REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 06-20-2011, 09:44 AM   #2126
I'm better than you.

Thanked 3,087 Times in 658 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dangonay View Post
Don't know if it's been suggested, but I think they should let these fuckers spend only one day in jail.........while a prison riot is taking place.
i'd rather these fucking goofs lose their jobs, expelled from school (assuming it was a post secondary school), or do some community service, on top of paying out of their pockets to pay for damages.
Advertisement

'14 Toyota Yaris [Work Daily]
'89 Toyota Cressida MX83 [Collector's status]
'15 Honda Ruckus [Summer cruiser]
'96 Toyota Hilux Surf KZN185 [Weekend Warrior]

Buy & Sell Ratings!
b0unce. [?] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 09:46 AM   #2127
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7seven View Post
Alcohol and mob mentality is just a bullshit excuse. These idiots that are losing their jobs, suspended from school, losing friends and being publicly shamed deserve every last bit of it. They showed their true nature by participating in the riot, they showed they are immature, lack character and have horrible decision making abilities.
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 09:48 AM   #2128
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

i say dumb excuse = lock/jail up =)
terryjai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 09:53 AM   #2129
Banned (ABWS)

http://camillecacnioapology.wordpres...er-i-am-sorry/

Apology not accepted. What the fuck did she fucking learn from her "volunteering"? Probably just to puff up the resume. Bitch, I am disappoint. Ingenuine apologies are worthless.

Take a visit to Canuck Place or BC Children's Hospital and find out what a real reason for volunteering is. I swear, after seeing some of the things children live with, I know that volunteering doesn't entitle me to anything except a more gracious view of what I have.

This bitch is using volunteering as a way to plea to justify what she did. It makes me sick to have "volunteers" like this who are self-absorbed.
MrGoodbar is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-20-2011, 10:11 AM   #2130
RS Lurker, I don't post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGoodbar View Post

Apology not accepted. What the fuck did she fucking learn from her "volunteering"? Probably just to puff up the resume. Bitch, I am disappoint. Ingenuine apologies are worthless.

Take a visit to Canuck Place or BC Children's Hospital and find out what a real reason for volunteering is. I swear, after seeing some of the things children live with, I know that volunteering doesn't entitle me to anything except a more gracious view of what I have.

This bitch is using volunteering as a way to plea to justify what she did. It makes me sick to have "volunteers" like this who are self-absorbed.
Exactly what we should do with these people. She may be calling out all the name callers but is still dodging the questions.

Ask her if she didn't get spotted what she would do.

Ask her why she would get caught up if she knows better.

So let's just keeping asking them questions until they truly are apologetic and not arrogant.
greenlantern1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 10:11 AM   #2131
xxx

Quote:
Anyone using alcohol and getting caught up in "mob mentality" is an idiot and just using it as a cop out. I was watching the game on the patio of Jimmys Taphouse at Robson/Homer, the entrance of the CBC fanzone with Blum2001 and a few other friends. We were drinking from 11am to 3am, a heavy mix of beers, highballs and shots, but did any of us get involved in the riot, no. So to use alcohol as an excuse is just fucked.

After Jimmys, we walked through the idiots to another bar in Yaletown to meet up with a few girls we know that were getting of shift early at the bar they worked at, the girls had been drinking and they decided to they wanted to take a walk to see what was going on, so rather than let the girls go alone, we went too. Only a couple block in we see a dumpster on fire at Homer/Nelson and at that point I told the group no point being on the street and we walked back to Yaletown to another bar. All of us had been drinking and had to walk through the idiot crowd, did any of us get caught up in the mob mentality and participate in the riot, no. Having to walk through the idiot crowd twice, non of us after heavy drinking got involved or caught up in this magical mob mentality bullshit.

Alcohol and mob mentality is just a bullshit excuse. These idiots that are losing their jobs, suspended from school, losing friends and being publicly shamed deserve every last bit of it. They showed their true nature by participating in the riot, they showed they are immature, lack character and have horrible decision making abilities.
Amen to that.

Those people deserve everything they have coming to them. Losing their jobs, public humilation, friends/employers/organizations severing ties with them, etc. The only exception I think is the harassment they are getting: Phone calls, death threats, etc. I don't believe it should reach the point where they are fearing for their own safety.

Any scumbag harassing camille/nathan or any rioter for that matter also deserves to go to jail for harassment or any other related crimes they are guilty of IMO. Do what you can to expose them, but let the courts handle the rest. I guess that's the only part of camille's 'apology' I agree with. I agree the rest is just bullshit rationalization.
Oleophobic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 10:13 AM   #2132
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGoodbar View Post

Her apology makes it seem like she is the victim.
Liquid_o2 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-20-2011, 10:14 AM   #2133
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Quote:
Originally Posted by rb View Post
Tim Kwong's apology (already posted but here it is again for reference)

A RESPONSE FROM A ST. PAUL's E.R. NURSE (to Tim Kwong's apology)

Hope this isn't a repost
There are two kinds of apologies: 1) One kind, you do because you realize the consequences of your actions to yourself and to your well-being. 2) The second kind, you do because you realize the consequences of your actions to others and their well-being.

Not too many of the latter being seen so far... I wonder if we will ever see any.
chunk_stir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 10:18 AM   #2134
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid_o2 View Post
Her apology makes it seem like she is the victim.
I replied but I doubt it's gonna be published.

"The first step to making your apology more sincere is to not make any excuses."
Old 06-20-2011, 10:23 AM   #2135
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Camille was let go from Burrard Acura on Saturday. Needa look for a new receptionist for Saturdays now!
jaemc is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-20-2011, 10:37 AM   #2136
DOES HE LOOK LIKE A BITCH?

Thanked 2,571 Times in 689 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bing View Post
Judging from some of your comments made, it is understandable they were made out of anger, but it is entirely NOT reasonable. That is not how criminal justice professionals have to look at it according to the legislative framework. I would agree with you if you said that committing a crime is committing a crime, but I have to point out that there are differing degrees of seriousness (this is highlighted by the crime severity index) and also by the type of charges she will be facing (summary conviction-less serious, or indictable offenses-more serious). I cannot recall at the moment what theft falls under.

The Canadian justice system also believes in a restorative justice approach that sees offenders being reintegrated into society as best as possible, and judges take mitigating and aggravating factors into sentencing. From what I remember, it cost 80,000/yr to house people in jails (I also read stats that showed $154/day in provincial jails versus $299/day in federal jails) compared to 20,000/yr for supervised probation. Let's be realistic here, that punishments have to fit the crime.
Theft under $5000 is not indictable.

While I might reconsider putting her in jail (because I get the feeling a lot of people are making rash judgments, on top of the obvious reasons to point a finger at her), a permanent record and some real community service are unavoidable.
Culture_Vulture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 10:43 AM   #2137
Banned (ABWS)

"To those who know me and have turned their backs on me, please delete me from Facebook and disassociate yourself from me as much as possible because I don’t want to have anything to do with you."

Does this demand from Camille sound apologetic?
MrGoodbar is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-20-2011, 10:46 AM   #2138
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
I was watching the game on the patio of Jimmys Taphouse at Robson/Homer, the entrance of the CBC fanzone with Blum2001 and a few other friends.
I was severely drunk.
Drank too many shots
Drank too many Gin/Tonics
Was as drunk as I could be before passing out.
I was totally fueled by alcohol.

But...

I didn't riot, break windows, steal tuxedo's.
I walked home after.

Media's 'Fueled by alcohol' is a complete joke.

My liver still hurts.
that is all.
blum2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-20-2011, 10:47 AM   #2139
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunk_stir View Post
There are two kinds of apologies: 1) One kind, you do because you realize the consequences of your actions to yourself and to your well-being. 2) The second kind, you do because you realize the consequences of your actions to others and their well-being.

Not too many of the latter being seen so far... I wonder if we will ever see any.
Agreed. None of these apologies are sincere yet now they're playing the victim. If anything these apologies we're seeing are making everyone more outraged because it lacks the understanding of what they did wrong. Camille's apology was 1 paragraph, then justification. I wanted to ream the bitch out but I know none of her comments on her wordpress page will be approved "unless" it sides on her side. Maybe that's why there's no comments.

I hope the book is thrown at her. HARD.
blum2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 10:51 AM   #2140
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

"On any regular day I would not condone looting.

However, at the time of the riot everything just seemed so right."

....speechless to that statement.....so i guess it's okay to do bad things as long as "everything just seemed so right"

so if there's a car accident...it's OKAY for me to hit/damage the car again coz "just seemed so right" coz it's damaged anyways?....

....she's a R-TARD and she goes to UBC....hmmmmmmm G.P.A of i dont even know....coz poo probably has more....
terryjai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 10:59 AM   #2141
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by terryjai View Post
"On any regular day I would not condone looting.

However, at the time of the riot everything just seemed so right."

....speechless to that statement.....so i guess it's okay to do bad things as long as "everything just seemed so right"

so if there's a car accident...it's OKAY for me to hit/damage the car again coz "just seemed so right" coz it's damaged anyways?....

....she's a R-TARD and she goes to UBC....hmmmmmmm G.P.A of i dont even know....coz poo probably has more....
Under the same mentality- it's ok to stab someone just because everyone else is doing it.
Old 06-20-2011, 11:10 AM   #2142
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
I want to shed light onto the thought process that was in my head so that maybe you can all get a little bit of an understanding and sympathize for people like me, who made wrong decisions but have now become victims of this social media form of mob mentality

The fact that she is playing victim and is trying to deliberately elicit sympathy from others is pretty infuriating and makes me less 'sorry' for her than before. She should have finished her post at the 'my apologies' section before getting into victim mentality mode.
illcrashandburn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-20-2011, 11:23 AM   #2143
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,101 Times in 351 Posts
I guess I'm in the minority in thinking that some of this public shaming is going too far. Especially when racist comments & death threats are being levied against the parties involved.

I would have preferred the police and judicial system take on the situation from there as opposed to the general public administering their own punishment. As we witnessed with the riot itself, the general public is full of idiots. And now, in some ways I think the social media groups have created their own mob in trying to imbue their beliefs of justice onto the parties involved in the riot.

Kev
Old 06-20-2011, 11:27 AM   #2144
Blood tests positive for LOL mod

Thanked 1,263 Times in 325 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
I guess I'm in the minority in thinking that some of this public shaming is going too far. Especially when racist comments & death threats are being levied against the parties involved.

I would have preferred the police and judicial system take on the situation from there as opposed to the general public administering their own punishment. As we witnessed with the riot itself, the general public is full of idiots. And now, in some ways I think the social media groups have created their own mob in trying to imbue their beliefs of justice onto the parties involved in the riot.

Kev
I was just thinking about this today.

We're creating a little mob of our own. I suggest sending the photos, calling them out and letting the police handle it instead of stirring up a bigger problem with hate mail and threats.

artofstance
Buy/Sell Rating
Proud member of G.R.A.P.E -- Great Revscene Action Photography Enthusiasts
Mananetwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 11:27 AM   #2145
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,057 Times in 429 Posts
I think people are "imbueing" there own justice cause they dont have faith in our justice system and i dont blame them. But i think its gone alil too far imo.
Posted via RS Mobile

Edit* i also believe we created a mob against a mob but, if your gonna do something stupid, theres gonna be a retaliation or some sort.
RiceIntegraRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 11:33 AM   #2146
I want to be a person and not an icon.

Thanked 5,286 Times in 892 Posts
Fuck... I just finished reading Camille Cacnio's Wordpress.

She should shut the fuck up.

She is trying to make us feel bad in fucking her over in her job and life.

Fucking dumbass bitch.

If you can't face the consequences. Don't do the crime. It's as simple as that.

" I am prepared to do community work, pay fines, and if worst comes to worst, even a criminal record."

Shut the fuck up, she needs to go to jail and learn. I don't care if she only stole "a little" and blamed it on Alcohol.

If you can't handle alcohol simply don't drink.

Fuck her she needs to be used to set a precedent, Throw her in jail so when if we have another riot everyone will think twice and remember this bitch went to jail for stealing shit she doesnt need.

Also for fuck sakes " (a natural response after seeing people repeatedly trying to – successfully – ruin your life) "

I don't even need to reply to that. She still sounds like a fucking bitch with no remorse what I read was...

blah blah blah I fucked up blah blah blah but you guys fucked me over in worst blah blah blah you guys should be ashamed of yourself blah blah blah its none of your fucking business.

I don't buy in to that shit.
Vale46Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-20-2011, 11:34 AM   #2147
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
With over a million photos/names/videos sent to them, sounds like it'll take a while for VPD to get to everyone, but in the meantime...

Quote:
News1130radio News1130
Turn yourself in or we'll arrest you at work. That's from VPD Chief Jim Chu for people caught in the act on video/photos during the riot.
7seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 11:36 AM   #2148
I don't get it

I originally felt sorry for her and hoped that she would make it out of this mess and rebuild her life. After reading that shit... I don't know

Most of us here ARE aware that the "mob mentality" or "intoxication" MIGHT have had something to do with her actions. She doesn't seem to understand that we are angry at her despite these "excuses", because there are no excuses to committing a crime. Instead she acts as if she's a lawyer and talking down on us with lecture and quotes... jesus christ what a retard.

I have a feeling that she's going to be the most-harrassed and griefed rioter in vancouver. that apology just made everything so much worse for her.

In the meantime, I'm still waiting on how the Jason Li kid would come out of this. Hope he's different than this retarded bitch and actually makes his way out of this mess. His face will forever be a meme though haha
Toeknee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 11:39 AM   #2149
I don't get it

Quote:
With over a million photos/names/videos sent to them, sounds like it'll take a while for VPD to get to everyone, but in the meantime...
Jim Chu is badass hahaha
Toeknee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 11:41 AM   #2150
My homepage has been set to RS

not sure if posted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K46l1...embedded#at=77
tool001 is offline   Reply With Quote