REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 02-18-2012, 04:18 PM   #2826
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
^ the main reason why he got the charges he did because although he didnt loot anything, his actions incited others to do the same..

and i dont care how good of a guy you think he is, the guy is a skid for even having the mentality to commit those actions, every single person i associate myself with would never even be around people like your "friend"
Normally i dont associate myself with those kind of people either. But hes normally not like that. Stupid decions get made by the best of us. Hes serving plenty of time in prison so im sure he will learn his lesson. This will follow him for the rest of his life, last thing he needs is to be singled out for minor crimes, having his picture plastered all over the newspapers and internet, meanwile there are people who have done things 10x worse, and their names have yet to be mentioned.
Posted via RS Mobile
Advertisement
S13SRiding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 04:41 PM   #2827
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Life sucks. Scapegoats and all that. Quit rationalizing and making excuses. No one cares and as the first guy gettin the shaft he will receive hate no matter what.
Posted via RS Mobile
Hot Karl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 04:51 PM   #2828
The Lone Wanderator

Thanked 4,367 Times in 1,137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha v2 View Post
there were others who drank at the riot.. they didn't do anything
Or people like me who were drinking/drunk downtown, and then figured "man, shit's gonna go down no matter which way this goes" and got the fuck out of dodge the instant the game ended, and called for our bill 10 minutes before the game ended.
Graeme S is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-18-2012, 04:54 PM   #2829
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by S13SRiding View Post
But he is genuinly a good guy getting singled out. He threw a news stand thru an unmarked cop car and one window.

/end rant
Posted via RS Mobile
All I read was "blah blah blah excuses all he did was put a news stand through a car window blah blah so many people are worse".

WTF?!? All he did? Show of hands, people that have thrown a news paper box through any windows, let alone cars, unmarked police or otherwise.

There are people that always seem to be at the wrong place at the wrong time. The question is, are you at that place at the wrong time, or did it go wrong because you were there.

The judge obviously noted that his event was early enough to be a cause-A cause, not THE cause of the riot. The judge in both cases has made a point of saying that your boy can't handle his liquor because he seems to lose all judgement when he is around it.

I'm sure that you think he's this great guy that gets caught up in things. Dude, I don't know him, but what I do know of him is when he's drinking, he throws punches and news paper boxes without much thought. He doesn't come across as this 'great guy', he comes across as a douche.
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-18-2012, 04:56 PM   #2830
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,799 Times in 1,763 Posts
Quote:

Its the fucking stanley cup, who isnt going to drink?
PEOPLE WHO ARE ON FUCKING BAIL!
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-18-2012, 05:03 PM   #2831
The Lone Wanderator

Thanked 4,367 Times in 1,137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great68 View Post
PEOPLE WHO ARE ON FUCKING BAIL!
The point of a punishment isn't to try and go without something, it's to actually go without something. Let's imagine your buddy had stuck with his bail conditions.

Instead of "Wooooooooo! I'm fucking drunk bitches! Lookit me throw this shit through the window! Wooooooooo!"

It might have been: "Goddamnit, I wish I could be partying with everyone else. This fucking sucks. I can't have any fun when I'm on bail. I guess I should make sure I don't go fucking nuts again. Oh, well. At least I'm not gonna go back to jail for being in that riot."
Graeme S is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-18-2012, 10:30 PM   #2832
I bringith the lowerballerith

Quote:
Ready to get flamed here, but oh well.

I know ryan, hes a good friend of mine. And ill be the first to say he is a FUCKING IDIOT for doing what he did. But everyone making these comments saying theyd like to shit kick him for this is no better. He has done stupid shit in th past, his probation for his "assult charge" isnt cause he went and randomly beat the shit out of someone. He was on a party bus and after tye bus people there started a fight with another group of people. He was not part of it until he saw his friend getting the shit kicked out of him, he went to break it up and the guy hit him and threw him to the ground. Wheb he got up he hit the guy once. One of the people of the other group suffered bad injuries that is why EVERYONE got charged. He got time served and 6 month probation because he didnt play a major part.

He breached because one of his conditions was no alcohol.

Its the fucking stanley cup, who isnt going to drink? (Besides recovering addicts and 11 year olds)

My point is hes the first to get charged, and thats because he turned himself in. He was trying to turn his life around, had a good job etc. I am NOT defending his actions, it was stupid what he did, and despicable. But he is genuinly a good guy getting singled out. He threw a news stand thru an unmarked cop car and one window. He didnt go around looting thousands of dollars of murchandise, shit kicking people, of starting giant infurnos.

The media is "making an example" out of him. And our justice system and media is equally fucked. There was a guy who 19 years old went to the sane jail as ryan for assulting a police officer during the riot. HE WAS RELEASED TWO WEEKS LATER. Just because hes all over the media does NOT mean he should be singled out. Hes a normal 20 year old guy. People get caught up in the heat of the moment, he felt remorse and turned himself in. Now hes the posterboy for the riots for probably the smallest crime commited there.

/end rant
Posted via RS Mobile
This post here is a perfect example on why you are friends with him....both of you are fucking idiots.You and him need to have your balls chopped off so you two cannot procreate and pass on the stupid gene to the next generation.

You actually think what your pal did was a small crime? I would fucking hate to know what you think is a serious crime.
spyker is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-18-2012, 10:41 PM   #2833
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 3,712 Times in 467 Posts
Quote:
Ready to get flamed here, but oh well.

My point is hes the first to get charged, and thats because he turned himself in.
Posted via RS Mobile

He wouldn't have turned himself in if there weren't pictures everywhere of him participating in the riot.

Zoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 11:11 PM   #2834
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Normally i dont associate myself with those kind of people either. But hes normally not like that. Stupid decions get made by the best of us.
Now if I remember the radio reports correctly, even going downtown was a breach of his conditions. So there's one stupid decision, and the game hadn't even started yet. Being drunk was another breach - strike two.

You say this parole stems from his stepping into a fight to protect a buddy... well that's an admirable trait, sticking up for a pal. If he was such a good, upstanding citizen, he would have known better than to commit TWO breaches of his probation BEFORE THE RIOT EVEN STARTED. If he was so smart, the minute shit started going down, he should have though, "Damn, I can't get caught in this - I'm on probation being drunk and in this area will land me back in jail!"

But noooooo, he not only chose to stick around, he chose to get right in the middle of it - strike three, soon to be followed by four, five, and six.

Quote:
He threw a news stand thru an unmarked cop car and one window. He didnt go around looting thousands of dollars of murchandise, shit kicking people, of starting giant infurnos.
So causing thousands of dollars in damage is somehow more excusable than looting thousands of dollars in merch?

From the news report: "He later boasted about his actions on Facebook."
I'm sorry, but even putting all the rest aside, this marks your buddy as a first-class idiot. BEING DRUNK AND DOWNTOWN WAS A BREACH OF HIS PREVIOUS CONDITIONS AND HE'S BRAGGING ABOUT IT ALL ON FACEBOOK?!?! What a fucking moron.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-12-2012, 08:16 AM   #2835
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,454 Times in 813 Posts
Just thought I'd put this here:

Metro - VPD on

And say: "Wow, the police paid a $14,000 printing fee.."
[17-03, 09:23] Amuro Ray is it normal for my dick to have things growing on it?
Quote:
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna You guise are like diet coke and I am the mentos
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna Incredible. How easy it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
I'm scared of spiders... When I see one I toss my cats at it
melloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 08:24 AM   #2836
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
the stupid thing is, Taxpayers are eating the bill because of their stupid actions...

that pisses me off.. AT least televise the damn court hearing..
Old 03-12-2012, 08:37 AM   #2837
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,514 Times in 4,905 Posts
Vancouver Police Foundation paid for the printing and not taxpayers.

It would be nice if these people were forced to pay for the damages they caused, but I guess you can't get blood from a stone.

http://www.metronews.ca/vancouver/lo...usiness-owners

Waiting for civil lawsuits.........

Last edited by MG1; 03-12-2012 at 08:48 AM.
MG1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:50 AM   #2838
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrariEnzo View Post
the stupid thing is, Taxpayers are eating the bill because of their stupid actions...

that pisses me off.. AT least televise the damn court hearing..
christy clarke was planning to do that originally, but many people figured it
was part of her plan to get political points. the courts told her flat out 'no' because it would delay court dates even more, setting up cables, how it would be showcased etc... on top of that, who's going to pay for that that shit? it's not free to televise it.

just recently were more judges added to the budget; hired because of a flood of cases being thrown out. televising requires planning and time... and i am sure they don't have time for that because other more important cases are being thrown out.
Pooface55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 11:01 AM   #2839
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

I see posters at work about this riot..
see.lai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:49 PM   #2840
easy e

Has a punishment of labour been thought of for such criminals? Put them to work, feed them the basics and make them pay it all back. But then the question would be of craftsmanship, and housing/transporting/and monitoring of their every move.
Posted via RS Mobile
saiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:37 PM   #2841
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Human rights wackos would be all over that.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 07:57 AM   #2842
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by saiko View Post
Has a punishment of labour been thought of for such criminals? Put them to work, feed them the basics and make them pay it all back. But then the question would be of craftsmanship, and housing/transporting/and monitoring of their every move.
Posted via RS Mobile
If you use them as free labor, you start to put people out of their jobs to accommodate a temporary force of free labor.

I just want to check in here...is anyone else starting to think that this riot thing is still snowballing out of hand? I'm tired of seeing Jim Chu on the news all the time pimping the same idea of "turn in your friends and neighbors" campaign, with yet another poster.

Every time it comes up, all I can think is, you stand a better chance of getting away with killing hookers in this city, then breaking some windows.

It's been close to a year...can we wrap this up? We charged 150 of the worst offenders...awesome. Karma grab the rest. Have a nice day.
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-13-2012, 08:54 AM   #2843
I am grateful grapefruit

ya - free labour isn't the best idea. I'm all for them contributing back to the community - like having them clean up the sides of the highways, etc.
Old 03-13-2012, 01:51 PM   #2844
RS controls my life!

Yea, I would be fine with letting Ryan Dickinson walk if he agrees to do 2400 hours of community service
GGnoRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:47 AM   #2845
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

How many people are in the process of being charged now?
timbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 10:04 AM   #2846
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

UBC student from Richmond admits taking part in Stanley Cup riot
i-VTEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 10:15 AM   #2847
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

'Pleaaseee, not the treees!!!! Yesssss, Black & Leeeeee"
pure.life is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-13-2012, 01:28 PM   #2848
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,910 Times in 606 Posts
i went to high school with this troglodyte, she gets everything thats coming to her. what a self serving cunt
Sid Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-13-2012, 01:45 PM   #2849
kwy
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,715 Times in 595 Posts
looks like a dude
kwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 05:39 PM   #2850
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Didn't know she was from Richmond.

Throw many books at her and all the other morons.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote