REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Food & Fine Dining (https://www.revscene.net/forums/food-fine-dining_33/)
-   -   Surprise birthday dinner (https://www.revscene.net/forums/646254-surprise-birthday-dinner.html)

blackjack101 05-26-2011 11:46 AM

Surprise birthday dinner

Where would be the best place to have a surprise bday dinner for my gf? The dinner would be on a weekend.

What I'm looking for is somewhere along like the eatery. Spacey, Not far (surrey langly etc), not concerned with price or type of food just looking for ideas, No fast food restaurant, no cactus club, Joey, milestone, keg, or any of those chain restaurants the fall in the category I listed. Any suggestions would be grateful.

I mainly wanted to see if anyone here had a surprise bday dinner which they really enjoyed.

No fast food restaurant, no cactus club, Joey, milestone, keg, or any of those chain restaurants the fall in the category I listed.
Posted via RS Mobile

RevRav 05-26-2011 01:30 PM

There's a least a million choices here in Lower Mainland.
Might want to narrow it down more.
Any preferred cuisine? Or at least any cuisine that you wouldn't want?

How about McDonald's? :troll:

blackjack101 05-26-2011 02:02 PM

Your right there are too many restaurants just wanted to see if anyone here had a surprise bday dinner which they really enjoyed.

I'll try to narrow it down. No fast food restaurant, no cactus club, Joey, milestone, keg, or any of those chain restaurants the fall in the category I listed.
Posted via RS Mobile

trancehead 05-26-2011 02:42 PM

italian kitchen is nice
boathouse on kits beach has a great view.

illicitstylz 05-26-2011 05:12 PM

bananaleaf , not too casual not too formal

CRS 05-27-2011 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by illicitstylz (Post 7449176)
bananaleaf , not too casual not too formal

Not really spacey...

In fact, it is pretty cramped all the time.

freakshow 05-27-2011 10:40 AM

Is it just you? or you and her friends?

blackjack101 05-27-2011 12:09 PM

Me and her friends.

But I doubt I'm going to do the surprise dinner for her cause the canucks game is on next sat. Friday were going to a concert. So not really sure. Don't want to do the surprise on Sunday...
Posted via RS Mobile

TekDragon 05-27-2011 03:08 PM

Old Surrey Restaurant. Excellent food and service. Still do old school tableside if you want it. Not casual dining.
Surrey: 72 ave and 134 st

Mahek, good Indian food, has a private room in the back.
Surrey: Scott Rd and 94 ave

Ozarks, bbq, ribs, etc. Good portions, decent food and prices.
Langley: Fraser Hwy and 196 St

Burgoo, comfort food, good portions, good food.
Vancouver: Main St and 14th Ave

Durrann 05-28-2011 12:12 PM

Les faux bourgeois
Pretty good French place

But it's in east van
Kinda far for u
Posted via RS Mobile

racerman88 06-18-2011 01:52 PM

Preston's on West Pender and Bute was good if you are still looking for a place

ilvtofu 06-18-2011 06:31 PM

I know romers burger bar has a vault for private parties, prices are reasonable and overall has been well received

blackjack101 06-20-2011 08:49 PM

Thank you for all the replies. I will keep these suggestions for future refrence. We ended going to The Rogue wet kitchen and bar. That day was on the game 2 of canucks and it was the perfect seating for me and her friends tv's on each end and sound in the dinning area which was great.

The food there was alright i order the Rogue burger and it was pretty good give it 8/10 Pretty big and filling.

Gf ordered nachos and drank beer the night lol.

Other then that great night, thanks for the help