REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 06-19-2011, 11:40 AM   #1976
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

I believe in a few threads and the facebook page they did mention yes he was arrested.
Keep in mind Tim Kwong lit a truck on fire and he was released later that same day.

And for those that care here is Dustin;s prom picture

Advertisement

Last edited by GodZilla; 06-19-2011 at 11:47 AM. Reason: lol
GodZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 12:00 PM   #1977
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 1,806 Times in 215 Posts

Last edited by AlphaKappa; 06-19-2011 at 12:29 PM.
AlphaKappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 12:05 PM   #1978
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,352 Times in 445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodZilla View Post
I believe in a few threads and the facebook page they did mention yes he was arrested.
Keep in mind Tim Kwong lit a truck on fire and he was released later that same day.

Firefighter is lucky he punched him, and it wasn't her that threw the punch
Posted via RS Mobile
vafanculo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 12:39 PM   #1979
My bookmarks are Reddit and REVscene, in that order

Thanked 13,465 Times in 1,814 Posts
Quote:
Yeah, Canada's revolving door justice system at work here.
Except I think these rioters have enraged the public enough that they just might be getting jumped and ass kickings left and right.

Also, just out of curiousity. Is the city of Vancouver allowed to exile people? Kind of like a restraining order? But by the city against an individual? Cause I think that'd be pretty harsh punishment.
Old 06-19-2011, 12:42 PM   #1980
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
even with the lame justice system, the exposure these punks are getting are going to screw em up for the long run...
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 12:52 PM   #1981
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
TOS'd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 12:52 PM   #1982
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
LOL @ the fat douche's prom pic

THE HARPOONS. MAN THEM.
Posted via RS Mobile
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 12:57 PM   #1983
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,496 Times in 4,303 Posts
Remind's me of this incident.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 01:02 PM   #1984
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,256 Times in 1,620 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rb View Post
Tim Kwong's apology (already posted but here it is again for reference)

A RESPONSE FROM A ST. PAUL's E.R. NURSE (to Tim Kwong's apology)

Hope this isn't a repost
the code orange at st.paul's wasn't cleared until about 1:30am. this meant that anyone who would normally end their shift around 9pm onwards was forced to stay until that time. there were many employees walking home across bridges at 2am because there were no buses and no taxis (for good reason). i'm sure none of you would want your family members walking home at that time and on such a night; especially if they were women.

strangely enough, tim kwong is a member on vcc and has been for many years. i had met him once to sell him a muffler and he seemed like a decent guy. to be honest, he seemed a bit sketchy but i try my best not to judge a person by their appearance. if he truly wants to atone for his wrong doings, it's going to be a very, very long road. all of this over a stupid decision where he should have known better as a grown adult.
Spoiler!
spoon.ek9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 01:07 PM   #1985
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,496 Times in 4,303 Posts
Apologize on Facebook.

All is forgiven.

FTS.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-19-2011, 01:18 PM   #1986
I want to be a person and not an icon.

Thanked 5,286 Times in 892 Posts
The best way they could have apologized was to go clean up that morning.

I don't care about your shitty response that your lawyer wrote to the media.

Although I would not care that much if they say sorry now but to clean up what you started is the first thing they should have done so they have an act to back it up. But guess what they didn't do that BECAUSE they have not been caught YET. So thats why no one that participated in the riot went to clean up.
Vale46Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 01:36 PM   #1987
look at these diamonds, they shining

Thanked 1,813 Times in 553 Posts
Quote:

Drow is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-19-2011, 01:51 PM   #1988
Professional Lurker

Ignorant Couple on facebook!

Edit: Friend who showed me this forgot to mention to me that this girl's full name is Linda Tuyen

Last edited by EX-R; 06-19-2011 at 05:22 PM.
EX-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 01:59 PM   #1989
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

^^^ I find it very disturbing how anyone could even think that way.

No remorse for what happened.
No sense of common decency, right/wrong, respect for others, or basic moral values.
No regard for one's action and its consequences.
No appreciation of their privileged lives.

Are these the kids that will be taking over our society in the next 10~15 years? If so then I fear that humanity will soon meet its demise.
Old 06-19-2011, 02:04 PM   #1990
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoon.ek9 View Post
the code orange at st.paul's wasn't cleared until about 1:30am. this meant that anyone who would normally end their shift around 9pm onwards was forced to stay until that time. there were many employees walking home across bridges at 2am because there were no buses and no taxis (for good reason). i'm sure none of you would want your family members walking home at that time and on such a night; especially if they were women.

strangely enough, tim kwong is a member on vcc and has been for many years. i had met him once to sell him a muffler and he seemed like a decent guy. to be honest, he seemed a bit sketchy but i try my best not to judge a person by their appearance. if he truly wants to atone for his wrong doings, it's going to be a very, very long road. all of this over a stupid decision where he should have known better as a grown adult.
you can't judge whether someone had morals or whether they would riot/act like an idiot when they are drunk or in a mob of people just because they are a "cool guy". There are alot of people who are "cool" and seem "nice". Most people know how to put on a professional act in front of people they don't know/ at work, school etc. There are people who are dicks all around 24/7, but I am sure that most of the people that were involved in the riots will have family and friends that say they are shocked that they acted the way they do. I am not justifying their acts, but I am just saying that no one can really predict how someone will act if they are intoxicated if they only know them outside of their close friends.
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 02:14 PM   #1991
I want to be a person and not an icon.

Thanked 5,286 Times in 892 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonjour43MA View Post
^^^ I find it very disturbing how anyone could even think that way.

No remorse for what happened.
No sense of common decency, right/wrong, respect for others, or basic moral values.
No regard for one's action and its consequences.
No appreciation of their privileged lives.

Are these the kids that will be taking over our society in the next 10~15 years? If so then I fear that humanity will soon meet its demise.
Don't worry they will not be "taking over" society all they will be are our garbage man and mcdonalds worker.
Vale46Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 02:14 PM   #1992
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHI869hhMB0

new vid so it didn't embed properly. Peter Chao basically goes off about Vancouver Riot

Edit- SkinnyPupp care to explain why you failed me brah? You're the only mod who seems to love failing people cause you know you can't get failed back. Start taking lessons from Spoon.ek9 and stop being a dick

Last edited by spideyv2; 06-19-2011 at 10:07 PM.
spideyv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-19-2011, 02:27 PM   #1993
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

any got a picture of douchebag tim kwong? Post it up please!
wingies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 02:31 PM   #1994
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingies View Post
http://www.vancouverriot.com/2011/06...rted-the-riot/
blum2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-19-2011, 02:33 PM   #1995
RS controls my life!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2FtR...mbedded#at=129
aznsuperman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 02:39 PM   #1996
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blum2001 View Post
Tim isn't sorry. I actually feel sorry for those people who believe his half ass apology because to most people, he's just another uneducated punk giving an apology. This guy has been a loser since I've known him in grade 10 and his attitude after all of this will never change. Going on 30 and he'll be back to his old ways after a few months. Guaranteed.

Tim: if for any reason you're reading this, you've embarrassed everyone you've gone to school, worked, or has any sort of degree of separation from you. I will be honest and say I wasn't shocked when I saw you lighting the car on global TV, down the fucking road from where I live. This isn't an individual feeling, a lot of people from your past aren't surprised. There's always been something wrong in your head. You initiated the start of something ugly in my neighborhood, where I live, where I sleep. At the end of the night, you go home to your mom and dad's home like nothing happened, and I step outside to broken glass, tear gas, and smashed up cars. I'm ashamed to go to school with you, to work with you, and to have any sort of knowledge of who you are. We're going on 30 years old for fucks sakes!

Word of advice, if you see anyone that you've worked or gone to school with, keep walking. The general consensus for everyone who knows you is explained above. If you're truly sorry, you better step up and do something better than that half ass apology.
ya know what's funny. i posted that i knew tim from HS just a bit before you, and i was initially gonna include something like "i'm not that surprised or shocked that he did something like that"

but i felt like since i hadn't seen the guy since HS and occasionally running into him for like 2 minutes at a rave years ago, it might be a prick move to say something like that. turns out i was right.
Old 06-19-2011, 02:39 PM   #1997
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingies View Post
does he still work at visions in BBY? or got canned?
Old 06-19-2011, 02:44 PM   #1998
#deephouse

Thanked 4,704 Times in 1,243 Posts
What pisses me off is people who get caught try to lie their way out of it and never own up and admit to what they have done..

Also the people who defend the rioters either ;
1. you are a rioter.
2. you are a friend of the rioter.
3. you are a douchebag.
4. go back to 1 and go down the list.
knight604 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-19-2011, 02:51 PM   #1999
2010 RS Top Food Critic Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by minoru_tanaka View Post
Wow this is nutty, I was on top of the parkade and got pictures of this. Sorry if this is a repost, I was out of town for the weekend and just catching up on 20+ pages.

First footage I've seen of the fight, going to fwd along to VPD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
To be honest, I feel a little bad because I know I'm giving the rioters an audience...but...I'd do it again in a second. I love photography. There was no way I was going to stop that riot myself so I documented it.

I equate it to a war zone. No one wants war to happen but the story has to be told one way or another.

I didn't go downtown with the intention of taking pictures of rioters...to be honest, I didn't think a riot would be huge even if it happened because I thought maybe we were smart enough to not be morons but when I saw on Twitter that it was happening, I went anyways and I'd do it again. The riot was a world event...I'm not passing up that chance.

Ask SkinnyPupp. He came to visit me when I was living in Tokyo in '08 and I told him I couldn't hang out on August 15th because I had a riot zone to head to.
+1 to everything Ronin said. I love photojournalism, being part of it and documenting it. I'm not about to stop a riot or a fight from happening, nor would I be able to, so I'm doing what I can, which is taking pictures. If something this big is happening, I'm not gonna pass it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonjour43MA View Post
I was caught up in the G20 riot in Toronto last year when work sent me there for 2 weeks, and remember being in the crowd with my camera (I was out and about, checking out the city). I can understand what it feels like to be "caught up in the moment" and have your adrenaline running, but at NO POINT during that experience did I even THINK about participating in the riot. I just don't understand why these people, espeically ones that are "educated" (University students), can commit something like this and had absolutely no self-control or common sense to guide themselves out of the situation.

I am more shocked at this riot than the G20 one one for several reasons:

- The G20 riot was mainly led by those that deployed the black bloc tactic, and few individuals joined in, whereas our riot seemed to have been started by those that came down here with rioting in mind, and then it spiraled out of control with many more kids joining in the mayhem throughout pockets of the city
- The G20 at least had a political undertone to it, and even though rioting is not a way to get the message across, it had a POINT. Ours? ABSOLUTELY NO POINT to the riot other than destruction of properties and "fun time" had by those that were here.
- The G20 rioters were clear-cut in who their targets were: big corporations and the police. They did not attack by-standers or anyone that had nothing to do with the G20. Ours? people fighting each other, beating each other up, ganging up on those that fight back.
- Looting! I remember almost no looting occurred at the G20 riot, where as ours had countless incidents at major shops where almost everyone had a piece of the action. Where are the moral values in these peoples minds?
- This was LITERALLY in my backyard, as I work and live downtown.

I acutally feel less safe now, knowing that we have SO MANY people out there (in Vancouver and the suburbs), espeically kids, that are capable of horrid crimes against other fellow citizens. I won't be surprised that a major riot is highly likely in the event of significant natural disasters and those that had participated in this riot that stole, hurt, and disobeyed, will repeat their actions and take it to the next level (killing).

Shocked, just shocked and still in disbelief that so many people are still capable of acting this way.
+1. I was there for work, and when I was off I enjoyed the city. When the riots happened, I knew I had to go out and take pictures, my friends called me crazy for getting out there and many sent me texts telling me to be safe. From what I saw though, G20 wasn't bad compared to Vancouver at all.
K-Dub is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-19-2011, 03:13 PM   #2000
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Dub View Post
Wow this is nutty, I was on top of the parkade and got pictures of this. Sorry if this is a repost, I was out of town for the weekend and just catching up on 20+ pages.

First footage I've seen of the fight, going to fwd along to VPD.
Good pics man. Just curious if you saw how it all got started?

Last edited by minoru_tanaka; 06-19-2011 at 03:22 PM.
minoru_tanaka is offline   Reply With Quote