REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 06-03-2011, 04:50 PM   #1
Need my Daily Fix of RS

got rear ended, lady saying i reversed into her

delete, got answears i needed, thanks.
Advertisement

Last edited by gretzky; 06-09-2011 at 08:46 PM.
gretzky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 05:53 PM   #2
Banned (ABWS)

Claim it anyways. You're not at-fault.

Having her plate # should be enough.
If you want, you should take your car to an ICBC estimator to have it checked out for internal damages.
RevRav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 06:54 PM   #3
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Did she get any of your info? If you didn't give her your driver's licence number, there is nothing but her word against yours to prove any of this happened.

But that works both ways.. if she comes up with a fake witness to say you backed up into her, then it's her AND fake witness, and ICBC will believe the bitch.
Old 06-03-2011, 09:23 PM   #4
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,621 Times in 684 Posts
There is a difference between claiming an accident and reporting an accident...You should ALWAYS report an accident because it allows you to have a story/testimony given to ICBC....

Also, if you do change your mind down the road, you have the option of pursuing a claim. If you don't report it within 48hrs, you can say bye-bye to any potential claim. Again, once you report something, that doesn't mean you are pursuing a claim...But a claim cannot be done without a report.
Old 06-03-2011, 11:25 PM   #5
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Not sure about your car, but some cars have data recorder that acts like a black box on a plane. If your car does indeed have this, you could get ICBC to pull the records off of it and prove that your claim is the truth.
Geoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 11:29 PM   #6
I'm invisible

Report it anyways to protect your butt..... If ICBC claims its her fault, you can then decide if you want to repair your own vehicle.
Old 06-03-2011, 11:33 PM   #7
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,726 Times in 546 Posts
don't wash your car. leave it as is, bring it to ICBC first. If you wash it they will ask you why u washed it blah blah blah and might be bad against your claim.

Like what others said, claim it first, you really have nothing to lose. if you win, then you can either do the repair or not..

Just go to ICBC, tell your story and cross your fingers.
bcedhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 11:45 PM   #8
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,822 Times in 3,903 Posts
go to that bus stop and post a witness wanted ad...it wil likely help you fuck this lying bitch over
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 12:12 AM   #9
I STILL don't get it

wait, noob question, but even if you weren't in an auto, and in a manual, if you rolled back and hit her, wouldn't that still be her fault for being so close to you?
wstce92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 01:51 PM   #10
RS Peace Officer

Thanked 1,636 Times in 683 Posts
It would be a charge of "reverse when unsafe" for the backer-upper.
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 10:31 PM   #11
Need my Daily Fix of RS

k so i cleaned the car and there was a really small dent from the screw almost not noticable... if i claim this would i just get a new bumper??
Old 06-04-2011, 10:37 PM   #12
Banned (ABWS)

^ Nope but you will have your rear bumper refinished. Claim it.
It'll easily cost $700-900 to the opposite party.
Old 06-04-2011, 10:44 PM   #13
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

report it and ICBC will give her 30 days to report as well. If she doesn't, then ICBC will go after her and if she doesn't report it, it would look very suspicious on her side. You don't have to actually fix your car with ICBC if you don't want to go through with it.
wing_woo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 06:39 PM   #14
Need my Daily Fix of RS

went to icbc to get the damage looked at, the lady that hit me did not make a claim or spoken to icbc yet..

just wondering if i should make a injury claim even though i am not working right and the pain in my neck is almost gone.. i had some pain in my neck the next day after the accident, the thing is the day after the accident i did a tranny change, coolant change and washed car to see marks, but even doing those stuff couldnt of caused neck pain maybe make it worse?? should i still claim injury or is there no point because i am not working
Old 06-07-2011, 06:45 PM   #15
Banned (ABWS)

^ Yes
Old 06-07-2011, 06:46 PM   #16
I want to be a person and not an icon.

Thanked 5,286 Times in 892 Posts
LOL

minor damage and trying to claim for injury.
Vale46Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 07:24 PM   #17
& Associates Inc.

Thanked 1,215 Times in 409 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gretzky View Post
went to icbc to get the damage looked at, the lady that hit me did not make a claim or spoken to icbc yet..

just wondering if i should make a injury claim even though i am not working right and the pain in my neck is almost gone.. i had some pain in my neck the next day after the accident, the thing is the day after the accident i did a tranny change, coolant change and washed car to see marks, but even doing those stuff couldnt of caused neck pain maybe make it worse?? should i still claim injury or is there no point because i am not working
Go to your doctor ASAP and report any injuries, tell him you were involved in an accident and give him the claim number...ICBC will talk to your doctor and get reports from him in terms of an injury claim
Old 06-07-2011, 10:32 PM   #18
Need my Daily Fix of RS

i am not claiming for any money since i am not working atm, i just wanna know if i should bother reporting/claiming injury or not, even though i am pretty much fully healed.. i dont think ill visit the doctor, i am pretty sure ill feel completely fine by tomorrow..
Old 06-07-2011, 10:37 PM   #19
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
And if you're NOT fully healed, and the injury comes back to affect future work... then what? You can't go back later and claim, "oh yeah, that crash I was in a year ago, that must be what's affecting my job now!"

See a doctor... worst case, he tells you everything is fine, and you've only lost a little time. If he does find damage, there will be record if there are problems later.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-08-2011, 03:18 AM   #20
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,621 Times in 684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zulutango View Post
It would be a charge of "reverse when unsafe" for the backer-upper.
Although I do respect your position as a Peace Officer or a former Peace Officer, I will have to disagree with your statement. Unless the vehicle was put into a REVERSE gear, or if it rolled back an unreasonable amount, the fault would be and is 9/10 placed on the person behind. Regardless of automatic or manual transmission, the vehicle behind you is expected by ICBC standards expected to place themselves in a "safe" distance behind. This includes but is not limited to anticipation of a vehicle "rolling" back...
Old 06-08-2011, 08:31 AM   #21
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gretzky View Post

You can claim it but ICBC does not compensate for personal injury for low impact collisions. It doesn't hurt to have it in the file just in case something did come back after, then at least you have documented proof from your doctor that there were some ill effects, but then you would have to prove to ICBC that it was due to that low impact collision though.
wing_woo is offline   Reply With Quote