REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 02-16-2012, 02:51 PM   #2801
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,454 Times in 813 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyker View Post
It's not fucked,that's how the laws is once the riot act has been read to rioters.

If you read the riot act,it clearly states,any crimes committed after the riot act has been read,people charged could face life in prison,so in my point of view,white trash boy got off easy.
Kind of think he means 2.5 years for murder with a deadly weapon is a RIDICULOUSLY lax sentence.. comparing it to a rioter getting 1.5 years..
Advertisement
[17-03, 09:23] Amuro Ray is it normal for my dick to have things growing on it?
Quote:
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna You guise are like diet coke and I am the mentos
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna Incredible. How easy it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
I'm scared of spiders... When I see one I toss my cats at it
melloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 02:52 PM   #2802
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
And of course a government, ANY government is going to have strict laws to protect itself, ie. civil disobedience.
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 05:46 AM   #2803
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
The problem isn't his sentence is to heavy it's that the other sentences we're comparing it to are to light.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-17-2012, 08:20 AM   #2804
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
Ryan Dickinson should be given MORE..

firstly for the riot.. secondly, he is on PROBATION for past offense..
Old 02-17-2012, 08:41 AM   #2805
I bringith the lowerballerith

He will be crying after serving a month in the joint,jail is not for the weak minded,he won't last a year without losing his mind,or at least be the same mentally again.

If I was in jail,I would host a swirly and a stomp party to welcome him in.
spyker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 07:11 PM   #2806
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,497 Times in 4,892 Posts
So glad this dickhead got jail time. I hope the others are shitting their pants.

I get what others are saying. It doesn't make sense, but rioting is a different kettle of fish. I want to see the civil lawsuits get under way. Spokesperson from London Drugs said they would definitely go after the rioters for damages.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 08:50 PM   #2807
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,238 Times in 5,599 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyker View Post
He will be crying after serving a month in the joint,jail is not for the weak minded,he won't last a year without losing his mind,or at least be the same mentally again.

If I was in jail,I would host a swirly and a stomp party to welcome him in.
The guy was already on probation and wherever you go whether it be a detention center or pre-trial it will probably be fairly standard for some skid like this

Although the punishment may seem lengthy if you want to get very serious you've got to hit people financially, some people would be better off taking 4 years rather than trying to pay off 30 grand
Posted via RS Mobile
Hondaracer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 10:26 PM   #2808

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
The guy was already on probation and wherever you go whether it be a detention center or pre-trial it will probably be fairly standard for some skid like this

Although the punishment may seem lengthy if you want to get very serious you've got to hit people financially, some people would be better off taking 4 years rather than trying to pay off 30 grand
Posted via RS Mobile
For all we know,this fucking skid could have only served a few days in jail,got a promise to appear and was released on probation.

I think the province should make everyone of these motherfuckers that are found guilty of rioting,each of them pay a equal portion it costs for all this shit they caused,which includes clean up,damages and court fees.
Old 02-17-2012, 10:35 PM   #2809
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 1,669 Times in 147 Posts
rofl a local from my old high school (hj cambie in richmond) was found for participating the riot. hope he gets whats serving him!! kids like 17 rofl
sindragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 10:46 PM   #2810
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sindragon View Post
rofl a local from my old high school (hj cambie in richmond) was found for participating the riot. hope he gets whats serving him!! kids like 17 rofl
He'll get a harsh sentence of nothing, and a name publication ban for being a minor. That's what's coming to him.
kuruuze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 12:14 AM   #2811
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabAlmighty View Post
So a guy I know who kills his best friend drunk driving gets 2.5 years for essentially man slaughter and this guy gets 1.5 years...

That's fucked.
If I killed my best friend drunk driving, any time in jail would mean nothing to me. If I just killed my best friend, how is that not punishment enough? You will never see him again, his parents will never look at you again, his gf or whatever will never speak to you again, I am sure even my own parents would not speak to me for years.

Any regular citizen would be haunted for life regarding that 1 bad decision. This guy will forget about the riot and subsequent jail time in less than 5 years.
Old 02-18-2012, 07:13 AM   #2812
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,763 Times in 1,748 Posts
The 17 months was LIGHT if you consider that this guy was breaching his bail conditions for a previous assault charge by being downtown at the time.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 07:29 AM   #2813
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuruuze View Post
He'll get a harsh sentence of nothing, and a name publication ban for being a minor. That's what's coming to him.
HEY!

That slap on the wrist ain't nothing and is gonna sting mister...
Old 02-18-2012, 08:26 AM   #2814
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:

Posted via RS Mobile
Sometimes civil action can only do so much. I just learned the hard way that just because you win a civil suit doesn't mean you're finally gonna get paid. This topic is a little bit more complex so I'll leave it at that as to not derail this thread.

There's an old quote in insurance and law which I can't recall exactly but it's something like.... "you can't make a rock bleed" or "you can't get blood from a rock" or something; which really all they're trying to say is... it's not worth suing someone who has no means to pay. Most likely, lowlifes don't.
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 08:42 AM   #2815
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
well.. if you think about it.. most of the young kids will get HIT the hardest is when they look for jobs..

ANY good paying jobs require your criminal history.. unless they wait 5years after serving, then they can get it erased.. and why, coz they are stupid and participated in a RIOT... and since the economy is not getting any better soon.. they will be stuck flipping burgers.. im sure McDicks dont require a criminal record check.. haha

they ruined their lives... i dont pity them...
Old 02-18-2012, 09:18 AM   #2816
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
Sometimes civil action can only do so much. I just learned the hard way that just because you win a civil suit doesn't mean you're finally gonna get paid. This topic is a little bit more complex so I'll leave it at that as to not derail this thread.

There's an old quote in insurance and law which I can't recall exactly but it's something like.... "you can't make a rock bleed" or "you can't get blood from a rock" or something; which really all they're trying to say is... it's not worth suing someone who has no means to pay. Most likely, lowlifes don't.
You can't get blood from a stone?

It's true. We find the same thing with going after tenants. Do I want to go after a shitbag and spend a bunch of time building my case, to get a victory and be told, you can pursue through civil court, which means I spend more time building another case and be told, you win to then have to hire people to track them down and in the end spend more than you could actually recover to attempt to fuck up their lives in retribution.

Or accept that the rule is, the "kind of shitty" people are there for the taking, but if you are completely shitty...you win!
Old 02-18-2012, 09:25 AM   #2817

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great68 View Post
The 17 months was LIGHT if you consider that this guy was breaching his bail conditions for a previous assault charge by being downtown at the time.
Oh so this kid likes to assualt people huh?

I really hope he tries to assualt someone in jail while doing his time,not only will he get his ass beat so bad,he might even be the new jailhouse bitch who will be sucking dicks during the time of his stay or be pimped out to all the other inmates for a pack of cigarettes.
Old 02-18-2012, 01:08 PM   #2818

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post

yea, but the government has the ability to take away rights such as driving liscence, passport, etc. as opposed to a civil suit

but obviously cases like these would be too much "work" to fight it to the fullest for them
Old 02-18-2012, 02:03 PM   #2819
I am Hook'd on RS

Ready to get flamed here, but oh well.

I know ryan, hes a good friend of mine. And ill be the first to say he is a FUCKING IDIOT for doing what he did. But everyone making these comments saying theyd like to shit kick him for this is no better. He has done stupid shit in th past, his probation for his "assult charge" isnt cause he went and randomly beat the shit out of someone. He was on a party bus and after tye bus people there started a fight with another group of people. He was not part of it until he saw his friend getting the shit kicked out of him, he went to break it up and the guy hit him and threw him to the ground. Wheb he got up he hit the guy once. One of the people of the other group suffered bad injuries that is why EVERYONE got charged. He got time served and 6 month probation because he didnt play a major part.

He breached because one of his conditions was no alcohol.

Its the fucking stanley cup, who isnt going to drink? (Besides recovering addicts and 11 year olds)

My point is hes the first to get charged, and thats because he turned himself in. He was trying to turn his life around, had a good job etc. I am NOT defending his actions, it was stupid what he did, and despicable. But he is genuinly a good guy getting singled out. He threw a news stand thru an unmarked cop car and one window. He didnt go around looting thousands of dollars of murchandise, shit kicking people, of starting giant infurnos.

The media is "making an example" out of him. And our justice system and media is equally fucked. There was a guy who 19 years old went to the sane jail as ryan for assulting a police officer during the riot. HE WAS RELEASED TWO WEEKS LATER. Just because hes all over the media does NOT mean he should be singled out. Hes a normal 20 year old guy. People get caught up in the heat of the moment, he felt remorse and turned himself in. Now hes the posterboy for the riots for probably the smallest crime commited there.

/end rant
Posted via RS Mobile
S13SRiding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 02:26 PM   #2820

^ the main reason why he got the charges he did because although he didnt loot anything, his actions incited others to do the same..

and i dont care how good of a guy you think he is, the guy is a skid for even having the mentality to commit those actions, every single person i associate myself with would never even be around people like your "friend"
Old 02-18-2012, 02:31 PM   #2821
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Thanked 1,392 Times in 180 Posts
Just the fact that the group got off the party bus and started a fight with another group of people just shows what kind of person this kid is, and the people he hangs around with.
GoneGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 02:35 PM   #2822
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
Quote:
^ the main reason why he got the charges he did because although he didnt loot anything, his actions incited others to do the same..

and i dont care how good of a guy you think he is, the guy is a skid for even having the mentality to commit those actions, every single person i associate myself with would never even be around people like your "friend"
+1
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 03:09 PM   #2823
#savethemanuals

Thanked 2,551 Times in 950 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by S13SRiding View Post
Ready to get flamed here, but oh well.

I know ryan, hes a good friend of mine. And ill be the first to say he is a FUCKING IDIOT for doing what he did. But everyone making these comments saying theyd like to shit kick him for this is no better. He has done stupid shit in th past, his probation for his "assult charge" isnt cause he went and randomly beat the shit out of someone. He was on a party bus and after tye bus people there started a fight with another group of people. He was not part of it until he saw his friend getting the shit kicked out of him, he went to break it up and the guy hit him and threw him to the ground. Wheb he got up he hit the guy once. One of the people of the other group suffered bad injuries that is why EVERYONE got charged. He got time served and 6 month probation because he didnt play a major part.

He breached because one of his conditions was no alcohol.

Its the fucking stanley cup, who isnt going to drink? (Besides recovering addicts and 11 year olds)

My point is hes the first to get charged, and thats because he turned himself in. He was trying to turn his life around, had a good job etc. I am NOT defending his actions, it was stupid what he did, and despicable. But he is genuinly a good guy getting singled out. He threw a news stand thru an unmarked cop car and one window. He didnt go around looting thousands of dollars of murchandise, shit kicking people, of starting giant infurnos.

The media is "making an example" out of him. And our justice system and media is equally fucked. There was a guy who 19 years old went to the sane jail as ryan for assulting a police officer during the riot. HE WAS RELEASED TWO WEEKS LATER. Just because hes all over the media does NOT mean he should be singled out. Hes a normal 20 year old guy. People get caught up in the heat of the moment, he felt remorse and turned himself in. Now hes the posterboy for the riots for probably the smallest crime commited there.

/end rant
Posted via RS Mobile
Maybe its time for you to get new friends?

People like him are the ones that always start shit, always so cocky and ready to prove themselves for no good reason.

And why would he drink if he's under probation? He wants to turn his life around? That's what they all say but his actions don't really reflect that.
Energy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 04:13 PM   #2824
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Energy View Post
Maybe its time for you to get new friends?

People like him are the ones that always start shit, always so cocky and ready to prove themselves for no good reason.

And why would he drink if he's under probation? He wants to turn his life around? That's what they all say but his actions don't really reflect that.
I see what youre saying and I dont disagree. I just find it ridiculous the time hes serving for what he did. But i do agree,, jail time is appropriate. For everyone who participated. I just find it stupid where one guy who assaulted a cop during the riot got out in two weeks, while he gets 17 months for destruction of property. Its the stuff the media DOESNT tell us.
Posted via RS Mobile
S13SRiding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 04:18 PM   #2825
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,628 Times in 718 Posts
there were others who drank at the riot.. they didn't do anything
Excelsis is offline   Reply With Quote