REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Police Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/police-forum_143/)
-   -   got rear ended, lady saying i reversed into her (https://www.revscene.net/forums/646890-got-rear-ended-lady-saying-i-reversed-into-her.html)

gretzky 06-03-2011 04:50 PM

got rear ended, lady saying i reversed into her

delete, got answears i needed, thanks.

RevRav 06-03-2011 05:53 PM

Claim it anyways. You're not at-fault.

Having her plate # should be enough.
If you want, you should take your car to an ICBC estimator to have it checked out for internal damages.

jlenko 06-03-2011 06:54 PM

Did she get any of your info? If you didn't give her your driver's licence number, there is nothing but her word against yours to prove any of this happened.

But that works both ways.. if she comes up with a fake witness to say you backed up into her, then it's her AND fake witness, and ICBC will believe the bitch.

parm104 06-03-2011 09:23 PM

There is a difference between claiming an accident and reporting an accident...You should ALWAYS report an accident because it allows you to have a story/testimony given to ICBC....

Also, if you do change your mind down the road, you have the option of pursuing a claim. If you don't report it within 48hrs, you can say bye-bye to any potential claim. Again, once you report something, that doesn't mean you are pursuing a claim...But a claim cannot be done without a report.

Geoc 06-03-2011 11:25 PM

Not sure about your car, but some cars have data recorder that acts like a black box on a plane. If your car does indeed have this, you could get ICBC to pull the records off of it and prove that your claim is the truth.

Edison_Chen 06-03-2011 11:29 PM

Report it anyways to protect your butt..... If ICBC claims its her fault, you can then decide if you want to repair your own vehicle.

bcedhk 06-03-2011 11:33 PM

don't wash your car. leave it as is, bring it to ICBC first. If you wash it they will ask you why u washed it blah blah blah and might be bad against your claim.

Like what others said, claim it first, you really have nothing to lose. if you win, then you can either do the repair or not..

Just go to ICBC, tell your story and cross your fingers.

twitchyzero 06-03-2011 11:45 PM

go to that bus stop and post a witness wanted ad...it wil likely help you fuck this lying bitch over

wstce92 06-04-2011 12:12 AM

wait, noob question, but even if you weren't in an auto, and in a manual, if you rolled back and hit her, wouldn't that still be her fault for being so close to you?

zulutango 06-04-2011 01:51 PM

It would be a charge of "reverse when unsafe" for the backer-upper.

gretzky 06-04-2011 10:31 PM

k so i cleaned the car and there was a really small dent from the screw almost not noticable... if i claim this would i just get a new bumper??

RevRav 06-04-2011 10:37 PM

^ Nope but you will have your rear bumper refinished. Claim it.
It'll easily cost $700-900 to the opposite party.

wing_woo 06-04-2011 10:44 PM

report it and ICBC will give her 30 days to report as well. If she doesn't, then ICBC will go after her and if she doesn't report it, it would look very suspicious on her side. You don't have to actually fix your car with ICBC if you don't want to go through with it.

gretzky 06-07-2011 06:39 PM

went to icbc to get the damage looked at, the lady that hit me did not make a claim or spoken to icbc yet..

just wondering if i should make a injury claim even though i am not working right and the pain in my neck is almost gone.. i had some pain in my neck the next day after the accident, the thing is the day after the accident i did a tranny change, coolant change and washed car to see marks, but even doing those stuff couldnt of caused neck pain maybe make it worse?? should i still claim injury or is there no point because i am not working

RevRav 06-07-2011 06:45 PM

^ Yes

Vale46Rossi 06-07-2011 06:46 PM

LOL

minor damage and trying to claim for injury.

ruthless 06-07-2011 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gretzky (Post 7463453)
went to icbc to get the damage looked at, the lady that hit me did not make a claim or spoken to icbc yet..

just wondering if i should make a injury claim even though i am not working right and the pain in my neck is almost gone.. i had some pain in my neck the next day after the accident, the thing is the day after the accident i did a tranny change, coolant change and washed car to see marks, but even doing those stuff couldnt of caused neck pain maybe make it worse?? should i still claim injury or is there no point because i am not working

Go to your doctor ASAP and report any injuries, tell him you were involved in an accident and give him the claim number...ICBC will talk to your doctor and get reports from him in terms of an injury claim

gretzky 06-07-2011 10:32 PM

i am not claiming for any money since i am not working atm, i just wanna know if i should bother reporting/claiming injury or not, even though i am pretty much fully healed.. i dont think ill visit the doctor, i am pretty sure ill feel completely fine by tomorrow..

Soundy 06-07-2011 10:37 PM

And if you're NOT fully healed, and the injury comes back to affect future work... then what? You can't go back later and claim, "oh yeah, that crash I was in a year ago, that must be what's affecting my job now!"

See a doctor... worst case, he tells you everything is fine, and you've only lost a little time. If he does find damage, there will be record if there are problems later.

parm104 06-08-2011 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zulutango (Post 7459552)
It would be a charge of "reverse when unsafe" for the backer-upper.

Although I do respect your position as a Peace Officer or a former Peace Officer, I will have to disagree with your statement. Unless the vehicle was put into a REVERSE gear, or if it rolled back an unreasonable amount, the fault would be and is 9/10 placed on the person behind. Regardless of automatic or manual transmission, the vehicle behind you is expected by ICBC standards expected to place themselves in a "safe" distance behind. This includes but is not limited to anticipation of a vehicle "rolling" back...

wing_woo 06-08-2011 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gretzky (Post 7463453)

You can claim it but ICBC does not compensate for personal injury for low impact collisions. It doesn't hurt to have it in the file just in case something did come back after, then at least you have documented proof from your doctor that there were some ill effects, but then you would have to prove to ICBC that it was due to that low impact collision though.