REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 06-16-2011, 11:22 PM   #1301
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferio_EG View Post

http://www.facebook.com/jos.remund

He claims that he's just handing out t-shirts
Yes, that's what we all think when we see a chick exposing her breasticles. "Oh c'mon lady, put a shirt on...!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenDuang View Post
Ronin, thanks for your great work again.

I know you spent a lot of time to do this just to make Vancouver a better place!

Keep up the great work.

Post more later it's interesting!
No problem. I'll be happy when we catch these assholes. They should bring out the big screen back downtown and display all these pictures with people's names, faces and their crimes.
Advertisement
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-16-2011, 11:24 PM   #1302
...in the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Dream.Time View Post
lol see I was right, the guy isn't thechengman

yet ghostrider banned him for no reason now
I told you guys it wasn't him. Chengman is fucking lame but he isn't the guy in that video.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-16-2011, 11:26 PM   #1303
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
I told you guys it wasn't him. Chengman is fucking lame but he isn't the guy in that video.
ban has been lifted.

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Gh0stRider is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-16-2011, 11:29 PM   #1304
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadHawk View Post

i see these guys workout at thunderbird community center
Please, this photo is much too distorted to be throwing out names. Sure one if them looks like someone we know, but to consider how a typical asian male looks like, you just can't tell, they almost all look alike.

Plus, there is no point naming them. The photo does not explicitly show any criminal act in process, so none of them in this picture can be prosecuted for anything.

I just feel bad for the guys who are being named out of assumption with this blurry photo. Be careful about framing the innocent !!
hear-it-first is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-16-2011, 11:32 PM   #1305
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337superboy View Post
Wow thanks a fucking lot man, It was completely unnecessary to bring up the fact that he was in Air Cadets, much less name the exact squadron and name the officers involved, You even posted the exact emails and replies, which are meant to be private. Couldve just sent the email and kept it quiet, but geez, congrats, you just brought a completely unnecessary amount of shame and attention to the Air Cadet squadron and the program in general, good on ya. Did the complete right thing this time. And no we arent going to follow up and spread more rumours on this.
you seriously need to chill. You're looking it as bad attention to the air cadet squadron instead of seeing it as the squad doing the right thing. In my eyes it brings more credibility and honor to the cadets that they are going to do something about this. Be proud that you're part of an organization that did the right thing.
blum2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-16-2011, 11:34 PM   #1306
...in the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0stRider View Post
ban has been lifted.
WHAT!?

What kind of nazi mod are you!?

You don't see me lifting the ban on whatever the fuck that guy's name is...the guy that went to Sauders for 8 years and can't stop talking about it.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-16-2011, 11:36 PM   #1307
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueG2 View Post
Roach: I realize your car was fucked up 80 style, but be glad you and anyone you are close to are safe, and stop whining about your car... Oh ya, at least it wasn't torched too.
Please die.
sean_wong is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-16-2011, 11:37 PM   #1308
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 3,340 Times in 841 Posts
Quote:

No problem. I'll be happy when we catch these assholes. They should bring out the big screen back downtown and display all these pictures with people's names, faces and their crimes.
lol like Orwell's 1984
Jgresch is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-16-2011, 11:40 PM   #1309
McFogg The Dawg is my homeboy

Thanked 1,130 Times in 286 Posts
Quote:
They should bring out the big screen back downtown and display all these pictures with people's names, faces and their crimes.
that's a fantastic idea
kevin7352 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 11:41 PM   #1310
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hear-it-first View Post
Please, this photo is much too distorted to be throwing out names. Sure one if them looks like someone we know, but to consider how a typical asian male looks like, you just can't tell, they almost all look alike.

Plus, there is no point naming them. The photo does not explicitly show any criminal act in process, so none of them in this picture can be prosecuted for anything.

I just feel bad for the guys who are being named out of assumption with this blurry photo. Be careful about framing the innocent !!
actually the guy on the far right looks like philip wang if anyone knows him. i agree though, that the photo is too distorted to name anyone.
yameen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 11:47 PM   #1311
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post
Hell, I'm glad I decided to watch the game at my friend's place in Surrey instead. First time I can honestly say I've felt safer in Surrey than Vancouver... That said, they would have had a hell of a time trying to flip a car that's only a couple inches off the ground...

Hope ICBC helps you out.
You only felt safer in Surrey because all the obnoxious Surrey people went downtonw!
kungpow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 11:49 PM   #1312
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by TG View Post
actually the guy on the far right looks like philip wang if anyone knows him. i agree though, that the photo is too distorted to name anyone.
Then why are you still naming people?, there are so many people named Phillip Wang. I was at my friends house watching the game and his name was phillip wang.
Leetastic is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-16-2011, 11:50 PM   #1313
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playyground View Post
I know this guy and his brother. This was his dad's store...Charlie's. He was defending it all night I was told.
Damn, too many pages and only on page29, so not sure if anyone said this yet, but this guy looks like he can hold his own. Pretty buff guy(no homo intended). I hope he took out some rioters.
6thGear. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 11:56 PM   #1314
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Quote:
Good work with your pics. Just wondering was there anyone trying to steal your camera there?
Old 06-16-2011, 11:57 PM   #1315
...in the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amuse View Post
Good work with your pics. Just wondering was there anyone trying to steal your camera there?
I talked to another guy holding a bat outside his store. I had been running around for hours. Needed a break. Not that dude above, though. Lots of people were out defending their property, actually. Even more defending other people's property.

I asked him if the bat was enough to scare most people. Yes, he said, it usually is. I was sitting down and changing lenses on my camera. Then he asked me how I can carry an expensive camera and equipment around.

"Well, you've got a bat..."

Then I showed him was I was carrying around. He lol'ed and said "Yeah, that should scare 'em."
Old 06-17-2011, 12:00 AM   #1316

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
...What were you carrying in your bag again Ronin?
Old 06-17-2011, 12:00 AM   #1317
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
The chinese guy in the canucks jersey & hoodie that was caught on film lighting the car on fire apparently turned himself in today

He's the guy in the white skate jersey 0:50 into the vid that lights the truck on fire

Last edited by Ch28; 06-17-2011 at 12:54 AM.
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 12:00 AM   #1318
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,212 Times in 1,397 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TG View Post
Please don't call out names if you're not sure.

I have a friend with that same name, and he was not a part of the riot last night.
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-17-2011, 12:01 AM   #1319
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hear-it-first View Post

Uhhh, i see these guys 2-3 times a week for like half a year already at the community center gym and ur telling me im throwing names out there? I have enough evidence to prove it.

i have pictures of me and them at a house party
BadHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-17-2011, 12:02 AM   #1320
SFICC-05*

Here are some pics I sent to VPD this morning. ID if you can, thanks. They're grabbed off youtube videos, some pics I snapped, etc. Sorry if they're blurry, tried to do the best I could with the videos.

The blue Adidas wearing db from all over:

chun is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-17-2011, 12:02 AM   #1321
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

if youre gonna name people at least give some specifics so other people dont get falsely accused
wingies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 12:02 AM   #1322
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

People putting love and thank you notes on a police cruiser on Granville
kluk is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-17-2011, 12:02 AM   #1323
SFICC-05*

A few more...

chun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 12:03 AM   #1324
...in the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeedee View Post
...What were you carrying in your bag again Ronin?

Not in my bag and before you ask, it is not a gun.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-17-2011, 12:03 AM   #1325
Banned (ABWS)

Call it a mob or a ruling majority, people have a conscious to decide what is right and what is wrong.
If a mob wants to flex its muscle by making carnage, dont be an idiot and force your thinking on to others as judge, jury and punishment will be served on the spot.
This goes both ways... if innocent bystanders are being victimized, you can surely bet that a large mob of Canadians will serve justice right there and then.

If we lived in a democratic, moral and fair system, these humans would have not rioted.
The problem we have is that we can not be collectively uniformed (as with hockey) in the governing choices we want because those options are not available. These riots give a little power to the people if you realize it or not.
Multi-national corporations, monopoly insurers, and the government are taking our jobs, future security, and tainting the moral fabric of society.
Lastly I dont like how people are forwarding the suspects of property damage to the ministry of police, the Crown owns this city, not you.

Last edited by TheHighImperial; 06-17-2011 at 12:12 AM.
TheHighImperial is offline   Reply With Quote