REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 06-18-2011, 09:36 AM   #1776
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splmash View Post
Adidas guy has been pictured rioting too.
The scene with the van on Granville? Pretty sure he was trying to prevent the assholes on the other side from flipping the van.
Advertisement
tgill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 09:45 AM   #1777
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgill View Post
The scene with the van on Granville? Pretty sure he was trying to prevent the assholes on the other side from flipping the van.
No. There's other footage of him "celebrating" and joining other rioters in other activities.
Old 06-18-2011, 09:51 AM   #1778
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Riot

Ok I am surprised that no one has talked about the loser in the green hair. He has a green fro looks like a street punk and he is in tons of vids just smashing windows all over the place.

Ok I am lousy at screen caps but at 2:42 and on you will see him.

I still cant believe this happened in our city. Such a bunch of wild aniamals.

Here is the vid link

http://www.youtube.com/user/SpaceLisaa#p/a/u/0/DmHYSD7k9gY
GodZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 09:51 AM   #1779
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by b0unce. [?] View Post
this picture is hilarious

my new Avatar Picture!

And people why we pay so much taxes, insurance going up, etc.. coz people are RETARDS that do shit like this so everyone has to pay the price for it!
Old 06-18-2011, 09:54 AM   #1780

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodZilla View Post
Ok I am surprised that no one has talked about the loser in the green hair. He has a green fro looks like a street punk and he is in tons of vids just smashing windows all over the place.

Ok I am lousy at screen caps but at 2:42 and on you will see him.

I still cant believe this happened in our city. Such a bunch of wild aniamals.
Happy to say he has been identified on Facebook and his personal information has been sent to the authorities.
Old 06-18-2011, 09:58 AM   #1781
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

^ good to hear Splmash. I didnt want the piece of garbage to go unnoticed.
GodZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 10:01 AM   #1782
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
16yo asian girl probably owns that M5 since she was protecting it so much.
It wasn't the asian girls car she was just helping the girl in the white protect cars
aliuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 10:17 AM   #1783
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,170 Times in 625 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliuu View Post
It wasn't the asian girls car she was just helping the girl in the white protect cars
jesus. those chicks had bigger balls than most men there had.
and likely more sense
But debt is the money of slaves.
-Norm Franz
welfare is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-18-2011, 10:29 AM   #1784
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Since I didn't want to drink and drive, I left my car at the River Rock skytrain station overnight and slept at a friend's place. I came back to discover my car like this:

Then I wake up to discover my car like this. I'm just lost for words as to how a city can behave like this.

Kev
My car was vandalized right in front of a security camera in the same area, and the Richmond RCMP didn't do much followup about it.
cococly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 10:29 AM   #1785
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splmash View Post
Exactly! I remember him being a super nice fellow so I hope it wasn't him. But you are right, he was bulkier but you can't deny the facial resemblance!
I have been wondering that myself. I've slowed the video quite a few times and as he comes out, you can see he is also quite tall and does have some bulk. The angle of the shot just doesn't allow us to see it. Also, just noticed he has removed his facebook
RESN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 10:33 AM   #1786
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by welfare View Post
jesus. those chicks had bigger balls than most men there had.
and likely more sense
I have to disagree with the second part, no doubt those chicks had more balls and heart than most other people down there. But those chicks clearly didn't think it through, I mean don't get me wrong I completely respect what they did. However lets be realistic, they were not going to be able to save that car and they were probably quite lucky that those hooligans they were dealing with were not the super faggy type that I saw in the other parts of the rioting, I mean I read on these threads that there were chicks being harassed and touched and etc. It could have turned out a lot worse for them, imo not worth risking to protect a car.
GrapeDrink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 10:41 AM   #1787

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumAznGuy View Post
And what is your actual job?
I see that you failed my post about the VPD and the city of Vancouver not going to come down hard on these rioters. You know that is the truth.
The VPD can only recommend charges given the evidence they have. The city of Vancouver has no impact on the justice system since it is provincally run. Even the priemer cannot ask the judges to come down hard on these people because the judges descisons are based on the evidence presented, arguments from the accused lawyers, and past judgments.

Some of the arrested people are under 18 and will be tried in youth court. Even if found guilty, their youth records are sealed and will have little to no impact on their futures. For the over 18 people, those with no criminal records will most likely get a conditional discharge and possibly some community service hours.
Heck, some of these cases will probably end up at DCC and that judge is known to be a softy.
as stated previously, the convicted should be held accountable financially. i don't think a jail sentence is a feasible way of dealing with it. and as you said, jail likely won't see most of these hooligans. hell, you couldn't get a jail sentence if you tried in this province.
i think fining them is as close to reparations as we'll see.
besides, for the most part, the correctional system does not do what its name insists it to. but that's a whole other thread
-Norm Franz
Old 06-18-2011, 10:49 AM   #1788

Quote:
Originally Posted by _*aE View Post
I have been wondering that myself. I've slowed the video quite a few times and as he comes out, you can see he is also quite tall and does have some bulk. The angle of the shot just doesn't allow us to see it. Also, just noticed he has removed his facebook
So you know him personally? I honestly think, just by the face and picture provided , it's him. But I don't want to point fingers unless I am positive it's him.
Can you link me to the video? Thanks.
Posted via RS Mobile
Splmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 10:50 AM   #1789

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrapeDrink View Post
I have to disagree with the second part, no doubt those chicks had more balls and heart than most other people down there. But those chicks clearly didn't think it through, I mean don't get me wrong I completely respect what they did. However lets be realistic, they were not going to be able to save that car and they were probably quite lucky that those hooligans they were dealing with were not the super faggy type that I saw in the other parts of the rioting, I mean I read on these threads that there were chicks being harassed and touched and etc. It could have turned out a lot worse for them, imo not worth risking to protect a car.
well, ye. obviously the car was already a write off by then. i'm sure they understood that. but any resistance in that situation helps. if people see that others aren't just allowing it to happen, it makes them think twice.
-Norm Franz
This post thanked by:
Old 06-18-2011, 10:50 AM   #1790

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrapeDrink View Post

that and if it was 3 dudes and not 3 not bad looking chicks, they would have gotten curb stomped and maced like all the other dudes that protected property

look at the huge dude that one punch Ko's some fuck when hes defending his truck, the mob was on him in a second
jeffh is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-18-2011, 10:53 AM   #1791

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffh View Post
that and if it was 3 dudes and not 3 not bad looking chicks, they would have gotten curb stomped and maced like all the other dudes that protected property

look at the huge dude that one punch Ko's some fuck when hes defending his truck, the mob was on him in a second
ye good point.
-Norm Franz
Old 06-18-2011, 11:17 AM   #1792

Thanked 1,057 Times in 429 Posts
Did anyone see that brown dude that punched this girl in the face? She was atleast 5'10" 140lbs. Anyways she stepped up and wanted to fight him then a swarm of guys jumped the guy and beat him up. Later on in the night i saw the same girl trying to pick a fight with another dude but everyone told him it wasnt worth it. Then i heard from some other people that girl was tryin to pick fights all night.
RiceIntegraRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 11:30 AM   #1793

Quote:
Originally Posted by _*aE View Post
I really do not hope it's him.
Posted via RS Mobile

Last edited by Splmash; 06-18-2011 at 01:48 PM. Reason: TYPOS YO
Splmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 11:31 AM   #1794
Banned (ABWS)

Who were the two girls? Facebook page link?
DriveHard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 11:35 AM   #1795
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,193 Times in 2,275 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveHard View Post
Those two girls were waisting there time, it wasn't even there car.
would u have stood up? would it be WASTING your time
they came forward and attempted to protect the car

at this point it doesnt even matter as its happened. but they are on record to attempt to save the car. Like to u see come close.
Tim Budong is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-18-2011, 11:35 AM   #1796
#savethemanuals

Thanked 2,551 Times in 950 Posts
Standing up to others who are wrong is not a waste of time. It might have been useless but it shows that not everyone turns into an animal at the first sign of disorder. Those girls have more balls than most of the people in that mob.

Edit: nice ninja edit you did there
Energy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-18-2011, 11:35 AM   #1797
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthchilli View Post

at this point it doesnt even matter as its happened. but they are on record to attempt to save the car. Like to u see come close.
looks like he quickly edited his post.
truth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 11:43 AM   #1798
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthchilli View Post

Protect a car that wasn't theirs? Sheer stupidity. Don't get me wrong i don't approve of that bullshit one bit!! BUt i don't see the point of trying to protect a stupid peice of metal.
DriveHard is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-18-2011, 11:50 AM   #1799
#savethemanuals

Thanked 2,551 Times in 950 Posts
The car is only a stupid PIECE of metal in relative terms. Its still someone else's property much like the businesses that were damaged.

People will try to do the right thing even if the right thing might seem stupid and useless. Just be thankful there were people like that in the mess downtown. They deserve your respect not your admonishment.
Energy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 11:50 AM   #1800
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,193 Times in 2,275 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveHard View Post
Protect a car that wasn't theirs? Sheer stupidity. Don't get me wrong i don't approve of that bullshit one bit!! BUt i don't see the point of trying to protect a stupid peice of metal.
then explain to me the brave souls that protected the Bay and budget and all the random acts of awesome around the city

Most people wouldnt want to get involved. understandable. but those who did it deserve recognition and a standing ovation.
Tim Budong is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: