REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Relationship & Gender Discussion (https://www.revscene.net/forums/relationship-gender-discussion_17/)
-   -   Graduation Gifts for a Guy (https://www.revscene.net/forums/646246-graduation-gifts-guy.html)

xmisstrinh 05-26-2011 09:41 AM

Graduation Gifts for a Guy

First and foremost, congratulations babe, I'm so proud of you =D

Anyways, I've been wondering if it is appropriate for me to give a bouquet of flowers to my man for his convocation. I've don't think I've ever seen a guy hold a bouquet of flowers for himself so I'm wondering....

If you all can provide me with some gift ideas as well, that would be great!

Thanks =]

Matlock 05-26-2011 09:52 AM

Rolex? :troll:

Any nice watch
Posted via RS Mobile

azn_beef 05-26-2011 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xmisstrinh (Post 7448718)
First and foremost, congratulations babe, I'm so proud of you =D

Anyways, I've been wondering if it is appropriate for me to give a bouquet of flowers to my man for his convocation. I've don't think I've ever seen a guy hold a bouquet of flowers for himself so I'm wondering....

If you all can provide me with some gift ideas as well, that would be great!

Thanks =]

Maybe a pen? mont blanc pen? if he's a business major. or even as simple as a tie. Please no Gstar or 18-19 volcom stuff haha, the man is graduating post secondary, time to turn it up a notch and get something a little more formal : ) just my two cents.

I think my gf is going through the same dilemma as well ; )

xmisstrinh 05-27-2011 08:06 AM

Yup, he's a business major. Accounting actually. I was looking at card holders the other day, but I don't know if that is practical for him since he has a really good wallet.... blahhhhh

wix 05-27-2011 09:59 AM

Money clip that holds 2-3 pieces of ID (Coach), Business card holder (Stainless steel kind), Tie (Nice one that's medium width, straight up skinny isn't as appropriate in a business environment)

busdriverman 05-27-2011 10:10 AM

i think that a really nice pen would be nice

how about a nice tie clip? thats a gift i would love to receive for my graduation, even though i am not a business major.

iam_dan 05-27-2011 10:32 AM

lots of great ideas here, but im going to have to ask.. whats your budget? cant get a mont blanc pen or rolex watch for $50, thats for sure

if you opt to give a tie clip, i think if you can push the dollar a bit more, go for a tie clip + cufflinks + pocket square.

Gumby 05-27-2011 10:38 AM

No don't get him flowers!

!Yaminashi 05-27-2011 11:48 AM

I'd say no to the flowers as well
Posted via RS Mobile

hotjoint 05-27-2011 01:20 PM

no flowers

xmisstrinh 05-27-2011 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iam_dan (Post 7449887)
lots of great ideas here, but im going to have to ask.. whats your budget? cant get a mont blanc pen or rolex watch for $50, thats for sure

if you opt to give a tie clip, i think if you can push the dollar a bit more, go for a tie clip + cufflinks + pocket square.

I don't have the means to buy a rolex... haha but I don't have a concrete number to work with, I don't mind somewhere in the mid hundreds, but definitely can't afford the thousands...

Edit: And a noob question.... whats so great about giving fancy pens?

Mr.HappySilp 05-27-2011 02:33 PM

How close are you tow? If it is just a regular friend I say just get him a graduation teddy bear (I like one too!).

If you are really close get him something he would use like a wallet, watch. I am not too sure about the whole Pen idea. I haven't actually need a pen for ages (but again different field then your friend).

xmisstrinh 05-27-2011 02:54 PM

is my boyfriend.. should probably mention that eh..

Walperstyle 05-27-2011 06:47 PM

EFR Borg Warner Turbo

Lolkai 05-27-2011 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xmisstrinh (Post 7450043)
I don't have the means to buy a rolex... haha but I don't have a concrete number to work with, I don't mind somewhere in the mid hundreds, but definitely can't afford the thousands...

Edit: And a noob question.... whats so great about giving fancy pens?

cuz its baussssss!

cruz-in 05-27-2011 09:17 PM

tell him you didnt want to get him a watch, tie, calculator cuz you know he will eventually end up not using it/ ware it out.

give him somthing that doesnt grow old : memories.

take him someplace he'll remember..

he likes basket ball/ hockey, take him to a game.
if hes been stressed out : take him someplace relaxing // harisson

i cant tell you what to get since i dont know him...when my ex bought me car parts, i almost cried i was so happy. lol.. its the fact that she knew what i wanted/liked that made me remember how awsome it was .

i mean if you buy him a LV wallet and he hates fashion, it aint gonna mean shit to him .

good luck! :D

xmisstrinh 05-27-2011 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cruz-in (Post 7450524)
tell him you didnt want to get him a watch, tie, calculator cuz you know he will eventually end up not using it/ ware it out.

i cant tell you what to get since i dont know him...when my ex bought me car parts, i almost cried i was so happy. lol.. its the fact that she knew what i wanted/liked that made me remember how awsome it was .

i mean if you buy him a LV wallet and he hates fashion, it aint gonna mean shit to him .

good suggestion.... can't afford a pair of hockey tickets right now for shit though....

Mr.HappySilp 05-28-2011 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cruz-in (Post 7450524)

That's a good idea! But maybe I am different I actually like present that I will use so it doesn't go to waste (clothing, wallet, watches, PS3). I hate it when people get me present that I have no use for it (decorlations, crystals that just sits there, picture frame.....).

CP.AR 05-28-2011 11:36 AM

I got a huge teddy bear and a boquet of flowers, though they were from my family rather than gf

there were quite a few guys with teddy bears and flowers.
my gf bought me a tie - and before that we spent a few days in portland shopping :D

Nocardia 05-28-2011 12:54 PM

A good pair of cuff links - perhaps with his school logo on them

buddy 05-28-2011 02:10 PM

lap dance and bj ... that's what I'd want

AzNightmare 05-31-2011 03:34 PM

Men like practical stuff. It doesn't need to have meaning behind it.
If you know him well, get him something he needs/wants.

Ulic Qel-Droma 05-31-2011 05:15 PM

lol just be extra kind and affectionate to him and look up to him and respect him as an all mighty intellectual cool man that he is. that's better than any tangible object you can ever buy him... other than a ferrari italia, but that's a different story.

freakshow 06-02-2011 09:09 AM

Get him a decent suit, should be able to find something, maybe in the states for 6-700

The_AK 06-02-2011 01:47 PM

blowjob with mints, waddup?