! - Page 3

If the seller is a guy with the Ford F-150 Raptor claiming "straight from china" goods, he will also try to sell you some Jordan XIII Ray Allen Celtic PE's from 2012 for $300.


What I hate is these sellers straight up lie to your face. Hell, they can charge whatever they want. But lie ? All I can do is just laugh ...


Anyways, are the pics above fake? I don't know. Need more large pics to scrutinize. But I'm sure the buyer did that already.
__________________
RS Buy&Sell Rating

Last edited by will068; 08-26-2013 at 01:10 AM.
will068 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 01:49 AM   #1712
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001
 
Mike Oxbig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 8,948
Thanked 2,491 Times in 875 Posts
Its authorized vs unauthorized.

Both shoe uses the exact same material and both came from the exact same factory. If you say unauthorized is fake where it doesn't get Nike's approval for these release then ok but that still dont make it fake. You can't just speak your opinion when facts are facts. After reading from start to finish the grey market thread on niketalk got closed because everyone is starting to believe this shit is legit and the mods were catching up to it, that's why the thread got closed. It really comes down to authorized vs unauthorized product, take your pick.

a) Original release - shoe gets approve from nike with quality check, passing quality check
b) Grey Market - shoe get no approval from nike and no quality on the finish product and might come with the little uncut material in the middle for most shoe

The sole is blue on that concord because they are grey market, which uses the same plastic as the grape 5 and fire red 5's for their sole. Some advance technology shit to make the shoe not turn yellow. Go take that concord and match the bottom of the 5's sole, the sole will be the same color.

These shoes are from china and shady things goes on in that country where ever there is money people will be all over it. Sure it may have some minor flaws but not all shoe are made equal. Having blue sole doesn't mean its automatically fake.


Facts are facts, go read all 400 pages from that thread and this will be your cliff notes

Last edited by Mike Oxbig; 08-26-2013 at 02:05 AM.
Mike Oxbig is offline  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-26-2013, 10:33 AM   #1713
Rs has made me the man i am today!
 
will068's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: van
Posts: 3,289
Thanked 429 Times in 177 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Earl View Post
Its authorized vs unauthorized.

Both shoe uses the exact same material and both came from the exact same factory. If you say unauthorized is fake where it doesn't get Nike's approval for these release then ok but that still dont make it fake. You can't just speak your opinion when facts are facts. After reading from start to finish the grey market thread on niketalk got closed because everyone is starting to believe this shit is legit and the mods were catching up to it, that's why the thread got closed. It really comes down to authorized vs unauthorized product, take your pick.

a) Original release - shoe gets approve from nike with quality check, passing quality check
b) Grey Market - shoe get no approval from nike and no quality on the finish product and might come with the little uncut material in the middle for most shoe

The sole is blue on that concord because they are grey market, which uses the same plastic as the grape 5 and fire red 5's for their sole. Some advance technology shit to make the shoe not turn yellow. Go take that concord and match the bottom of the 5's sole, the sole will be the same color.

These shoes are from china and shady things goes on in that country where ever there is money people will be all over it. Sure it may have some minor flaws but not all shoe are made equal. Having blue sole doesn't mean its automatically fake.


Facts are facts, go read all 400 pages from that thread and this will be your cliff notes

So you're referring from a thread in niketalk started and defended vigorously by a guy who's a running joke / mod in that forum ?

It's great if they were unauthorized. I get that. But where is the proof that it came from the same factory Nike commissioned where the "authorized" pairs came out? None.

That's my problem with that, as if China is a black box of manufacturing. There are so many cities and so many factories that these "grey market" / "unauthorized" fake shoes could have originated from. Anyone could commission these shoes with enough due diligence done to which manufacturers they can hire over there.
__________________
RS Buy&Sell Rating
will068 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:35 PM   #1714
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001
 
Mike Oxbig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 8,948
Thanked 2,491 Times in 875 Posts
People in china still have the concept and still can pump out shoes after the contract with nike because this is in China and they cant get sue for it. The fakes are so obvious to distinguish because they are just plain fake. The concord posted up there, are made with authentic materials from the same factory and the blue soles is what they use for current and future jordan releases.

Bottom line is authorized vs unauthorized, I have gather information for the past 8 months from the grey market thread on niketalk.com giving you guys the cliff notes and the conclusion. Grey Market shoe is definitely circulating and there's nothing you can do about it. Besides recognizing the concords and jams being blue sole... after 5 years the sole will still turn yellow then what, no body will be able to know the difference and you won't be able to tell when they are on feet.

In the end Nike is still making money no matter what the outcome is. I'm sure they're aware of this situation but there is nothing they can do about it. Purchasing grey market is a criminal offense because you are buying a product that is unauthorized but on feet its all the same.


This is the dark secret of the shoe game today man.
Mike Oxbig is offline  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-26-2013, 12:38 PM   #1715
Need to Seek Professional Help
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,069
Thanked 246 Times in 114 Posts
Would you pay $1000 for an official release LV or $400 for a grey market grade AAAAA LV?

I think the logic is the same here for Js.

I have no problem people buying/selling GM. But please advertise as GM and not mix it up with the official releases.
Posted via RS Mobile
Special K is offline  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-26-2013, 12:43 PM   #1716
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001
 
Mike Oxbig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 8,948
Thanked 2,491 Times in 875 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Special K View Post
Would you pay $1000 for an official release LV or $400 for a grey market grade AAAAA LV?

I think the logic is the same here for Js.

I have no problem people buying/selling GM. But please advertise as GM and not mix it up with the official releases.
Posted via RS Mobile
Exactly and GM should only be the back door route to get a something your really want.
Mike Oxbig is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:47 PM   #1717
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001
 
Mike Oxbig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 8,948
Thanked 2,491 Times in 875 Posts
AAAAA LV i dont even think that exist, LV are hand made its either from retail store or its fake.
Mike Oxbig is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 02:37 PM   #1718
Rs has made me the man i am today!
 
will068's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: van
Posts: 3,289
Thanked 429 Times in 177 Posts
So if it is high-quality pair of non-original Jordan's do you believe:

A. It is an unauthorized / grey market pair from the same Nike-commisioned factory as the correlating original pairs

B. It is from other manufacturers who use high quality materials and have great techniques in replicating since there is a market for high quality fakes

C. Another definition I missed
__________________
RS Buy&Sell Rating
will068 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 02:41 PM   #1719
Need to Seek Professional Help
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,069
Thanked 246 Times in 114 Posts
AJ3 fear pack @ 10 and Main as of right now - FSR
Posted via RS Mobile
Special K is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 03:40 PM   #1720
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)
 
Tim Budong's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: The Womb
Posts: 16,518
Thanked 10,744 Times in 2,067 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Special K View Post
AJ3 fear pack @ 10 and Main as of right now - FSR
Posted via RS Mobile
dont have time to get down there..fuuu
Tim Budong is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 06:24 PM   #1721
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy
 
KingCrimson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: 604
Posts: 340
Thanked 125 Times in 30 Posts
shiiit ehh..

I bought them for 250 and they’ve been worn once.
The previous owner said he bought them at Metrotown Champs, 2011 release, with the receipt which he provided for me.
When I first looked at them and held them in my hands everything felt legit, but my buddy and I were looking into every detail and scrutinizing for any flaws that would make us think otherwise.

On another note, I’ve been on and off the scene. I used to be an avid collector, but due to particular constraints I’ve been in hiatus. It’s just recently that I’ve been back in the game.

But if these are straight up fakes, then daaammn fakes are good these days…
KingCrimson is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 06:50 PM   #1722
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001
 
Mike Oxbig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 8,948
Thanked 2,491 Times in 875 Posts
authorized vs unauthorized the stitching is the same, you might find tiny flaws but no one will know once its on feet. Call them B grade if you want but the flaws dont come often with grey market.
Mike Oxbig is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 12:11 AM   #1723
Rs has made me the man i am today!
 
will068's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: van
Posts: 3,289
Thanked 429 Times in 177 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCrimson View Post
shiiit ehh..

I bought them for 250 and they’ve been worn once.
The previous owner said he bought them at Metrotown Champs, 2011 release, with the receipt which he provided for me.
When I first looked at them and held them in my hands everything felt legit, but my buddy and I were looking into every detail and scrutinizing for any flaws that would make us think otherwise.

On another note, I’ve been on and off the scene. I used to be an avid collector, but due to particular constraints I’ve been in hiatus. It’s just recently that I’ve been back in the game.

But if these are straight up fakes, then daaammn fakes are good these days…
Assuming he was honest, nothing to worry about. But what an asshole indeed if he did a switch.

Looking at my DS Concord pair, the color of the sole on the side is a bit blue. The yellowing is very minimal and is only noticeable near the edges of the traction.
__________________
RS Buy&Sell Rating
will068 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 12:17 AM   #1724
Need to Seek Professional Help
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,069
Thanked 246 Times in 114 Posts
Did your box have a Champs stamp on it. Either way he could have switched it up and gave you a Champs box. But that's a lot of work. Haha
Posted via RS Mobile
Special K is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 12:59 AM   #1725
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001
 
Mike Oxbig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 8,948
Thanked 2,491 Times in 875 Posts
All that to make $80 LMAO some people man....
Mike Oxbig is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net