REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 06-17-2011, 12:51 AM   #1351
I bringith the lowerballerith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch28 View Post
The chinese guy in the canucks jersey & hoodie that was caught on film lighting the car on fire apparently turned himself in today

i don't buy his apology letter...it's because he was caught in the act is why he did it...I bet if no one found out, he def. wouldn't confess his actions
Advertisement
VrrM604 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-17-2011, 12:52 AM   #1352
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
I respect people and their beliefs but destroying your own city just because you don't agree with what the government is doing? Vancouver is a beautiful place, these fucking idiots should be shipped out.
spideyv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 12:53 AM   #1353
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jah Dean View Post

This guy got knocked the fuck out in one of the videos posted so we don't need to worry about him.
Guy looks like a Big Foiiiig!
spideyv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 12:53 AM   #1354
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hear-it-first View Post
What for? Do you have a hate for this particular group of people? Clearly, that photo is absolutely insufficient to be of evidence of any criminal activity. People can only be prosecuted in photos ONLY if the photo is clearly taken during a criminal action is taking place. Do you see any of them flipping a car, starting a fire, or even throwing a punch? Sure they might be in a fight, but they cannot be seen "fighting" or harming anyone.

So as a side note to all, this goes the same for all other photos that are not taken during a criminal activity taking place. They are not sufficient evidence, even if you can readily identify the person in the photo. (e.g. a smiling person standing in front of a burning car DOES NOT MEAN HE/SHE SET IT ON FIRE, THUS, CANNOT BE PRESUMED SUSPECT)
We might view a picture of some guy standing by the car but someone else might have sent a picture of that same person doing damage to that car. It's not like we're seeing every single photo or video floating out there or every photo/video that has been sent to the VPD. Let the VPD worry about who they can prosecute and who they can't.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-17-2011, 12:54 AM   #1355
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch28 View Post
The chinese guy in the canucks jersey & hoodie that was caught on film lighting the car on fire apparently turned himself in today

Quote:
Originally Posted by yau1225 View Post
Which guy was that? pics?
Quote:
It's my first time reading an "appoligy" letter.

I didn't know the LV store was damaged as well, I didn't see any videos or pictures online.
He's the guy in the white skate jersey 0:50 into the vid that lights the truck on fire

Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 12:54 AM   #1356
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayare604 View Post
I respect people and their beliefs but destroying your own city just because you don't agree with what the government is doing? Vancouver is a beautiful place, these fucking idiots should be shipped out.
Government has nothing to do with this riot, it's out of pure stupidity.
Cr33pUh is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-17-2011, 12:55 AM   #1357
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,814 Times in 957 Posts
Yea, better turn yourself in when you already know you are completely fucked because all the videos and cameras captured your fucking face.

What hasn't changed from 1994: Stupidity of low life rioters.
What has changed from 1994: Technology that exists today to capture all these fuckers' faces so they can get fucked later.
flagella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 12:55 AM   #1358
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

I can't believe that he's been in Canada for at least 17 years, and still doesn't have a basic grasp of the English language at the age of 30...
VancouverG88 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-17-2011, 12:57 AM   #1359
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Old 06-17-2011, 01:01 AM   #1360

That Tim Kwong's letter does nothing for me and I have zero sympathy for this guy. He's trying to be the good guy so he can go to court and cry in front a judge and show the court his FB post so he looks like he was remorseful. Fuck that, we already have enough punks who have gotten off with a slap on the wrist. Hopefully the judge teaches this useless punk a lesson.
Old 06-17-2011, 01:03 AM   #1361
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,600 Times in 542 Posts
Quote:
What for? Do you have a hate for this particular group of people? Clearly, that photo is absolutely insufficient to be of evidence of any criminal activity. People can only be prosecuted in photos ONLY if the photo is clearly taken during a criminal action is taking place. Do you see any of them flipping a car, starting a fire, or even throwing a punch? Sure they might be in a fight, but they cannot be seen "fighting" or harming anyone.

So as a side note to all, this goes the same for all other photos that are not taken during a criminal activity taking place. They are not sufficient evidence, even if you can readily identify the person in the photo. (e.g. a smiling person standing in front of a burning car DOES NOT MEAN HE/SHE SET IT ON FIRE, THUS, CANNOT BE PRESUMED SUSPECT)
This picture is from a screen cap off CTV news, it's not a picture, I saw tons of clips last night and I somewhat recall this one being a fight.
edit: http://watch.ctv.ca/news/latest/memo...94/#clip486235 This is the video that screencap is from 0:30

Regardless, the VPD needs our help in identifying those who were causing mayhem last night, and if they have evidence to prove that they did something criminal the justice system will take care of them, they're not going to prosecute anyone without enough evidence are they?

I'm not telling you to tell everyone on facebook who these people are for vigilante justice, I'm talking about the police who will investigate this matter properly.

Last edited by snowball; 06-17-2011 at 01:18 AM.
snowball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 01:06 AM   #1362
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,904 Times in 3,867 Posts
This whole thing pisses me off, a few dipshits who just wanted to riot went and ruined it for everyone. I've seen pictures of guys in shirts that read "I'm just here to riot" and heard of anarchist groups organizing shit ahead of time. This shit wasn't started by real fans because the fans don't bring molotovs and masks to a game. The real fans were the mellowed out people in the arena that were disappointed but ready to head home and wait for next season.

Honestly I think the police should have heeded the warnings and reports from 1994 and removed all the cars from downtown, and set up more officers watching the people before and during the game. Although it's fairly easy to pick out some of those shit disturbers it would have been difficult to arrest or remove them before a riot breaks out without pissing off the crowd.

I'm also pissed at the foreign media who make it sound like the fans did this and that Vancouverites did this. I'm pissed at the dipshits who think this is funny. I give massive props to the people using all the photos and videos and social media sites to help the VPD find the assholes who trashed such a beautiful city. Unfortunately I think it may be hard for them to get all the bastards that started this though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vafanculo View Post
man vancouver sucks. theres a stanley cup final, nba final, nfl superbowl every year and theres only riots when the canucks are involved?

We all joke about it for a reason..even I made a riot prediction on my fb prior to the game if the nucks lose. and people complain/question when liquor stores close early.

Whats scary is these arent even canuck fans. people in vancouver will just create havoc for any reason.
There was a riot after the 2010 NBA, MLB and NFL finals...
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-17-2011, 01:12 AM   #1363
zz
I am Hook'd on RS

the stupid world[few] generalizes, some of vancouverites riot=represents all people in vancouver, then as we look in a broader perspective people see it = representative to Canadians... this stereotyping as a energy saver of a mind is just another natural thing. and its fucken annoying.

Last edited by zz; 06-17-2011 at 02:27 AM.
zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 01:13 AM   #1364
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,904 Times in 3,867 Posts
Quote:

But there may be other photos or videos of that person, from a different angle or what have you, destroying shit. If there is no evidence of them doing anything wrong then they won't be fined or what have you.

Help the VPD by giving them as much information as possible and let them sort through it and brign as many responsible parties as possible to justice.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 01:17 AM   #1365

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
This whole thing pisses me off, a few dipshits who just wanted to riot went and ruined it for everyone. I've seen pictures of guys in shirts that read "I'm just here to riot" and heard of anarchist groups organizing shit ahead of time. This shit wasn't started by real fans because the fans don't bring molotovs and masks to a game. The real fans were the mellowed out people in the arena that were disappointed but ready to head home and wait for next season.

Honestly I think the police should have heeded the warnings and reports from 1994 and removed all the cars from downtown, and set up more officers watching the people before and during the game. Although it's fairly easy to pick out some of those shit disturbers it would have been difficult to arrest or remove them before a riot breaks out without pissing off the crowd.

I'm also pissed at the foreign media who make it sound like the fans did this and that Vancouverites did this. I'm pissed at the dipshits who think this is funny. I give massive props to the people using all the photos and videos and social media sites to help the VPD find the assholes who trashed such a beautiful city. Unfortunately I think it may be hard for them to get all the bastards that started this though.

Well that's the media for you. They need stories for their news cycle and what's better than covering a riot, it's non stop footage and stories. And tons of other cities around the world have dealt with sports related riots but again that's not mentioned. I think CBC mentioned it but I didn't see any other networks really focusing on that.

And I agree, the media has made it out to look like it was Vancouver Canucks fans who rioted. For example, on the CBC national some punk reporter was standing in front of the building the Washington Caps play and he goes "last year I was here when the number one team in the league, the Caps, got defeated in the first round and guess what the fans did? They walked out through the front doors and went home" , hmm that's EXACTLY what Vancouver Canucks fans at Rogers arena did and so did the other thousands upon thousands of fans who came down to watch the game in DT.

We're not going to win this battle with the media, the media has found an angle and they're going with it. It's going to tarnish Canucks fans and this city for a long time and next time we have any sort of big event especially a sports event people will refer to this riot. And there's people like my friend who doesn't like hockey but he was enjoying all the positive energy in the city during our run and he was saying that most non-sports fans would have forgotten about this cup run but now it's going to live on forever because of the riots. Sad.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-17-2011, 01:17 AM   #1366
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

double post

Last edited by cheapskate; 06-17-2011 at 01:29 AM.
cheapskate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 01:18 AM   #1367
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
That Tim Kwong's letter does nothing for me and I have zero sympathy for this guy. He's trying to be the good guy so he can go to court and cry in front a judge and show the court his FB post so he looks like he was remorseful. Fuck that, we already have enough punks who have gotten off with a slap on the wrist. Hopefully the judge teaches this useless punk a lesson.
Not to mention according his friend who commented on his facebook apology, he should be 30. This kind of riot crap I'd expect from some drunk guys in their late teens, early twenties. He has a lot of growing up to do.
wstce92 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-17-2011, 01:21 AM   #1368
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Fuck that Tim Kwong guy started the whole incident, fuck that go to jail you scumbag
haha13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 01:23 AM   #1369
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post

Wow, just wow.

Some bias as a Vancouverite and/or Canucks fan is expected but REALLY?

There are literally thousands of photos and hundreds of videos circulating the web on this riot and in just about ever single photo/video you see hundreds (maybe even thousands) of bozos in Canucks gear either directly participating in the carnage or cheering on the bozos and you think Canucks fans had no part in this? Clearly hundreds of losers who also happened to be Vancouverites and Cancucks fans participated/edged this to happen! Though we now know that there were some in the crowd who came just to riot, there were hundreds (maybe thousands?) of bozos wearing cancucks gear who loitered for hours after the police ordered them to disperse, the same hundreds in 'nucks gear who stayed relishing in the carnage posing and taking pictures of themselves...and you think "real" Canucks fans had no part in this? Wow I am out of word.
cheapskate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 01:30 AM   #1370
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zz View Post
the stupid world generalizes, some of vancouverites riot=represents all people in vancouver, then as we look in a broader perspective people see it = representative to Canadians... this stereotyping as a energy saver of a mind is just another natural thing. and its fucken annoying.
On the contrary, you are the stupid one for thinking that everyone generalizes in that way.

Only an idiot would stick by the idea that the rioters are a reflection of every individual of an entire city's population.
BillyBishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 01:31 AM   #1371

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapskate View Post
Wow, just wow.

Some bias as a Vancouverite and/or Canucks fan is expected but REALLY?

There are literally thousands of photos and hundreds of videos circulating the web on this riot and in just about ever single photo/video you see hundreds (maybe even thousands) of bozos in Canucks gear either directly participating in the carnage or cheering on the bozos and you think Canucks fans had no part in this? Clearly hundreds of losers who also happened to be Vancouverites and Cancucks fans participated/edged this to happen! Though we now know that there were some in the crowd who came just to riot, there were hundreds (maybe thousands?) of bozos wearing cancucks gear who loitered for hours after the police ordered them to disperse, the same hundreds in 'nucks gear who stayed relishing in the carnage posing and taking pictures of themselves...and you think "real" Canucks fans had no part in this? Wow I am out of word.
You have heard of bandwagoners, right? Did you see 100,000 people during the 1st round? 2nd round? Or even 3rd round? Nope. People came out in large groups when the team made it in to the finals and there's nothing wrong with that but I think what he means by "real" fans is the fans that came to DT during the first 3 rounds who had a good time and went home without causing problems.
Old 06-17-2011, 01:31 AM   #1372
RS Lurker, I don't post!

HISTORY IS MADE

we'll this is what happens if ,.. you're a real fan
Attached Images
File Type: jpg piece of jason li.jpg (202.7 KB, 0 views)
HappyMilkBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-17-2011, 01:33 AM   #1373
I'm better than you.

Thanked 3,087 Times in 658 Posts
came across this on youtube. riot news starts @ 3:27

'14 Toyota Yaris [Work Daily]
'89 Toyota Cressida MX83 [Collector's status]
'15 Honda Ruckus [Summer cruiser]
'96 Toyota Hilux Surf KZN185 [Weekend Warrior]

Buy & Sell Ratings!
b0unce. [?] is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-17-2011, 01:33 AM   #1374
RS Lurker, I don't post!

RAGE!!

HappyMilkBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 01:35 AM   #1375
I'm better than you.

Thanked 3,087 Times in 658 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadHawk View Post

charlie nguyen
derek shun
travis lai
jonathan (cousin of derek shun)

i see these guys workout at thunderbird community center
sadly, i went to elementary school with 3 of those idiots.

'14 Toyota Yaris [Work Daily]
'89 Toyota Cressida MX83 [Collector's status]
'15 Honda Ruckus [Summer cruiser]
'96 Toyota Hilux Surf KZN185 [Weekend Warrior]

Buy & Sell Ratings!
b0unce. [?] is offline   Reply With Quote