REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 06-20-2011, 12:05 AM   #2076
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,255 Times in 1,619 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiGh_RollA View Post
not sure if this has been posted yet but this is Camille Cacnio's full "apology"

http://camillecacnioapology.wordpres...er-i-am-sorry/
lol at this bitch trying so hard to justify her actions. what an absolute joke.
Advertisement
Spoiler!
spoon.ek9 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-20-2011, 12:08 AM   #2077
RS controls my life!

http://camillecacnioapology.wordpres...er-i-am-sorry/
aznsuperman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 12:10 AM   #2078
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,398 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoon.ek9 View Post
lol at this bitch trying so hard to justify her actions. what an absolute joke.
Straight up. I commented the same thing on the post, but it says "Your comment is awaiting moderation."

Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 12:13 AM   #2079
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottsman View Post
http://www.vancouversun.com/technolo...283/story.html

Happy Fathers Day?

Another article about the polo player.

I really hate how the media is portraying this guy as a victim now.
Lol, I take the media with a grain of salt and i am sure a lot of people do as well.
What has been done cannot be undone, media can portray him to be a victim all they want but the people know otherwise.
maxxxboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 12:19 AM   #2080
2010 RS Top Food Critic Winner

Quote:
In an interesting twist, although the photo of Kotylak holding a lighter to the gas tank of a police cruiser has become one of the most unforgettable images of the riot, further video provided by a bystander appears to show he did not set the car ablaze.

Schneider said it’s an example of how individual images may not tell the whole story.

Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/technolo...#ixzz1PnmsnAuu
well yea, pictures can lie, but how does this lessen his act?

5 people jump 1 person.
person dies from injuries.
1 person says "my attack did not directly contribute to his final cause of death so I should receive a lesser penalty"

...wtf. who thinks like this?
K-Dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 12:19 AM   #2081
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,380 Times in 3,906 Posts
wow that Cacnio bitch sure has the nerve....

its funny they mentioned Enspire i emailed them too and had a response from the charity stating that they have no connection with Ms. Cacnio; they are very disappointed in her; and she only worked with them briefly and its sad that they have had a representative act in the total opposite of their charities beliefs

I think its fair to say every organization/ group/ moral person she's involved with has separated themselves from her

Oh on a side note the police paid a visit to my neighbours today from what i gleaned it sounds like it has to do with the riots (which they told me they were there) i guess they must have participated in some way
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 12:22 AM   #2082
Ask me about how I answered the question "How fat is TOO fat?"

Thanked 4,122 Times in 1,141 Posts
as i stated earlier, went to high school with her, lulz ensued when i saw that posted

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
Current
e92 335i 6MT FBO
e90 330i 6MT
Former
e46 330ci 5MT - RIP
uc1 5AT
em2 5MT
db7 5AT - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyota86 View Post
the guys over at lambo vancouver said there are 60-70 pre-orders already. don't quote me though.
The_AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 12:29 AM   #2083
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
I was with that...er...I don't want to bother spelling her name...the Filipino chick named Camile or something...until she got to the part where she says "She doesn't deserve this."

Sorry, lost me after that and didn't read.

I think that some of the public shaming might be going too far when people haven't done anything particularly wrong such as posing with things but that chick stole from a store and says it's less severe. I don't buy it.

I would've been a little more sympathetic if she apologized and asked people to leave everyone else in her life alone but to try to turn this back on the social media networks that IDed her...well...I certainly know who I side with.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 12:31 AM   #2084
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznsuperman View Post
Wow, that's a hearty response from her. In a way, everything she lost for just looting some size 42 pants is kind of harsh. But I can see how Burrard Acura doesn't want to risk business by keeping a thief as well as what customers will think when they see her. Once you have a criminal record, good luck getting a job!! I wonder if she will get expelled from UBC? Oh wells, a BSc in Biology won't get you a job anyways

Water polo guy on the other hand has lawyered up and has unlimited daddy funds. He will get off scott free just watch~

For everyone that's actually turning themselves in, I think the most credit should go to the people who stayed to get video and photos of them. I'm willing to bet that no one in their right minds would do it if there wasn't any solid evidence against them.
Posted via RS Mobile

Last edited by optiblue; 06-20-2011 at 12:38 AM.
optiblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 12:34 AM   #2085
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottsman View Post
http://www.vancouversun.com/technolo...283/story.html

Happy Fathers Day?

Another article about the polo player.

I really hate how the media is portraying this guy as a victim now.
So now his fathers out of work because of him?, i call bs; and good lawyer....
but some of these stories are getting ridiculous...someone should email the writers.
People are fishing for too much sympathy now...I hope everyone caught involved gets a harsh sentence...
You think vancouver will go further into becoming a "no fun city" because of this?
ajei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 12:37 AM   #2086
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
Quote:
I read the first bit, don't care to read the rest of the novel. It's the same old story; cry a bit so in court you look remorseful. Good luck.

As for the 17 year old, he's a younger offender with no criminal record so most of the time the court will stay the charges. I think in this case he'll be made an example because too much media attention is on this story and the city and police need to make some of these people examples.

One thing I will say is I don't really understand the racist comments some idiots are spewing all over the net when 99% of the rioters were White Canadians. It's like seriously stfu already with the racist comments and other stupid ass comments, this riot is already given Vancouver a black eye and made the people in this city like retards, eventually the media will pick up on the racist BS and make a story out of it.

Fuck, what a mess this riot is becoming.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-20-2011, 12:43 AM   #2087
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,763 Times in 592 Posts
camille cacnio should just stfu... if theres any hackers here pls hack that website and take it down.
shawn79 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-20-2011, 12:45 AM   #2088
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
I was with that...er...I don't want to bother spelling her name...the Filipino chick named Camile or something...until she got to the part where she says "She doesn't deserve this."

Sorry, lost me after that and didn't read.

I think that some of the public shaming might be going too far when people haven't done anything particularly wrong such as posing with things but that chick stole from a store and says it's less severe. I don't buy it.

I would've been a little more sympathetic if she apologized and asked people to leave everyone else in her life alone but to try to turn this back on the social media networks that IDed her...well...I certainly know who I side with.
ya ... you know for a second I actually felt like she had a point and almost felt sorry for her because in the grand scheme of things all she did was loot a pair of pants. But if you read on, its very clear she isn't sorry at all, she just wants the social networks to get off her case. Its a joke how she goes on and on about how she was just going with the mob mentality and trying to prove it actually exists instead of just manning up and be like I fucked up and did something stupid. She just dug herself a deeper grave now with that post I'm sure people will actually be more appalled than sympathetic after reading that hot garbage.
GrapeDrink is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-20-2011, 12:45 AM   #2089
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

While I'm not as angry as I was before. Some extensive jail time + permanent criminal record THEN get exported should do justice for this girl that thinks she doesn't deserve this "because (may I remind you that) I am responsible for theft – a fairly minor action compared to vandalism and arson"

Any crime is a serious crime.
Stupid bitch.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-20-2011, 01:01 AM   #2090
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 4,387 Times in 1,145 Posts
Quote:
I have to say. Even before she posted this I kinda agreed with a lot of the stuff she was saying.

The first few days I was in super rage mode and wanted the heads of all the mobsters. But like always, I'm the type to see the reasoning behind both sides.

I agree with the mob mentality thing and how a lot of people wouldn't do what they did if it wasn't for the hundreds of people around them doing it or doing things worse than it. It's almost like peer-pressure in a way?

And after looking through her Facebook page she seemed like a good person.

I think she should get the punishment such an act entails but I do think she what is happening to her is way worse than what she deserves.

Everyone has done something bad in their life that they regret later on and everyone deserves a second chance.

I believe cases like her and the water polo kid deserve a second chance because they seem like two people who are able to do so much more for the world. I think what happened at the riot (especially for the water polo kid) is a good thing for them because it's a pretty big lesson that will be etched in their heads forever and strive to become a better person and give back MORE to the world than they have taken.

Again I don't condone these actions but I do think we should not categorize the good people who made one mistake with those who were sought out to 'cause mayhem and never change their ways because they listen to too much rap music and follow the slogan "FUCK DA POLICE!".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・$$$$$゜゜・。*。・゜*✧ .

xxx~*…like dis post if u cry evry time…~*xxx
DanHibiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 01:04 AM   #2091
#savethemanuals

Thanked 2,551 Times in 950 Posts
Like someone else said, what she did isn't theft. She is trying to downplay it. What she did is more like public drunkenness, unlawful entry, and looting (which is different from theft).

Its great that she admits fault and is willing to take the consequences though.
Energy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 01:04 AM   #2092
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Her actions MAINTAINED and helped intensify the riot (no matter how petty they were independent of the riot). It let others affected by the "mob mentality" make an effort...since she didn't get caught "then", and she obviously looks like a "badass"; others easily influenced think its okay.
ajei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 01:05 AM   #2093
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

-----

Last edited by AAnthony; 11-13-2014 at 02:01 PM.
AAnthony is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-20-2011, 01:13 AM   #2094
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

I agree with you guys on all these "apologies". Funny how they all waited until they were exposed and had social repercussions dealt on to them. Then they blame the alcohol/adrenaline/"mob mentality.

Camille's "apology" isn't an apology. It's a DEFENSE statement. Everything after "MY STORY" is all about her. I really hope that the justice system can see through her bullshit.

Say you're sorry and describe what you're going to do to atone for your mistakes. To me, that's more respectful.

Last edited by zephyrantes; 06-20-2011 at 01:31 AM.
zephyrantes is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-20-2011, 01:22 AM   #2095

Yup. Shows Camille's a true lower form of human being.
Old 06-20-2011, 01:25 AM   #2096
【=◈︿◈=】

Thanked 2,099 Times in 558 Posts
LOL that camille girl started a blog to spew her bullshit? please, spare the world your fake apologies. she's just trying to get some heat off her back by directing the fact that, yes she stole, but she didn't jump on cop cars or set things on fire or whatever

rioting is rioting. it doesn't matter if you throw a pebble at a police officer during a riot or a stone. if the intent is there, it's there. take that jason kid. he hit 2 pieces of glass. hell i don't even think he BROKE anything cause he's some 70lb kid. but the INTENT was there, and that's all it takes

and watch. she's just gonna filter all the comments and allow only the ones that are on her side to be posted. kind of like a petition that she'll then use when her charges go through. "oh all these people agree with what i've said!"

ratio of people who agree/see through her bullshit is probably 1/70
- kT is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-20-2011, 01:26 AM   #2097
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 4,387 Times in 1,145 Posts
Other than wanting to make it to the Stanley Cup finals again next season for obvious reasons, I would like to see what would happened in terms of rioting this time around.

Do you guys think there will be

A) no riots
B) mild riot
C) big riot

I think there will be a mild riot as most people will be afraid to get caught on tape but there would still be SOME shit going down as some kids will be bring more masks and such to hide their identity.

Hopefully the cops will be in greater numbers, no one parks downtown and all shops will be smarter and board up their windows.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・$$$$$゜゜・。*。・゜*✧ .

xxx~*…like dis post if u cry evry time…~*xxx
DanHibiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 01:27 AM   #2098

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanHibiki View Post
Other than wanting to make it to the Stanley Cup finals again next season for obvious reasons, I would like to see what would happened in terms of rioting this time around.

Do you guys think there will be

A) no riots
B) mild riot
C) big riot

I think there will be a mild riot as most people will be afraid to get caught on tape but there would still be SOME shit going down as some kids will be bring more masks and such to hide their identity.

Hopefully the cops will be in greater numbers, no one parks downtown and all shops will be smarter and board up their windows.
What needs to happen is for the Cops to bring some actual guns, and given a fire at will order.
Old 06-20-2011, 01:28 AM   #2099
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,380 Times in 3,906 Posts
Quote:
Why don’t I think I deserve all this treatment?

Because for one, I’ve admitted to my mistakes, two, I am ready to deal with the consequences in a judicial manner, and three, because (may I remind you that) I am responsible for theft – a fairly minor action compared to vandalism and arson. Please remember and understand that I am not responsible for the riot.
stopped right here.... rofl god...
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-20-2011, 01:31 AM   #2100
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Quote:
Wow. One short apology at the beginning and then an entire essay devoted to justifying her actions? Sounds totally sincere to me
babas is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: