REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 06-17-2011, 01:36 AM   #1376
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Quote:
here are some clearer shots the the "chengman"

I dont think its actually him though. You guys be the judge.

EDIT: Ooops. This has been discussed already a few pages back. Enjoy the clearer pics of that dude I guess
Advertisement

Last edited by [o_o]; 06-17-2011 at 02:07 AM.
[o_o] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 01:37 AM   #1377
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Jason Li is now featured on Public Shaming Eternus

Quote:
Jason Li From Possible Hero To Arrested Zero At Vancouver Riots •June 17, 2011 • Leave a Comment
When Jason Li’s photo was first posted, it appeared to some that perhaps he was helping keep looters and rioters at bay. As Captain Vancouver, I would have come armed with a baseball bat just to feel safe against those crowds. Unfortunately for Jason Li, this picture wasn’t that of a hero defending our city.

Jason Li Hero or Zero?
Jason Li, has been seen in this YouTube video showing him to be a zero and smashing the BMO windows out with a hockey stick. I’ve included these screen shots as well that show him talking about the fun he’s having in our city.

Jason Li posting on FB
Jason Li had already been arrested earlier today. For those thinking that there will be jail or serious consequences, consider our court system. He’s already been released from police custody presumably to await a court appearance. Our courts are backed up with waits lasting months. Jason Li is in the Air Cadets and has plans to attend UBC in the fall. Time will tell what the future may bring for our zero Jason Li. Captain Vancouver praises the real hero’s of the 16th for coming out to clean up the mess left behind by the zero’s of yesterday.
Source: http://publicshamingeternus.wordpress.com/
VancouverG88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 01:38 AM   #1378
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by [o_o] View Post

Not him.
iwantaskyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 01:40 AM   #1379
Need to Seek Professional Help

(No Sound like my previous video, for some reason when I rotate my iPhone video in Windows Movie Maker it removes my sound..)

I caught this right before the looting even started at the Bay. It catches from how it started to everyone rushing in and coming out. Starts around 1:45 but watch the whole thing to see if you can identify anyone. This video also shows these kids beating up a employee (I'm pretty sure I didn't confuse him for a looter) inside the Bay.

Also shows that the employees used the fire extinguisher to push people back.

These are all print screened from this video of people who are seen committing crimes so there IS EVIDENCE:

Even though you don't see anything in this video, I recognized her immediately as one of the rowdiest chicks there. She was there from beginning to end. True Rioter.

Caught smashing the window with the bat (0:30)

Cool guy trying to smash the window with Newspaper stand (2:06)

First person to enter the Bay, and egging everyone to come in with him (4:25)

This guy hands his murse to his girlfriend so he can go loot her something (3:45)

Asians loot too! (5:05)

another one? (5:10)

didn't know korean popstars were in town

Punched the Bay employee

Last edited by RESN; 06-17-2011 at 09:27 AM.
RESN is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-17-2011, 01:50 AM   #1380
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jah Dean View Post
You have heard of bandwagoners, right? Did you see 100,000 people during the 1st round? 2nd round? Or even 3rd round? Nope. People came out in large groups when the team made it in to the finals and there's nothing wrong with that but I think what he means by "real" fans is the fans that came to DT during the first 3 rounds who had a good time and went home without causing problems.
Thats a mute point, it's impossible to scientifically separate the "real" fans from "bandwagoners." There is however, overwhelming evidence that there were hundreds of Canucks fans/Vancouverites who directly/indirectly participated in the riot.

And what's with people who make the habit of categorizing fans. As if "real fans" are somehow morally superior so they clearly would not have participated in the riots? Please...

And isn't it peculiar that every "fan" thinks he's a "real fan" while everyone else is clearly not.

And as for the timing of the riot and the turnout, maybe it was in some small part due to the fact that its the final game of the Stanley Cup? And regardless its a irrelevant point. The fact is there were hundreds of fans who participated and trying to categorize them does not lessen that responsibility one iota. This riot occurred because hundreds of Canucks supporters were there and particpated in it. Whether this mob of fans are representative of all Canucks fans is another matter. What is evident is that hundreds of Canucks fans were involved and that the anarchists by themselves would have been arrested within minutes if not for the mob.

Last edited by cheapskate; 06-17-2011 at 02:19 AM.
cheapskate is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-17-2011, 01:59 AM   #1381
Need to Seek Professional Help

not condoning it but i can see why that guy got his ass beat. he came at those guys with a pole or stick. Video doesn't show it all, one thing to protect property but what does he expect if he is doing with a weapon.
Old 06-17-2011, 01:59 AM   #1382
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapskate View Post
Thats a mute point
Totally unrelated but it's "moot" point.

Or if you're stuck in 1997 and like to quote Friends...you can call it a "Moo" point. Like a cow's opinion.

It's "moo".
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 02:00 AM   #1383
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,148 Times in 262 Posts
lol @ mute point
2 n r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 02:05 AM   #1384

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Totally unrelated but it's "moot" point.

Or if you're stuck in 1997 and like to quote Friends...you can call it a "Moo" point. Like a cow's opinion.

It's "moo".
Wow. So out of everything I posted you pick up one word that I misspelled and that is somehow supposed to invalidate my assertion? If you disagree with what I posted, fine, post a rebuttal.

But this is Revscene and logic plays second fiddle.
Old 06-17-2011, 02:07 AM   #1385
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Quote:
Wow. So out of everything I posted you pick up one word that I misspelled and that is somehow supposed to invalidate my assertion? If you disagree with what I posted, post a rebuttal.

LOL you got issues man.
Old 06-17-2011, 02:07 AM   #1386
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,763 Times in 592 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by [o_o] View Post

EDIT: Ooops. This has been discussed already a few pages back. Enjoy the clearer pics of that dude I guess

theres a video of those guys fighting outside the bay not the same video below
where the imposter chengman says "fawwk u" and attempts to throw a punch

off-topic
Spoiler!

Last edited by shawn79; 06-17-2011 at 02:14 AM.
shawn79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 02:11 AM   #1387
zz
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boundless View Post
On the contrary, you are the stupid one for thinking that everyone generalizes in that way.

Only an idiot would stick by the idea that the rioters are a reflection of every individual of an entire city's population.
I didn't say everyone, but you should understand this way of thinking is prevalent. I fail to see how I am stupid for making what is a correct assumption, when its apparent the OUTER medias, the comments of people outside this town display this.

-i mistakenly used the world, however i didn't mean it as everyone.

To make it clear i already think that the idea of a sum representing a whole as a misrepresentation, just to let you know where i am coming from.
zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 02:17 AM   #1388
I is Romanian

not sure if this has been posted:

http://www.tmz.com/2011/06/16/vancou...-bang-grenade/
avinayyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 02:18 AM   #1389
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by avinayyar View Post
Yup, posted last night. I watched this live when it happen and my dad and I couldn't stop laughing.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-17-2011, 02:21 AM   #1390

Quote:
Thats a mute point, it's impossible to scientifically separate the "real" fans from "bandwagoners." There is however, overwhelming evidence that there were hundreds of Canucks fans/Vancouverites who directly/indirectly participated in the riot.

And what's with people who make the habit of categorizing fans. As if "real fans" are somehow superior so they clearly would not have participated in the riots? Please...

And isn't it peculiar that every "fan" thinks he's a "real fan" while everyone else is clearly not.

And as for the timing of the riot and the turnout, maybe it was in some small part due to the fact that its the final game of the Stanley Cup? And regardless its a irrelevant point. The fact is there were hundreds of fans who participated and trying to categorize them does not lessen that responsibility one iota. This riot occurred because hundreds of Canucks supporters were there and particpated in it. The anarchists by themselves would have been arrested within minutes if the mob of 'nucks fans weren't actively participating.

Fans are fans are fans.
Lol @ anarchists been arrested in a few minutes by who? The 10 riot cops that were standing around? And it's not just one large group of anarchists, there's small groups that spread around all over the place. There job is to go into a large of group, cause havoc like break a window or set something on fire like a car, get the adrenaline going in the crowd so they can take over, mix back into the crowd and move on to another location.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-17-2011, 02:22 AM   #1391
【=◈︿◈=】

Thanked 2,099 Times in 558 Posts
Good luck with the car roach i was actually going to drive to riverrock and do the exact same thing you did. Ended up getting a ride to lansdowne instead. Keep us updated, hopefully with good news!
Posted via RS Mobile
- kT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 02:28 AM   #1392

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jah Dean View Post
Lol @ anarchists been arrested in a few minutes by who? The 10 riot cops that were standing around? And it's not just one large group of anarchists, there's small groups that spread around all over the place. There job is to go into a large of group, cause havoc like break a window or set something on fire like a car, get the adrenaline going in the crowd so they can take over, mix back into the crowd and move on to another location.
So are you saying that the hundreds of Canucks fans that loitered in the area for hours even after repeated demands by the police to disperse had nothing to do with the riot? Or are you asserting that the hundreds of people donning Canucks gear caught on video rioting were all anarchists in disguise? If so, thats one hell of a impressive conspiracy they pulled off.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-17-2011, 02:42 AM   #1393
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
So are you saying that the hundreds of Canucks fans that loitered in the area for hours even after repeated demands by the police to disperse had nothing to do with the riot? Or are you asserting that the hundreds of people donning Canucks gear caught on video rioting were all anarchists in disguise? If so, thats one hell of a impressive conspiracy they pulled off.
you clearly don't know how riots work.
doma is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-17-2011, 02:47 AM   #1394
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hear-it-first View Post
I can definitely agree with you on the empowerment that these rioters get from their outlaws. Are you implying that a group of rioters you are referring to are venting out their anger of powerlessness in our economy?

I think its to do with the hypocrisy of what Canada is meant to be. Many people like myself see 911 as a setup and many more want to pull out our waring troops. There arent guarantees of stable jobs with or without a degree... a governments job is to work on our behalf, but instead its for the interest of the Crown and corporations. The system is corrupt!

Hundreds of people came prepared and equipped with riot gear just to watch a hockey game, some to be recognized as protesters of the 2008 Winter Olympics. Can you see that there might be different groups of rioters with different underlying reasons for their actions?

Maybe some fans came prepared because they wanted it in thier hearts, but I feel this publicized "Olympic" group are shills which were to gain notoriety in-case an actual political freedom group was to gain the spotlight. This shill group could've also been in place to bring on harsher methods of crowd control for next time.

I believe there are certain groups within the crowd who have authentic reasons for their rioting, the initiators, who then are followed by the kids who "go along" with the crowd of participating in destruction for the sake of the thrill.

To me the initiators in the videos look like low income Canadian kids. I doubt the shill group was anywhere near the Bank of Montreal for example which I think was at the beginning of the mayhem and that establishment being so sensitive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayare604 View Post
I respect people and their beliefs but destroying your own city just because you don't agree with what the government is doing? Vancouver is a beautiful place, these fucking idiots should be shipped out.
If there was peace with government and its presentation of society all these Canadians would have not tolerated the destruction of some things.
This forum probably has lots of Korean members, if you want to learn what destroying a city really means, read this comic page.
http://www.addictedtowar.com/atw3b.html
TheHighImperial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 02:48 AM   #1395

Quote:
No, most of the people rioting were going to be wearing White Cap jerseys. And key thing is who started the riots? Was it fans? No. The VPD has already said it wasn't fans who started it. Did fans participate? I'm sure some did but I didn't see middle age fans rioting. I didn't see raging Canucks fans going ape shit and screaming out "fuck Boston" while smashing up cars and store windows. What I saw were teenagers looking for any excuse to cause a ruckus.

And do you honestly think that thousands of drunk young men were going to leave the DT core because a dozen or so cops a few blocks away told them to leave? Oh wait, they asked nicely so I guess they should have just left and gone home.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-17-2011, 02:48 AM   #1396
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Quote:
Wow. So out of everything I posted you pick up one word that I misspelled and that is somehow supposed to invalidate my assertion? If you disagree with what I posted, fine, post a rebuttal.

I wasn't even disagreeing with you! That's why I removed everything else because I had nothing to say to it.

LOL...I just wanted to point that out because it's funny. I don't even think I was condescending this time.

Yeah, sorry, wasn't trying to be a dick. It's late.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 02:56 AM   #1397
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,582 Times in 4,317 Posts
Uhh, the first thing you wrote was "Totally unrelated but...."

Whatever, it's a moo point.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 03:01 AM   #1398
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VrrM604 View Post
i don't buy his apology letter...it's because he was caught in the act is why he did it...I bet if no one found out, he def. wouldn't confess his actions
Your guess is completely right
http://vancouverriot.com/2011/06/tim...rted-the-riot/

My Buyer / Seller Rating
http://www.revscene.net/forums/60152...o-6-0-0-a.html
Y2K_o__o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 03:04 AM   #1399
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,380 Times in 3,906 Posts
wow just caught up on the 20+ pages since the early am

glad to see so many people have been identified/arrested

just in case anyone is wondering if you were arrested after having been read the Riot Act the max penalty is Life; i doubt anyone would get that sentence

if the riot act wasn't read the max is 2yrs in jail but from what i understand the Riot Act was read that night although im not certain

just so people understand the severity of rioting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonka View Post
Does this kind of crap happen in other cities? And if not, why does it happen in Vancouver?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.C View Post
You know, I remember when Brazil lost in the finals to France in '98, there was nothing on the streets. Just disbelief, mostly. And this was in fucking Rio. How can this shit happen here? Is it because the police there don't hesitate to shoot rioters? Maybe. I am just appalled at what happened. Didn't know there were that many idiots here. Ah well.

Sporting riots happen all the time, especially in Europe... all the time (especially the UK/eastern europe); CTV interviewed a guy on the streets during the riots and he was from europe and he says "these things happen all the time after a soccer game but im still so very surprised to see it here in vancouver"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffh View Post
i think im in love with the chick in the white canucks T protecting that car and kicking emo-fag ass
werd think i saw her on facebook in one of the clean up postings comments
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 03:09 AM   #1400
Banned (ABWS)

anyone else think we should just let most of these losers slide, just crucify a few people

and next time start shooting rubber bullets at the idiots

this riot reminds me of the black block riot in toronto where police knew it would happen and even when it was happening they didnt intervene, just chill and watch

there should be at least a hundred riot pigs on the streets when the score was 2-0, and 3-0 just confirmed shit is going down for sure
Cheeseburger is offline   Reply With Quote