REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 06-18-2011, 07:49 PM   #1901
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 3,267 Times in 547 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorbravo View Post
REGARDING: Camille Cacnio

I appreciate you letting me know about this particular aspect of this sorry episode. I assume that the VPD will follow up on the allegation. I have notified the person at UBC who oversees the student discipline process. Since this whole issue is evolving rapidly, there has not been time for the required discussions here about what process UBC will use should any members of its community be suspected or proven to have been involved in illegal acts.
Sincerely,
Dr. Paul G. Harrison
Associate Dean, Students
Faculty of Science

This poor girls life has been turned upside down.
She has herself to thank for that.

Wow @ that Nathan Kotylak kid's fake crying. Come on. If he really meant his "apology" then he could have manned the fuck up and looked straight at the camera to say it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smaggs View Post
Maybe i missed something but is this adidas jacket guy the same guy that was defending the smart car and the van?
Looks like he decided "hey if you can't beat em, join em".
Advertisement
Stealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 07:54 PM   #1902
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

stone cold steve austin look alike guy footage punching guy and riot jumping in
http://youtu.be/eCny7bhORJU
nismosx is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-18-2011, 08:11 PM   #1903
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chengsterr View Post
Nathan Kotylak, the water polo guy, made a public apology

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPQOQsLUW60
more like a public plea to not throw the book at him b/c he doesn't want a cock meat sandwich

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-18-2011, 08:25 PM   #1904
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,808 Times in 8,185 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanHibiki View Post
Ya I'm confused too.

I'm guessing he was trying to be a hero at first and then later decided to say "fuck it" and join in?
Like I said a few pages back, that "hero" is just another drunken baffoon who wasn't thinking about what he was doing. He just happened to be on one side for those clips, then on the other side for other clips. He was nothing like that bad ass who was protecting the truck.

These two guys might be a good case study for how booze affects you versus marijuana
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 08:27 PM   #1905
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by minoru_tanaka View Post
http://www.ctvbc.ctv.ca/servlet/an/l...shColumbiaHome

CTV is right. The fires he set were put out so we are all assholes for shaming him.

Shame on CTV
you sir are an idiot.
Old 06-18-2011, 08:35 PM   #1906
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
No, the main demographic, IMO...is...

Typical Vancouver self-righteous, self-important, left-wing, douche that think he's a political activist because he gives in to his white guilt. The sorts of people that fight to keep the bike lane.

NO, I'm not saying bikers = rioters. I'm saying that's the sort of asshole I saw down there and the sort of idiots that make these things happen. It is Vancouver's culture of allowable crime and protest.

Think about the sort of idiots that broke things during the Olympics...idiot white kids that suffer from white guilt, trying to fight on the side of the Aboriginals (who couldn't care less about the Olympics). Oh, I'll break windows because The Bay represents the corporate white man and they are oppressing the poor.

I call these people hippies but I don't know if that's what they are because they're obviously do these things like fight government, police, and champion the poor because they think it's social change and it makes them feel okay about themselves when they sleep in a large Shaugnesy mansion.

EDIT: I don't mean white people were at fault...I guess I should just say those who feel their culture is responsible for the oppression of others when they have nothing to do with it. Y'know...white guilt. I don't know how to say this better but I trust you're all smart enough to take context.

...I know, expecting RS to be smart is futile.

KILLKILLKILLKILLKILL...DA WHITE MAN. KILL HIM UNTIL HE IS DED

can you be more racist please!
Nutar is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-18-2011, 08:59 PM   #1907
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonjour43MA View Post
It's been 3 days since this bullshit happened, and yet I still watch in disbelief at every video that's been posted, where kids/young adults kick, punch, fight, throw things, destroy properties, set cars on fire, gang up on helpless individuals, and conduct themselves in such ways that it makes Vancouver look like a third world, under-privileged country.

There are kids that are University prospects or are currently enrolled, and many that come from affluent backgrounds as well. I still cannot comprehend, or ACCEPT what had happened, and like many others are looking for answers that could somehow explain their behaviors.

I was caught up in the G20 riot in Toronto last year when work sent me there for 2 weeks, and remember being in the crowd with my camera (I was out and about, checking out the city). I can understand what it feels like to be "caught up in the moment" and have your adrenaline running, but at NO POINT during that experience did I even THINK about participating in the riot. I just don't understand why these people, espeically ones that are "educated" (University students), can commit something like this and had absolutely no self-control or common sense to guide themselves out of the situation.

Why do kids these days behave this way, and have the capacity to unleash such destruction on their environment? Is it Hollywood? HipHop music that promotes "gangster" life stlyes? Videogames like GTA? Bad parenting? Failing education system? Weak justice system? What is it?

I am more shocked at this riot than the G20 one one for several reasons:

- The G20 riot was mainly led by those that deployed the black bloc tactic, and few individuals joined in, whereas our riot seemed to have been started by those that came down here with rioting in mind, and then it spiraled out of control with many more kids joining in the mayhem throughout pockets of the city
- The G20 at least had a political undertone to it, and even though rioting is not a way to get the message across, it had a POINT. Ours? ABSOLUTELY NO POINT to the riot other than destruction of properties and "fun time" had by those that were here.
- The G20 rioters were clear-cut in who their targets were: big corporations and the police. They did not attack by-standers or anyone that had nothing to do with the G20. Ours? people fighting each other, beating each other up, ganging up on those that fight back.
- Looting! I remember almost no looting occurred at the G20 riot, where as ours had countless incidents at major shops where almost everyone had a piece of the action. Where are the moral values in these peoples minds?
- This was LITERALLY in my backyard, as I work and live downtown.

I acutally feel less safe now, knowing that we have SO MANY people out there (in Vancouver and the suburbs), espeically kids, that are capable of horrid crimes against other fellow citizens. I won't be surprised that a major riot is highly likely in the event of significant natural disasters and those that had participated in this riot that stole, hurt, and disobeyed, will repeat their actions and take it to the next level (killing).

Shocked, just shocked and still in disbelief that so many people are still capable of acting this way.
Well, alcohol was a big factor and mob mentality. I was talking to a cop that I knew, and she was telling about how many mothers she has seen saying that their son is the nicest person and would never do anything to what he is being charged. She along with her colleagues have seen what they become when alcohol is involved.

As for university students or prospects being involved in these, most are too immature to realize the consequences of their actions and some may even think that they are too good to get caught. White collar criminals are the ones who think that they are the most likely to get away. Easiest example is Bernard Maddoff. Their education gives them false sense of security. Coming from an affluent family doesn't mean that you wouldn't get involved in this BS. Many of the gangsters from last year gang war came from middle and affluent families. Crackheads on the other hand know they will get busted and may do a little jail time but what do they care? Their life is is rock bottom and can't get any worse.
marksport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 09:09 PM   #1908
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

VancouverG88 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-18-2011, 09:14 PM   #1909

This post thanked by:
Old 06-18-2011, 09:17 PM   #1910
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,352 Times in 445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VancouverG88 View Post
Lol

This guy is never going to get a job in vancouver ever again, and he was just about to step into the workforce at his age.

Think he's gonna be the next cho.

Jail time or not he sure did it to himself. GG
vafanculo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 09:23 PM   #1911

Quote:
Originally Posted by nismosx View Post
stone cold steve austin look alike guy footage punching guy and riot jumping in
http://youtu.be/eCny7bhORJU
The bald guy, I just grabbed [the paper] and threw it out,” says Easterbrook, a six-foot-two, 255-pound karate expert who also works as a security guard for pro-marijuana rallies in Vancouver. No wonder it took a swarm to take him down.

Read more: http://www.theprovince.com/news/hero...#ixzz1PhIo6IVP

As for the Polo player I believe that he is upset and very sorry and the tears were real. Why? Because he realizes now what could be or will be taken away from him ( the polo team ) from his actions. He looked pretty calm attempting to light the tank, then throw lit paper in the car and when confronted runs away like a girl them comes back and lights the tank a second time. Feel sorry for him? No I dont.

Last edited by GodZilla; 06-18-2011 at 09:38 PM. Reason: c
GodZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 09:23 PM   #1912
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by vafanculo View Post
Lol

This guy is never going to get a job in vancouver ever again, and he was just about to step into the workforce at his age.

Think he's gonna be the next cho.

Jail time or not he sure did it to himself. GG
With all the attention that he's getting. I have a feeling that someone from Hollywood might hire him. haha
kungpow is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-18-2011, 09:32 PM   #1913
I want to be a person and not an icon.

Thanked 5,286 Times in 892 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kungpow View Post
With all the attention that he's getting. I have a feeling that someone from Hollywood might hire him. haha

Old Spice replacement?
Vale46Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 09:35 PM   #1914

This post thanked by:
Old 06-18-2011, 09:37 PM   #1915
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Here is a website where you can search for Charges against Individuals:

https://eservice.ag.gov.bc.ca/cso/es...ljGr5XDqQLvpAe

My Buy/Sell Rating (5-0-0)
Aleks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 09:43 PM   #1916
NSX
NA1

^Thats not going to happen anytime soon.
Most of the guys are taken in, interviewed, and released on a PTA (promise to appear). You aint gonna see any of those ppls names in there until after their court date.
NSX is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-18-2011, 09:45 PM   #1917
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,726 Times in 546 Posts
the polo player crying reminds me of ...

bcedhk is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-18-2011, 09:48 PM   #1918

Dont think this has been posted yet but might rank as the bast knock out of the riot. 30 sec mark

http://phillyd.tv/post/6627247794/he...load-on-todays

Last edited by GodZilla; 06-18-2011 at 09:48 PM. Reason: c
GodZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-18-2011, 09:53 PM   #1919
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chengsterr View Post
Nathan Kotylak, the water polo guy, made a public apology

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPQOQsLUW60
Cry me a fucking river. You're 17, you know wtf you were doing, now it's time to pay the price for your actions.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-18-2011, 10:07 PM   #1920
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Joe Rogan via twitter:
"I can't believe all this Vancouver riot shit is going down after the amazing time I had there and how fun everyone was when the Canucks won"

Old 06-18-2011, 10:14 PM   #1921
DUHHH HELLLLLLLLLO

Attachment 6618

For Sale
BMW Multimedia cord for iDrive
GDchoi's Closet Cleanout

Last edited by GDChoi; 09-22-2011 at 08:43 PM.
GDChoi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-18-2011, 10:25 PM   #1922
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,825 Times in 523 Posts
here is one from Dana White on twitter

danawhite Dana White
Hey morons stop ruining ur beautiful city of vancouver!!! Its just a fucking hockey game!!!!!!
15 Jun
hotong is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-18-2011, 10:30 PM   #1923
Marcosexual Fan Club, CEO

Quote:
Originally Posted by welfare View Post
jesus. those chicks had bigger balls than most men there had.
and likely more sense
Yeah, I agree. Sad to watch that M5 burning in a later video.
Old 06-18-2011, 10:33 PM   #1924
Oh goodie, 5 posts already!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
my friend says that's the brentwood/lougheed fitness world. i'm sure staff there can ID him if he's really the guy.

Thanks fitness world langley, not brentwood.
LongShen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 10:34 PM   #1925
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
this was the song for one of the pregame highlights for the finals... but i find it more fitting for what happened after game 7
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by: