REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 06-18-2011, 03:01 PM   #1851
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
whatever you ugly fuck lgman..like everyone say's on rs.

even if i was a female,i would of that angry rage of a Mob,you can't trust anyone if there was random beats down going on,with the amount of druggy's that night
Advertisement
Mr.Money is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-18-2011, 03:02 PM   #1852
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidTurbo View Post
Wow. Exactly why we need a fail button.

By the way, it is not acceptable to curb stomp rioters. They're rioters, not child rapists.
Curb stomp them anyways
Blue_StreakR is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-18-2011, 03:04 PM   #1853
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthchilli View Post
would u have stood up? would it be WASTING your time
they came forward and attempted to protect the car

at this point it doesnt even matter as its happened. but they are on record to attempt to save the car. Like to u see come close.
That's what I was thinking watching it all. I could try to help stop it but there were maybe 50 people total yelling at rioters and there were thousands going the other way.

No way anyone was stopping this shit unless they had a baseball bat in hand and even that was a stretch.

No, if you wanted to do something about it, you had to do it when it was all starting...call out those assholes that planed this at the beginning and turn the mob against them.

Either that or you do what we're doing now...catch these fools and make sure we don't have this happen again.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 03:06 PM   #1854
...in the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveHard View Post
Protect a car that wasn't theirs? Sheer stupidity. Don't get me wrong i don't approve of that bullshit one bit!! BUt i don't see the point of trying to protect a stupid peice of metal.
It's not about the cars...it's about what all this represents: people committing crimes because they have no fear of getting caught.

And it isn't just SOMEONE ELSE'S STUFF. Whatever was damaged downtown is going to come out of my pockets and your pockets whether it's taxes, increases in insurance, etc. We're the ones paying for this. Just because it doesn't belong to you doesn't mean all this isn't going to cost you. On top of the monetary damage, we have damage to our city's reputation and pride. We look like FUCKING IDIOTS not only to the rest of the world right now. Where else would the government put on a huge party for a hockey team? Just the stupidest reason to riot. We look especially stupid because so many revolutions and real protests have taken place recently for REAL causes like genocide, oppression and poverty.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-18-2011, 03:19 PM   #1855
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,763 Times in 592 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by _*aE View Post
I videotaped this. She had like 2 missing teeth and her face was bloody? The brown guy was taking his jacket off to 1 on 1 that girl LOL. Got jumped by 10+ people who chased him 2 blocks down. I also saw her later that night where she was confronted by another group of people, didn't see what went down though
can u post up the video?
shawn79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 03:22 PM   #1856
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrapeDrink View Post
exactly, like I said before I really respect their courage and heart but at the end of the day huge guys like the guy protecting his truck were getting knocked out by mobs and while most of us here would think hitting a girl is most likely off limits, there are unfortunately people that don't give a fuck and will. I mean we would all want to believe that if someone did try to harm these girls that the bystanders would step in but the truth is we don't know and we saw a lot of people getting mobbed and not a single person stepping forward to help. I mean its happened to me before on the bus and keep in mind this is just one person, not a mob. This guy was harassing a girl on the bus and you could tell by everyone's facial expression on the bus that they did not approve of his behavior so I was like okay this guy has gone far enough and I figured you know the people on the bus would have my back I wasn't trying to be no hero or nothing I just told him he needed to back off with his harassment and guess what, I got pushed and jabbed in the face and not a single passenger on the bus did a thing or made a peep, I probably would have gotten my ass kicked if the bus driver didn't kick the guy off the bus.
Don't pick fights that you can't finish.
HansonBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 03:24 PM   #1857
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,031 Times in 2,071 Posts
Wow. Just read the whole thread.

Thanks to the mod who banned the racist douche blaming white people for the riot. I also hope the elitist pricks blaming people from Surrey have taken their heads out of their asses now that we've seen polo boy get taken down amongst many others from Vancouver.

Kudos to the members of RS who've helped identify some of these losers. The feeling after losing the game was bad enough, but it didn't compare with the embarrassment I felt watching these assholes afterward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 03:25 PM   #1858
...in the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rb View Post

Bert Easterbrook - A hero among the rotten rioting pack
"Easterbrook, a six-foot-two, 255-pound karate expert who also works as a security guard for pro-marijuana rallies in Vancouver."

http://www.theprovince.com/news/hero...422/story.html
Holy fuck I would not mess with that guy...he looks like the baddest motherfucker in the world. Who needs a bat when you're a giant?
Old 06-18-2011, 03:30 PM   #1859
...in the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrapeDrink View Post
exactly, like I said before I really respect their courage and heart but at the end of the day huge guys like the guy protecting his truck were getting knocked out by mobs and while most of us here would think hitting a girl is most likely off limits, there are unfortunately people that don't give a fuck and will. I mean we would all want to believe that if someone did try to harm these girls that the bystanders would step in but the truth is we don't know and we saw a lot of people getting mobbed and not a single person stepping forward to help. I mean its happened to me before on the bus and keep in mind this is just one person, not a mob. This guy was harassing a girl on the bus and you could tell by everyone's facial expression on the bus that they did not approve of his behavior so I was like okay this guy has gone far enough and I figured you know the people on the bus would have my back I wasn't trying to be no hero or nothing I just told him he needed to back off with his harassment and guess what, I got pushed and jabbed in the face and not a single passenger on the bus did a thing or made a peep, I probably would have gotten my ass kicked if the bus driver didn't kick the guy off the bus.
Make no mistake, I saw lots of very aggressive female rioters down there on Wednesday.

I will never hit a female...first...but I believe that if I'm being attacked by a woman, I have full rights to knock her the fuck out. If a girl hit hard enough to hurt, then I wouldn't just stand there and take it and I wouldn't fault any man for hitting her as well. Self defense is self defense.

I mean, we've all seen skinny Asians dudes that are smaller than some women...and we'd have no trouble kicking that dude's ass if he threw one at us. Being a woman isn't a get-out-of-jail-free card.

Of course, this only applies if you feel you are in danger...not if your wife just hits you for being a douche.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-18-2011, 03:31 PM   #1860
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

picture of knocked out Boston posted everywhere, not sure if the video has been posted or not yet
ds226 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-18-2011, 03:34 PM   #1861
...in the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansonBoy View Post
Don't pick fights that you can't finish.
I don't know...I don't even think most of the rioters wanted to fight. I think they just wanted to burn, break and steal things. I mean, I spent the entire time looking down a camera lens and didn't really watch where I was going so I bumped shoulders, stepped on toes, etc.

But for the most part, even if they were throwing things into windows, no one so much as threatened me. I'd expect them to use the "Watch where you're going!" shit to start a fight but other than them torching cars, it was typical "Oh, sorry...my bad." Canadian behavior when you run into someone by accident.

...which tells me even more that a lot of people were caught up in mob mentality, following those who planed this out ahead of time.

Sad but no excuse.
Old 06-18-2011, 03:43 PM   #1862
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
I don't know...I don't even think most of the rioters wanted to fight. I think they just wanted to burn, break and steal things. I mean, I spent the entire time looking down a camera lens and didn't really watch where I was going so I bumped shoulders, stepped on toes, etc.

But for the most part, even if they were throwing things into windows, no one so much as threatened me. I'd expect them to use the "Watch where you're going!" shit to start a fight but other than them torching cars, it was typical "Oh, sorry...my bad." Canadian behavior when you run into someone by accident.

...which tells me even more that a lot of people were caught up in mob mentality, following those who planed this out ahead of time.

Sad but no excuse.
Yeah it was the adrenaline and mob mentality that gave people the balls to do shit that they normally wouldn't dare to do, as well as cloud their judgment i suppose. I was replying to his story about on the bus though. And i totally agree with your post about hitting women, i grew up with a moral code instilled in me to never hit women, i try to avoid even verbal fights with women but one exception is self defense for myself or my family. That's why i just avoided the "aggressive" female rioters because with them you can't win. You put a hand on them and you'll get jumped so fuck it. I heard of at least one guy who did that (confronted a female) and got beat down, probably by people who thought they were defending the girl when she wasn't so innocent herself.
HansonBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 03:44 PM   #1863
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds226 View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHz0jGPzTKk

picture of knocked out Boston posted everywhere, not sure if the video has been posted or not yet
I've been trying to find this clip for days now!

Thanks!
Old 06-18-2011, 04:03 PM   #1864
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ds226 View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHz0jGPzTKk

god damn...did that black guy just punch him right in the mouth for the tko?..crazy security bouncers ......shit that is awful,you just hear his head pound the pavement on the way down.

ouch.
Mr.Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 04:04 PM   #1865
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Thanked 1,286 Times in 133 Posts
From the video looks like this picture and is that Genesis Security knocking the guy out?
K.Dubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 04:10 PM   #1866
...in the world.

Looks like Boston fan threw first though...but yeah, his head hits the pavement. That's scary.
Old 06-18-2011, 04:19 PM   #1867
I want to be a person and not an icon.

Thanked 5,286 Times in 892 Posts
Boston fan threw the punch first.

It's expected after that he gets his ass kicked.
Vale46Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 04:36 PM   #1868
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,123 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodnarb View Post
Wow. Just read the whole thread.

Thanks to the mod who banned the racist douche blaming white people for the riot. I also hope the elitist pricks blaming people from Surrey have taken their heads out of their asses now that we've seen polo boy get taken down amongst many others from Vancouver.
I was raised in East Vancouver in a blue-collar household. And I still think that most of these people:

- Have lousy parents who didn't teach them right from wrong and didn't spank them like they should have when they did things wrong
- Are certainly not "Vancouverites" in my eyes, despite what their address says and what they or their parents do for a living.

- Signed, your neighbourhood elitist prick.
Tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-18-2011, 04:47 PM   #1869
My homepage has been set to RS

didnt get a chance to poat here yet. my observations so far:

1. ppl bitching (including me) bout ppl taking pics...but its these pics that are helping expell and track down these numb nuts rioters
2. ppl saying its surrey ppl doing this but then the richmond kid and a buncha vancouver peeps of many races end up getting caught.
3. police blaming this on some sorta non fan terrorists was an embarassing bullshit pr move. they know and we know that it was fans and they werent prepared well enough...spinning it makes it that much worse
4. the writing on the boarded up windows is touching
5. the highschool population in bc are a bunch of fucking douchebags. not all of course, but i dare say at least half. worse than ever before - lamer, douche
ier a d more disrespectful than i remember. not just this event...but in general ive been noticing this. everytime we get something cool in the city they fuck it up. this city needs to start being more "ageist". they dont deserve proviledges.
6. all these ppl getting caught arent gonna get so much as an expelsion and a fine.

sigh depressing
Posted via RS Mobile
drunkrussian is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-18-2011, 04:49 PM   #1870
...in the world.

No, the main demographic, IMO...is...

Typical Vancouver self-righteous, self-important, left-wing, douche that think he's a political activist because he gives in to his white guilt. The sorts of people that fight to keep the bike lane.

NO, I'm not saying bikers = rioters. I'm saying that's the sort of asshole I saw down there and the sort of idiots that make these things happen. It is Vancouver's culture of allowable crime and protest.

Think about the sort of idiots that broke things during the Olympics...idiot white kids that suffer from white guilt, trying to fight on the side of the Aboriginals (who couldn't care less about the Olympics). Oh, I'll break windows because The Bay represents the corporate white man and they are oppressing the poor.

I call these people hippies but I don't know if that's what they are because they're obviously do these things like fight government, police, and champion the poor because they think it's social change and it makes them feel okay about themselves when they sleep in a large Shaugnesy mansion.

EDIT: I don't mean white people were at fault...I guess I should just say those who feel their culture is responsible for the oppression of others when they have nothing to do with it. Y'know...white guilt. I don't know how to say this better but I trust you're all smart enough to take context.

...I know, expecting RS to be smart is futile.

KILLKILLKILLKILLKILL...DA WHITE MAN. KILL HIM UNTIL HE IS DED
This post thanked by:
Old 06-18-2011, 04:55 PM   #1871
...in the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkrussian View Post
1. ppl bitching (including me) bout ppl taking pics...but its these pics that are helping expell and track down these numb nuts rioters
To be honest, I feel a little bad because I know I'm giving the rioters an audience...but...I'd do it again in a second. I love photography. There was no way I was going to stop that riot myself so I documented it.

I equate it to a war zone. No one wants war to happen but the story has to be told one way or another.

I didn't go downtown with the intention of taking pictures of rioters...to be honest, I didn't think a riot would be huge even if it happened because I thought maybe we were smart enough to not be morons but when I saw on Twitter that it was happening, I went anyways and I'd do it again. The riot was a world event...I'm not passing up that chance.

Ask SkinnyPupp. He came to visit me when I was living in Tokyo in '08 and I told him I couldn't hang out on August 15th because I had a riot zone to head to.
Old 06-18-2011, 05:03 PM   #1872
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Holy fuck I would not mess with that guy...he looks like the baddest motherfucker in the world. Who needs a bat when you're a giant?
I guess you haven't met Berz yet..
TOS'd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 05:04 PM   #1873
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Money View Post
whatever you ugly fuck lgman..like everyone say's on rs.

even if i was a female,i would of that angry rage of a Mob,you can't trust anyone if there was random beats down going on,with the amount of druggy's that night
Do you know how fucking retarded you sound? Do yourself a favor and get a proper education.
OBD1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 05:26 PM   #1874
...in the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOS'd View Post
I guess you haven't met Berz yet..
How could I?

He's always out.
Old 06-18-2011, 05:26 PM   #1875
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Nathan Kotylak, the water polo guy, made a public apology

jerche is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: