REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Police Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/police-forum_143/)
-   -   rcmp-routine traffic stop (https://www.revscene.net/forums/646776-rcmp-routine-traffic-stop.html)

z-33 06-02-2011 03:49 AM

rcmp-routine traffic stop

had a quick question. i got pulled over and got ticketed for a few traffic violations, and the the officer wanted my phone number and wrote it down. i found it quite odd that he asked for it, and was wondering why he would have wanted it and if hes allowed to ask and write down my personal info?

thanks

RevRav 06-02-2011 04:20 AM

Are you a female?
Are you hot? :troll:

geeknerd 06-02-2011 04:21 AM

are you young? did he ask for your personal # or your house #? ive heard incidents where officers will call parents if your a young driver.

are you N? maybe hes trying to get ur license suspended and wanting to tell you immediately when it does get suspended so you dont drive.

and why didnt you just ask why he wanted your number? lol

zulutango 06-02-2011 04:42 AM

Police don't normally ask for phone numbers when issuing a VT, however maybe being ticketed for "a few traffic violations" means that he opened a Prime file on you and used that info as part of the file to identify you and to be able to contact you or the owner of the vehicle at a later date? There is a bit of the story we are missing here.

z-33 06-02-2011 04:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zulutango (Post 7456930)
Police don't normally ask for phone numbers when issuing a VT, however maybe being ticketed for "a few traffic violations" means that he opened a Prime file on you and used that info as part of the file to identify you and to be able to contact you or the owner of the vehicle at a later date? There is a bit of the story we are missing here.

no story, im 20(male) have my class 5. got ticketed for no front plate, and didnt have my insurance decal on my plate forgot to put it on.

y would he open up a prime file for me? and y would he need to contact me?

zulutango 06-02-2011 09:27 AM

I'm not sure. It may have been part of another investigation where they enter people they deal with as an "entity" on prime. They are required to collect as much info as possible then...height, weight, eye colour, address, phone etc when they enter you so that the system can recall the info at a later time and "autofill" the data. This is done to avoid double entering people, confusing people with similar names and DOBs ...that sort of thing. Some departments may open a "street check" file because they stopped you in a certain area/ certain time of day/ as part of something they were working on. You know who stopped you and where they work so you can certainly ask them why they wanted your phone number.