REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Police Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/police-forum_143/)
-   -   traffic ticket (https://www.revscene.net/forums/647376-traffic-ticket.html)

ad3c 06-10-2011 08:51 AM

traffic ticket

Does anyone know what happens if the officer made an error while writing the ticket down. I recently got a ticket where the cop wrote down my birthdate on the violation date box.

I recall hearing/reading somewhere that this voids the ticket. Anyone have any experience with this situation?

Thanks.

Dragon-88 06-10-2011 09:08 AM

Unless hes made a huge mistake, minor stuff like that wont void anything.. Basically if the ticket still mentions that your the offender then thats all it takes.. This has been mentioned in the Police forums, use it when you have any police related questions.

RevRav 06-10-2011 10:45 AM

:failed:

Learn your lesson and pay up.
Stop trying to look for ways to escape it.

/thread

ad3c 06-10-2011 11:03 AM

thanks for the info dragon-88.

and buddy dont get all self righteous on me, if you can save money you will unless your a tool.

parm104 06-10-2011 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ad3c (Post 7467045)
thanks for the info dragon-88.

and buddy dont get all self righteous on me, if you can save money you will unless your a tool.

And only a tool would make a thread about a "police issuing a ticket" in a section other than the "Police Forum."

Also, a tool wouldn't know the difference between "your" and YOU'RE".

I'm not by any means calling you a tool, just letting you know what one would do...

ad3c 06-10-2011 11:22 AM

I don't spend enough time on rs to know that there's a police forum.

and yea spelling police on an internet message board, that's original.

just shut this thread down. now i remember why i stopped going on rs.

Joreus 06-10-2011 11:39 AM

This is called "sifting".

RevRav 06-10-2011 12:33 PM

If you want to save money, drive slowly....properly....and legally.

Or better yet....take the bus. It will save you money alright.

frozen 06-10-2011 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RevRav (Post 7467150)
If you want to save money, drive slowly....properly....and legally.

Or better yet....take the bus. It will save you money alright.

Anyone who doesn't drive at 50km/h has a chance to be ticketed, and it's normal for people wanting to save money or find a way to escape it. Not siding with OP here but your comments are annoying.

Alby 06-10-2011 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ad3c (Post 7467065)
I don't spend enough time on rs to know that there's a police forum.

and yea spelling police on an internet message board, that's original.

just shut this thread down. now i remember why i stopped going on rs.

i think you've spent more than enough time to know.

quasi 06-10-2011 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frozen (Post 7467405)
Anyone who doesn't drive at 50km/h has a chance to be ticketed, and it's normal for people wanting to save money or find a way to escape it. Not siding with OP here but your comments are annoying.

I must be abnormal. I've had lots of tickets over my 18 years of driving most of them when I was younger. I've never once even thought about fighting any of them, I was guilty everytime. Gotta pay to play.

The_AK 06-11-2011 12:55 AM

don't pay, fight the power, they get paid enough

/waits for angelic forum members to tell me i'm wrong, to pay, and to follow society

JordanLee 06-11-2011 01:26 AM

Wait, so this guy gets busted for doing offense X and when RSers give sound advice this guy calls you tools? What has the world come to? No one is stopping you from disputing, you have a right to do so. But when members are pointing it out to you there's a certain forum to ask these things, it's nice to just nod and thank people for the advice. It's the reason why you came here in the first place.

frozen 06-11-2011 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quasi (Post 7467831)
I must be abnormal. I've had lots of tickets over my 18 years of driving most of them when I was younger. I've never once even thought about fighting any of them, I was guilty everytime. Gotta pay to play.

You really indeed are. I've fought 5 tickets and 4 of them were dropped. Popos love good boys that submit their asses to them nicely. Keep up the good work.

The_AK 06-11-2011 09:07 AM

To be honest, the only reason to fight them is so you could pay them at a later date without getting your license taken away. When you dispute it takes about a year or so for it to actually go through, in the meantime if you're still an L or N driver you should look into trying to pass your Class 5 license.

parm104 06-11-2011 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frozen (Post 7468178)
You really indeed are. I've fought 5 tickets and 4 of them were dropped. Popos love good boys that submit their asses to them nicely. Keep up the good work.

Right but how many of those times did you come on a forum asking for advice?? Furthermore, how many times have you seen on this forum, people asking for advice on how to dispute a ticket?

It's the same thing everytime!!! "Hello, I got ticket X and Constable _ _ _ _ forgot to do Y, can I dispute it?"

Simply fill in the X and Y with your own scenario and look at the responses from previous threads!

sho_bc 06-11-2011 06:49 PM

And getting back on topic....

ICBC will probably punt the ticket back to the member asking them to re-serve it.

quasi 06-13-2011 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frozen (Post 7468178)

I don't have facts in front of me but I can guarantee that most people don't fight their tickets or look for a way to get out of them and it isn't even close. I guess I'm a good boy who has been taken to school by the popo. Props to you for beating the system and taking it to the man. :fullofwin:

zulutango 06-13-2011 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quasi (Post 7470622)
. Props to you for beating the system and taking it to the man. :fullofwin:

Wow...are you having acid flashbacks to the 1970's too? Bummer dude. :fullofwin:

quasi 06-13-2011 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zulutango (Post 7470631)
Wow...are you having acid flashbacks to the 1970's too? Bummer dude. :fullofwin:

haha.

zulutango 06-13-2011 05:25 PM

Yeh....it's pretty sad when ya go from..."stickin it to th man".....to the man that it's bein' stuck to. Life is just not fair. :):devil:

Soundy 06-14-2011 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zulutango (Post 7471063)
Yeh....it's pretty sad when ya go from..."stickin it to th man".....to the man that it's bein' stuck to. Life is just not fair. :):devil:

Actually, that sounds eminently fair, spending time on both sides of the equation.

Besides, you gotta give a little, take a little... let your poor heart break a little...

:alone: