REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 06-11-2013, 11:39 AM   #3101
Survivor MOD

Thanked 1,623 Times in 577 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvst8 View Post
What I am trying to get at is that we have a girl whose life has turned for the worst that catalysed from one mistake. Her life has been affected and calling her out isn't going to help her positively develop. Lets not all focus on the negative shes done. From what I've read she seemed like a normal person before all of this. University grad, volunteers, athlete......etc...
why not call her out?

she's breaching her conditions of release. obviously she doesn't care about the law, the least that society can do is publicly chastise her for her actions.
Advertisement
T4RAWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 11:44 AM   #3102
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Its sad that the media has to call out Camille Cacnio for every wrong she does. What's worst is that some of you guys continue to feed off of it. I bet most of you wouldn't be able to handle the emotion strain of being on the news. Whether you liked her apology or not, she apologized amongst others who didn't. To continue to report her every move is just bullying. She stayed out past her curfew big f'ing deal. What time do you go to bed?
You sound like her BF?

I think you are missing the point, the judge gave her a suspended sentence which was a curfew and a prohibition of alcohol. Now if she was a good girl and did what she was told without violating her probation, she would have been let off free. But now she violated her probation order and is blaming the cop and her medical issues.

She should ask herself why was she out and consuming alcohol in the first place. She got let off easy so far and I hope the judge throws the book at her as a final sentence.
tarobbt is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-11-2013, 11:46 AM   #3103
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
What I am trying to get at is that we have a girl whose life has turned for the worst that catalysed from one mistake. Her life has been affected and calling her out isn't going to help her positively develop. Lets not all focus on the negative shes done. From what I've read she seemed like a normal person before all of this. University grad, volunteers, athlete......etc...
She kind of brings it on herself. It started with her so called apology which was nothing more then an opening statement so she could get out why it was so uncharacteristic and basically why what she did wasn't her fault. I compare it to starting a sentence with, "I'm not racist but" line right before you say something racist.

Read her apology, I can almost guarantee if it ended right before "Her Story" and she didn't do stupid shit like go clubbing "Allegedly" instead of obeying her curfew and doing what's she suppose to do well on probation most people wouldn't even know her name or who she is at this point. Honestly, she draws so much attention to herself and then wonders why people are paying attention to her.

Her excuses......I mean apology.

Dear Vancouver, I am sorry. | Original version, before the edit of

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 11:50 AM   #3104
#savethemanuals

Thanked 2,551 Times in 950 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarobbt View Post
You sound like her BF?

I think you are missing the point, the judge gave her a suspended sentence which was a curfew and a prohibition of alcohol. Now if she was a good girl and did what she was told without violating her probation, she would have been let off free. But now she violated her probation order and is blaming the cop and her medical issues.

She should ask herself why was she out and consuming alcohol in the first place. She got let off easy so far and I hope the judge throws the book at her as a final sentence.
Breach of probation usually means a jail sentence. She might end up serving time behind bars after all. We need to wait for the court decision to see whether they accepted her defence or not.
Energy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 11:55 AM   #3105
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

ANYONE DUMB ENOUGH TO DO THAT SHIT AND NOT REALIZE OR CARE 1,000 PEOPLE ARE FILMING DESERVES WHATEVER THEY GET!! ENDOF STORY.

FUCK THAT BROAD.
E-SPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-11-2013, 12:17 PM   #3106
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

The boyfriend's action will only make the media want more of her in future court appearances to try and stir up what he is going to do. And how old is the boyfriend? He looks like he is in his mid 40s. His dumb actions makes for an entertaining news segment LOL
Posted via RS Mobile
MTV Cribs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 12:32 PM   #3107
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-SPEC View Post

FUCK THAT BROAD.
Wondering if that made you feel better about yourself?
dvst8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 12:35 PM   #3108
My homepage has been set to RS

just saw the footage. they are all scumbags

this. is . canada. where one an be given so much liberty that scumbags are free to flow, wander and please

[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 i find that at vietnamese place they cut ur hair like they cut grass
[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 do u go to vietnamese places for haircuts
trancehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 12:46 PM   #3109
Survivor MOD

Quote:
Wondering if that made you feel better about yourself?
given E-Spec's posting history...

yes.. yes it probably did make him feel better...

are you :butthurt:?

This post thanked by:
Old 06-11-2013, 12:50 PM   #3110
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4RAWR View Post
given E-Spec's posting history...

yes.. yes it probably did make him feel better...

are you :butthurt:?

Nope, you :butthurt:?
Old 06-11-2013, 12:52 PM   #3111
Survivor MOD

Quote:
Nope, you :butthurt:?
Nah
Old 06-11-2013, 12:56 PM   #3112
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Kidnapman is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-11-2013, 01:21 PM   #3113
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarobbt View Post
You sound like her BF?

She may get a pass on the curfew, but the alcohol is going to be a tough one to explain.

Now, can anyone think of a study conducted on the alcohol content on semen and its use as a legal defense?
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 01:43 PM   #3114
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
Quote:

I'd hate to see that she'd committed suicide when its all said and done. The media/online shaming would have a lot to do with it.
yes, she made a mistake(rioting/stealing). look how it affected her, she lost her job, cant even get one now probably.

she made another mistake with her half assed apology letter. I woulda been happy with an apology letter that said "I fucked up...im willing to pay for my mistakes"(at least then the judge might even go easy on her)

then she made another mistake(breaching her probation - not only was she drinking and driving, but also out past her curfew).

how many chances are we supposed to give this girl?

slap the girl in cuffs, and throw her in a cell for a few months...id suggest house arrest...but that would probably be a party for her...having people come over and brining alcohol, fast food, watching tv all day...
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 02:12 PM   #3115
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Quote:
Its sad that the media has to call out Camille Cacnio for every wrong she does. What's worst is that some of you guys continue to feed off of it. I bet most of you wouldn't be able to handle the emotion strain of being on the news. Whether you liked her apology or not, she apologized amongst others who didn't. To continue to report her every move is just bullying. She stayed out past her curfew big f'ing deal. What time do you go to bed?
Oh, I like where this is going.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 02:17 PM   #3116
...in the world.

I'll just say this.

If you act like a douchebag in public, the public isn't at fault when they call you out on it.
Old 06-11-2013, 02:37 PM   #3117
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,070 Times in 229 Posts
Sorry i haven't been keeping up with this stuff lately but did they ever charge this guy?

Shorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 02:55 PM   #3118
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewie View Post
yes, she made a mistake(rioting/stealing). look how it affected her, she lost her job, cant even get one now probably.

she made another mistake with her half assed apology letter. I woulda been happy with an apology letter that said "I fucked up...im willing to pay for my mistakes"(at least then the judge might even go easy on her)

then she made another mistake(breaching her probation - not only was she drinking and driving, but also out past her curfew).

how many chances are we supposed to give this girl?

slap the girl in cuffs, and throw her in a cell for a few months...id suggest house arrest...but that would probably be a party for her...having people come over and brining alcohol, fast food, watching tv all day...
- Yup, she lost her job. She cant find a new one now. She cant be productive in society. You happy?
- Oh I didn't know she owed you an apology. What did she do to you? She apologized to people/groups that mattered to her.
- She breached her probation.....That's her problem not yours. Need her to apologize?
- How many chances? Again, she owes you nothing.You make it sound like she's a murderer or something. All the things she's done are petty, Yet everyone likes to blow her up like a real criminal.

I don't know this girl nor think that the wrongs she done are right. But I'd hate to see someone turn into a bad apple from all of this attention.

Last edited by dvst8; 06-11-2013 at 03:01 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-11-2013, 03:05 PM   #3119
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Oh, I like where this is going.
This is probably going to be a losing battle for me. Oh well.
Old 06-11-2013, 03:05 PM   #3120
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

No shit..i dunno why you guys keep pickin on this girl..she paid her dues and suffered enough..mob mentality I guess.. Lets go after the good girl, university student , athlete ..met this girl,she's actually pretty cool...

Why don't you guys after the fat douchebag dustin or the Olympic polo guy..

Revscene is fucked and full of bullying..
Old 06-11-2013, 03:06 PM   #3121
SardaukarMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorn View Post
Sorry i haven't been keeping up with this stuff lately but did they ever charge this guy?

nothing that i can find out from BC Court Services Online (assuming that Brock ANTON is his real name and that he was born in 1988 and has the middle name of Ernst).

https://eservice.ag.gov.bc.ca/cso/cr...iceId=17324017

we'd be looking for an agency file number prefix of "401" which would denote that it is a VPD file.

this isn't to say that he isn't/wasn't a suspect. just that either the police haven't finished their investigation to lay charges or that Crown hasn't approved the charges yet.
2002 Volkswagen GTI 337 in Reflex Silver (SOLD)
2007 Suzuki SV650N in Oort Grey (SOLD)
seakrait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 03:12 PM   #3122
The Lone Wanderator

Thanked 4,367 Times in 1,137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinamix View Post
No shit..i dunno why you guys keep pickin on this girl..she paid her dues and suffered enough..mob mentality I guess.. Lets go after the good girl, university student , athlete ..met this girl,she's actually pretty cool...

Why don't you guys after the fat douchebag dustin or the Olympic polo guy..

Revscene is fucked and full of bullying..
The same reason that the kid who says "But everyone else was doing it!" gets punished more. You are essentially saying that you hold no personal responsibility for your actions. Everyone else is taking their punishments and going "Well fuck, I screwed up. Better keep my head down."

If you're at work and you get in trouble for fucking up a big project, I'm pretty sure you'd do your best to show that you're not a fuck up by showing up early (if not very on time), and never leaving before you're supposed to. It's common sense: When you fuck up, you work hard to show everyone that it isn't YOU, it's that single thing. The more you try and blame it on other people, the more it shows your own lack of accountability and integrity.

The others? They'll get their due, they'll do their time, and they'll come out of it better or worse. But her? She's trying to avoid paying for what she's done by casting blame on EVERYONE and EVERYTHING else. She still doesn't understand. She. Was. Wrong. Her anger is that other people don't understand she wasn't wrong. Everyone's reaction is the anger that she doesn't understand that she was wrong.

Tit for tat.
Graeme S is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-11-2013, 03:18 PM   #3123
#savethemanuals

Thanked 2,551 Times in 950 Posts
If I made a mistake and was lucky enough to get a suspended sentence, I would be super thankful that I didn't have to go to prison. I would be on my best behaviour for the duration of the probation period.

Yet she flagrantly disregards the probation order. We would not even be talking about her any more if she wasn't so disrespectful. The court essentially gave her a chance to move on with her life but she threw that back at their faces. Making a mistake like that after already making a pretty big mistake in the first place is just stupid.

I'm all for forgiving and second chances but how many chances does she get? Her initial sentence was ok for me but she just ignores it like it was nothing. There has to be consequences.
Energy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-11-2013, 06:12 PM   #3124
...in the world.

Quote:
- Oh I didn't know she owed you an apology. What did she do to you? She apologized to people/groups that mattered to her.
Every single person involved in the riot owes me an apology. At the least.

They destroyed a big chunk of the city I live in. They brought the ridicule of the world on us. Most of all, their court cases cost taxpayers money and the police their time that could be better used fighting other crimes.

I don't care what anyone says...they literally stole out of our pockets by wrecking our own city. Who do you think pays the cost here? EVERYONE in Vancouver. The riots and the subsequent court battles cost a ton of money...money that could've gone elsewhere. If I were in power, every single person involved in the riot would have to work rebuilding and cleaning up until their monetary debt is paid.
Old 06-11-2013, 06:14 PM   #3125
...in the world.

Are there any other women charged in the riots? Curious.