REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 07-22-2011, 10:42 PM   #976
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 411ken View Post
Your jersey looks legit based on that picture. I'm pretty sure they now have different versions of jerseys (swingmans) due to the jersey change to revolution 30 (2010-2011 season).

I have a lakers jersey and it looks exactly like yours though another player and I bought it at the adidas store in vegas.

I'll check mine and compare with yours. Usually though, you can tell it's fake as soon as you wear it... maybe that's just me though lol
Sorry that my post is not about hockey jerseys, but for those who buy from Windy City Wholesale, I want your opinion on their products. I have doubts that the Swingman jersey that they sold me is fake. So I went out and bought one just to compare. I know I may be comparing apples to oranges. The tags suggest that the one from WCW is 2009 whereas the one that I bought in a retail store is 2011.

1. Left is WCW, right is retail, both Swingman that retails for $100.

2. Tags are different, but what about the jersey material? WCW has big breathing holes and 2011 has tighter holes?

3. 2009 model uses bigger fonts for player names?

4. 2009 model leaves the middle of "B", "R", and "A" unstitched?

5. The "Lakers" logo looks the same. The NBA logo is not as defined but this can be a matter of angle in the picture.

6. 2011 model uses better quality fonts and logo? Notice the diamond shaped shadows.

7. Insides are quite different, but that should only a difference between years.

8. Both tags look legit, I tried looking for the codes on Google but no luck.

I have (and can take) more pictures if interested. To me, the material for the seams feel and look the same. The base material for the jersey is obviously different. To me, WCW model looks good except the unstitiched name parts. I would be very disappointed and will file a Paypal chargeback if I have enough evidence to suggest that the jersey is fake.

Advertisement
TRDood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 10:49 PM   #977

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
Just remember, as time progresses, company's often use different materials for their clothing.

Meaning the WCW jersey could have been from a stock that was [lets say] 6 months ago, while the jersey you bought was from a stock that was [lets say again] 2 months ago.

I'm 100% positive the WCW Canucks jerseys we ordered were authentic. I'm not sure about NBA jerseys though.

But right now, your best bet would be to go to multiple retailers or email Adidas to confirm the authenticity.
Old 07-22-2011, 11:03 PM   #978
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeedee View Post
Just remember, as time progresses, company's often use different materials for their clothing.

Meaning the WCW jersey could have been from a stock that was [lets say] 6 months ago, while the jersey you bought was from a stock that was [lets say again] 2 months ago.

I'm 100% positive the WCW Canucks jerseys we ordered were authentic. I'm not sure about NBA jerseys though.

But right now, your best bet would be to go to multiple retailers or email Adidas to confirm the authenticity.
I tried looking at real vs. fake pictures, but the information is too scattered to make any meaningful comparisons. That's why I hope Ken can whip out his jersey bought from Vegas or seeking other member's help to compare if their jerseys are the same.

I don't mind having a 2009 model, but I have issues with the company selling fakes when their products are advertised as legit.
TRDood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 11:27 PM   #979
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Post up pics of your Canucks jerseys if you're unsure.
Old 07-22-2011, 11:42 PM   #980

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hype View Post
Before you go ahead and rip the guy a new one, I'm pretty sure by "spilling drinks on" he was referring to the fabric on the premier/edge jerseys called Xtrafil. It's water repellant. It's also why they switched to airknit on all the team issued edge jerseys because players hated it. In reading his post he didn't make any snide remarks or come off with an attitude. He just said he had no problem buying an authentic of his favorite player and used premiers for messing around. What's wrong with that?

If I wasn't in a position to get authentic edge jerseys for cheap, I probably wouldn't buy them, or my collection wouldn't be what it is. Cheap edge jerseys can be had, you just have to know where to look!
X-trafil is only on the Edge, not Premier. Spill a drink on the Premiers and it won't repel the liquid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueG2 View Post
I would never get an "edge" jersey to wear because 1) it is heavy as hell and hot to wear going out 2)it cost too much to wear... i don't need to wear a jersey with a fight strap 3)i don't wear hockey jerseys in general because i don't think they are fashionable at all 4)i only wear them if i am going to a game, or if it is playoff game nights.

those are MY reasons.. not knocking anyone who wears them daily or what not.... I wouldn't spend anything more than a premier because the premier's actually look really good unlike the replicas of old.

I am also the type that would never wear a team jersey for pickup or any kind of hockey unless it was a practice jersey.

Lastly, I would only get an edge jersey if it were framed and signed.
The RBK Premiers are inferior in every way compared to the replicas of old. Reebok still makes their AHL jerseys in Canada and if you were to compare them to their NHL counterparts you would be surprised in the difference in fit and quality.

The Starter replica jerseys were my favorite even though they were made in Korea. It had a stitched front crest (not heat pressed like you see nowadays), double elbows, double shoulders, gussets in the underarm. It was everything the authentic jersey was minus the fight strap. Pro Player made a pretty decent replica as well when they were around. The current Reebok jerseys are garbage compared to the replicas from the 90's/early 2000s. They have none of the features I just mentioned.

If Starter and Pro Player had the resources to make decent replica jerseys in Asia 10-15 years ago I'm pretty sure Reebok can do the same if they wanted, they just choose not to.
Old 07-23-2011, 02:35 AM   #981
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDood View Post
Sorry that my post is not about hockey jerseys, but for those who buy from Windy City Wholesale, I want your opinion on their products. I have doubts that the Swingman jersey that they sold me is fake. So I went out and bought one just to compare. I know I may be comparing apples to oranges. The tags suggest that the one from WCW is 2009 whereas the one that I bought in a retail store is 2011.

2. Tags are different, but what about the jersey material? WCW has big breathing holes and 2011 has tighter holes?

5. The "Lakers" logo looks the same. The NBA logo is not as defined but this can be a matter of angle in the picture.

6. 2011 model uses better quality fonts and logo? Notice the diamond shaped shadows.

7. Insides are quite different, but that should only a difference between years.

I have (and can take) more pictures if interested. To me, the material for the seams feel and look the same. The base material for the jersey is obviously different. To me, WCW model looks good except the unstitiched name parts. I would be very disappointed and will file a Paypal chargeback if I have enough evidence to suggest that the jersey is fake.

lol, as I said.

Yes, that jersey you bought from WCW is older. NBA changed their jerseys now so most stores like champs, etc. usually sell the "REVOLUTION 30" version now and not the ones like WCW with the "holes".

I have the EXACT same jersey as you but another player and one thing I noticed are
1. everything for me are stitched (name,number,lakers, etc).
2. Mine was made in El Salvador lol
3. Mine has a white tag right after the 2nd black tag and it states the model # or something lol

whwere do you see what year yours is from? maybe mine is different. I bought mine from Adidas store in vegas though .

I'll try to post pictures for u or send it to u
411ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 02:38 AM   #982
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDood View Post

WCW are liquidators, the stuff they have in stock are probably older models or factory returns/rejects.
spideyv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 07:38 AM   #983
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

im no expert on nba jerseys...but if this is fake, then wow...thats some real nice knock off quality...

but i don't think thats the case here after looking at ur nba jersey....i mean if its fakes, then its gotta fuk up at one area at least...but everything does look real in ur case....
Old 07-23-2011, 10:44 AM   #984
UFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippynixx View Post
People that do not buy authentic jerseys usually don't for 1 reason...price

Why is it so important that a jersey be legit when the majority of people can not spot one anyways (provided its not printed NASLAND and the numbers are straight).

If someone is that big of a fan that it has to be legit why aren't they goin one step further and buying the real thing.
Price is the big one, but going 'just' one step further means paying twice the price for essentially the same thing at the end of the day, a jersey.

For me, a legit replica (Premier) is important because supporting the team is not just about wearing the colours and jersey, obviously the jersies are likely coming from similar Asian sweatshop factories, but when you buy a legit jersey a portion of the funds are going back to the team, the league, and to support the bunk-ass NHL teams like Phoenix and Florida.

People buying fake replicas from resellers are saving maybe $30-40, getting a product that is blatantly fake in most cases, and in some situations are scammed by unknowingly buying these fakes as legits. If you can only afford $50-70 to support your team and you choose to do it with a fake replica, whatever I won't cast judgement. But I don't believe in the "If you care you buy Edge, if not you may as well skip the legit Premier and buy fakes"
UFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 10:53 AM   #985

I can understand if people don't have knowledge on jerseys, but if you can only afford $50-$70 to support your team, why not buy an NHL licensed shirt?

The debate on buying/wearing fake jerseys can always go on and on, but I personally would never wear or buy a fake, even if it's for playing in.
Old 07-23-2011, 12:10 PM   #986
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,763 Times in 592 Posts
That nba adidas 08 09 swingman is real, the quality is a little shitty compare to the 2011's ones.
If u dont want it ill take it off u
shawn79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 12:11 PM   #987
Big Drama Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn79 View Post
That nba adidas 08 09 swingman is real, the quality is a little shitty compare to the 2011's ones.
If u dont want it ill take it off u
He's back
Old 07-24-2011, 10:34 AM   #988
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

welcome back shawn....you wanna tell us what happened? but don't go into too much details or else you might be banned for another time?
Old 07-24-2011, 06:02 PM   #989

If anyone's still looking for the draft hat, I managed to grab this WITH the finals patch for cheaper:

NHL VANCOUVER CANUCKS STANLEY CUP HAT CAP REEBOK | eBay

$20CDN, and it retails $33.58 after taxes without the patch at SportChek.
Old 07-24-2011, 06:13 PM   #990
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
Ok so being from Winnipeg I have to buy a new jets jersey. My issue is which player should I get?
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 06:31 PM   #991
Banned (ABWS)

EASY, get a evander kane jersey
This post thanked by:
Old 07-24-2011, 06:33 PM   #992
In RS I Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn79 View Post
EASY, get a evander kane jersey
yep thats what I was thinking as well
Old 07-24-2011, 06:44 PM   #993

Teemu selanne, murd0c
Posted via RS Mobile
jeedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 06:52 PM   #994
In RS I Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeedee View Post
Teemu selanne, murd0c
Posted via RS Mobile
I was thinking Dale Howerchuk

and no I would never buy a jersey of a player who never played in it.
Old 07-24-2011, 08:23 PM   #995
G
Banned (BBM)

Anyone know where to get cheap NHL jerseys for hockey use?
G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 09:40 PM   #996
Big Drama Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by G View Post
Anyone know where to get cheap NHL jerseys for hockey use?
Search Results - Macy's

they have boston and ny rangers left for cheap. I managed to get a Capitals jersey for 29.99, obvs gonna use it for hockey use
Old 07-24-2011, 11:26 PM   #997
Banned (ABWS)

no more bruins id get a nyr for lundqvist
shipping is $24!

someone wanna help me get a rangers jersey in size small?
Old 07-24-2011, 11:27 PM   #998
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayare604 View Post
Search Results - Macy's

they have boston and ny rangers left for cheap. I managed to get a Capitals jersey for 29.99, obvs gonna use it for hockey use
unfortunately, two teams that eliminated the Canucks in game 7 Stanley Cup finals.
BLUETIGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 11:30 PM   #999
Banned (ABWS)

Take an EXTRA 20% off! CODE:REFRESH

lets group buy it all!! size small and mediums left
Old 07-24-2011, 11:41 PM   #1000
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,647 Times in 2,303 Posts
Vansterdam is online now   Reply With Quote