REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Fashion & Shopping (https://www.revscene.net/forums/fashion-shopping_34/)
-   -   Do Vancouver people know Ferragamo? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/646349-do-vancouver-people-know-ferragamo.html)

ethano 05-27-2011 08:21 PM

Do Vancouver people know Ferragamo?

I am quite disappointed because I've been trying to sell a few pairs of my designer shoes and most of them are sold except for my Salvatore Ferragamo ones. All the Gucci and LV's have been sold so fast.

Do Vancouver people only know about coach, LV, and gucci? lol seriously I'm so confused...how can people not know about this super nice Italian brand that makes awesome mens shoes? It just seems no one is interested in them and it's a pity because they are still really new and in excellent condition..sigh...

hal0g0dv2 05-27-2011 08:25 PM

sweet story

xmisstrinh 05-28-2011 09:24 AM

bet you sold your LV and Gucci to mainland China fobs looking for a deal

RESN 05-28-2011 10:15 AM

cool story bro, tell it again

guddagudd 05-28-2011 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _*aE (Post 7450927)
cool story bro, tell it again

I am quite disappointed because I've been trying to sell a few pairs of my designer shoes and most of them are sold except for my Salvatore Ferragamo ones. All the Gucci and LV's have been sold so fast.

Do Vancouver people only know about coach, LV, and gucci? lol seriously I'm so confused...how can people not know about this super nice Italian brand that makes awesome mens shoes? It just seems no one is interested in them and it's a pity because they are still really new and in excellent condition..sigh...

ethano 05-28-2011 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xmisstrinh (Post 7450885)
bet you sold your LV and Gucci to mainland China fobs looking for a deal

Um..duno about that

The "mainland China fobs" you're talking about are the spoiled brats shopping at holts and downtown boutiques right now..

I actually sold it to a few Viet and Indian guys..

SuperSlowSS 05-28-2011 09:09 PM

people that buy ferragamo aren't looking for a deal.

4doorVIP 05-28-2011 09:12 PM

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ero_Rocher.jpg

Jayboogz 05-28-2011 09:15 PM

In chinese its called fei lut gai mo. Fly fall chicken hair (canto) ferragamo ahahahahhahaha.
Posted via RS Mobile

Farfetched 05-30-2011 11:14 PM

Unless its the Tramezza line, ferragamo is way overpriced for what you're getting. The mid line (I don't recall the name), is ok but you're still overpaying.

wingies 06-05-2011 11:06 AM

You're overpaying for almost everything in life
Posted via RS Mobile

instantneedles 06-06-2011 11:08 PM

Quite frankly, u wouldnt find much luck selling ferragamo in van especially if theyre mens shoes. Realistically in van, most men that do shop for clothing, buy things with logos on it to show status. True religion, rock and republic, gstar, superdry, louis vuitton, gucci, and the list goes on. Men that express a real taste for fashion ( by that I mean going for the look and not the reputation/logo) is quite scarce in vancouver. If you go to places in europe, you could tell a whole different story.

ethano 06-06-2011 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by instantneedles (Post 7462589)
Quite frankly, u wouldnt find much luck selling ferragamo in van especially if theyre mens shoes. Realistically in van, most men that do shop for clothing, buy things with logos on it to show status. True religion, rock and republic, gstar, superdry, louis vuitton, gucci, and the list goes on. Men that express a real taste for fashion ( by that I mean going for the look and not the reputation/logo) is quite scarce in vancouver. If you go to places in europe, you could tell a whole different story.

I totally agree with you.

Harvey Specter 06-07-2011 12:06 AM

I would say the reason why most people don't know about Ferragamo is because Ferragamo is still pretty exclusive compared to other higher end designer brands and like mentioned above, most Ferragamo shoes are discreet and don't scream "hey, I just dropped $500 on my shoes, look at the logos!". You're paying for quality, you're not paying for a logo or brand like most brands out there now.

ethano 06-08-2011 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jah Dean (Post 7462644)
I would say the reason why most people don't know about Ferragamo is because Ferragamo is still pretty exclusive compared to other higher end designer brands and like mentioned above, most Ferragamo shoes are discreet and don't scream "hey, I just dropped $500 on my shoes, look at the logos!". You're paying for quality, you're not paying for a logo or brand like most brands out there now.

Couldn't have said it better.. I got them for around $500 and I've only worn them twice..now im selling for $180 since no one appreciates this brand. Hopefully someone will be able to realize how freaking great of a deal that is.

bcrdukes 06-08-2011 10:39 PM

I have a pair of Ferragamo dress shoes (oxford's to be exact.)

At first, I didn't think much of them, not knowing much about them but when my sales guy told me to try them on, I instantly changed my mind.

They aren't cheap. I'll agree. But like Jah Dean said, they're very discreet and far from loud. The leather is extremely beautiful and they are very comfortable. I had a very hard time finding a pair of dress shoes that fit comfortably while maintaining a low-key look. I have absolutely no regrets with them nor do I have any intentions to replace them for years to come.

It's too bad. Vancouver is driven by brand whores and loud fashion. Not exactly my cup of tea.

OP: Hold on to them. You may regret selling them one day. :)

Shades 06-08-2011 10:53 PM

If yours were smaller I'd take them. Loafers are suppose to fit snug. I have pair of Tod's loafers and I absolutely love them.

If yours fit you well, like bcrdukes said, keep them. Shoes like these are timeless.

Ronin 06-09-2011 12:31 AM

I have a pair of Ferragamo shoes as well. Love 'em.

But I wouldn't buy them used. Heck, I wouldn't buy any used shoes...just weird to me.

StylinRed 06-09-2011 03:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin (Post 7465430)
I have a pair of Ferragamo shoes as well. Love 'em.

But I wouldn't buy them used. Heck, I wouldn't buy any used shoes...just weird to me.

the "i want to be inside what you've been inside" is a bit too creepy and eew when it comes to shoes :)

i love my ferragamo shoes but i got suckered with an unlined pair on one of em; they're great except for the fact all my socks come out looking like i've trodden through shit (happened with a few other brands too; buying online sucks sometimes)

lol 06-21-2011 09:25 AM

I don't understand why you like the shoes so much, why would you sell them if you've only worn them twice and at such a low price? Just keep them. Sounds dumb to sell them imo.

Not really racist! 06-21-2011 03:57 PM

Ferragamos are frigging comfy. I can walk around and stand in them for like ten hours and they still feel fricking awesome.. After all OP, this is Vancouver, where we judge each other by what brands we wear..that is visible to the eye